Chapter 19

Liam's pov

Ariella. After realization hit me, I cried out in distress, not wanting to allow the sound of the gun shots to sink in. Louis turned to me with a look of pure fear present in his eyes. Hurriedly, I hoisted myself off the floor, whimpering in pain. Louis and I instantly began making our way inside as fast as we could, both of our bodies in extreme pain, the adrenaline being the only thing allowing us to move.

"You can't go in there!" Zayn called out, his tone suggesting we were mad. "Let's get out of here!"

"Ariella's in there!" I called over my shoulder, not feeling the need to say anymore. He wasn't going to stop me from getting to her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Harry nudge Niall and Zayn, and with little protest, they followed behind us.

"Over here" Louis harshly whispered, not stopping his run. We followed him to the other end of the factory and through an open door. He held his hand out to slow us down while he made sure that no body was inside.

That's when I saw her.

Ariella's Pov

After Louis had tied his shirt around me, he left me inside while he went out to help the others. I felt entirely useless, not being able to do anything productive. I don't think there's a worse feeling than bleeding to your death, while your friends are no less than ten feet away from you fighting for their lives and you can't even help them.

Even though I felt pretty weak, I used all my energy to sit up. "Mm" I groaned in pain and squeezed my eyes shut as I propped myself against a wall. Thankfully, nobody was in here, except for the corpse of guy that tried to kill Louis. Just looking at him laying there made me feel sick.

I took a deep breath and glanced around the room, contemplating what I should. Something in the corner of the room caught my eye. It appeared to be a smaller, silver object, in the shape of a rectangle. Squinting, I gasped when I identified the object to be a phone. It must have fallen out of the man's pocket when he collapsed on the floor.

"Okay Ari just inch over there and get it" I encouraged myself, using the wall and my hands to pull myself over there. After minutes of trying, I finally got up and wobbled over to the corner, holding the gun against my stomach, just in case.

I bent down to pick it up, but a sharp pain sent me falling to the ground in pain. My hand found its way to my mouth as I winced loudly in pain, my hand muffling the sounds. Not waisting any more time, I grabbed the iPhone and slid the lock screen to emergency call. My shaking hands pressed the three digits of the emergency number and waited as it rang.

"9-1-1 operator what's your emergency?" She asked after picking up on the second ring.

"M-my name is Ariella O'riley and I'm inside an abandoned factory in San Diego" I started off shakily. "Me and my friends were kidnapped and abused and we need help" I croaked out, avoiding taking deep breaths so I didn't anger the gash under my rib cage.

"Ariella do you know the address of this place? And do you know who the attackers were?" She asked and I thought back to it.

"It's on Convoy street" was all I was able to tell her.

"That's all we should need to find it" she told me. "Honey are you able to stay on the phone with me?" This lady sounded to be in her fifties, and her voice was very motherly and soothing.

"Yes" I whispered, as tears rolled down my cheeks. I glanced down at my wound and saw the blood was seeping through Louis's white tee shirt.

"Darling are you hurt?" She asked me.

"Yeah" I replied, squeezing my eyes shut. "they stabbed me" I added, taking small quick breaths.

"Do you have anything that you can use to stop the bleeding?" She asked, "a tee shirt? Gauze?"

"Yeah Louis tied a tee shirt around me" I told her, as if she knew who Louis would be.

"Okay good" she sighed slightly. "Where are your friends?" She asked. Her voice sounded hurried, as if she was taking notes on everything I was saying.

"I don't know" I whimpered, clearing my throat as k tired my hardest not to break down.

"Honey it's okay" she assured me. "Stay calm, we will find your friends, help is on the way." As soon as she said those words, it felt as if a weight has been lifted from my chest.

"Thank you" I croaked and nodded my head, even though she couldn't see.

"Can you tell me the names of your friends?" She asked, her voice hurried.

"L-Liam Payne" I began, squeezing my eyes shut. "Louis T-Tomlinson" My tongue darted out and wetted my dry lips quickly.

"Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Niall Horran?"
She asked, finishing it for me.

"Yes" I almost chuckled, but the pain prevented me from executing it.

"Wonderful" she told me, sounding relieved. "Honey don't worry" she assured me once again. "Help should be arriving very soon, the location we tracked is fairly close to our nearest dispatching location" she informed me.

"Okay, thank you" I told her.

"Would you like me to stay on the line with you, darling?"

"No I'll be okay, thank you though" I smiled through my tears.

"Okay darling, hang in there, you're going to be just fine" she promised before hanging up. Sighing, I leaned my head back against the hard wall and closed my eyes. Within a few seconds, I heard slow clapping and I popped my eyes open.

"Well, wasn't that beautiful" the burly attacker mocked, stepping out of the shadows. "You think everything will be okay now, don't you sweetheart?" He laughed. The way he said sweetheart made me feel nauseous. "Sweetie your not going to live long enough to see how this turns out" he said, pulling a long blade out of his jacket pocket. "

Remaining calm, like the woman said, I swiftly grasped the gun from beside me and turned back to him. "Neither will you" I mumbled in a monotone voice. Then, I pointed the gun at him and placed my hand on the trigger. He was taken back and instinctively lunged at me. I pointed the metal at his chest and pulled the trigger.

Just as my bullet collided with his chest, his knife met my calf, and both of our screams mixed indecipherably. "Oh my god" I whined in pain, as fresh blood surfaced on my calf.

My eyes stared at him in bitter disgust as I leaned my head back against the wall for one final time. My heart rate was beginning to slow, which worried me. Hang in there, you're going to be fine, her words rang in my head, giving me a little bit of hope, knowing he'll should be here in a minute.

I wanted desperately to hold on, but my eyelids had other plans. Just as I was about to close my eyes and let darkness take over my body, five boys burst into the room. My eyes fluttered open and I made out the figures to be the ones I wanted to see most.

Liam was at my side in an instant, taking my fragile, bloody body into his arms. I whimpered in pain, as he held me close. My eyes closed and I didn't want to look at any of them- It would just make it that much harder. I felt Liam bring his lips to the farthest part of my cheek, closer to my ear, and plant a few soft kisses. I heard a few sniffles and groans from the other lads, but the only voice I focused on was Liam's before I fell into a long sleep,

"I'll always love you"

******************************************
Comment if you want a sequel
Vote if you liked it :)

Lots of love
Xx