Chapter 29

Ariella's pov

My heart beat fast as I approached room 236. My stomach churned as I cautiously opened the door handle and entered the room. The lights were off, so I flipped the switch, and quickly dimmed the lighting so it was only semi-bright.

I gasped when I looked at the sight in front of me. Liam's lifeless and broken body laid flat on the bed. The color was drained from his face and his eyes were closed. His once perfectly quiffed hair was matted to his head.

I slowly walked up to the bed and took a closer look at his face. The large red gash looked a lot worse against his pale skin. His lips were no longer pink and plump, but thin and white.
Tubes ran it of his nose pumping oxygen to his weak lungs.

Carefully, I placed my hand against his cheek and sat in the edge of his bed. I shuddered at the cold feeling of his skin.

When Liam was home from tour and we went to sleep at night, I always cuddled up to him for warmth. It's hard to imagine how that felt after feeling his cold hard skin.

Every few seconds, a beep would go off. Curious, I looked around the room trying to find the source of the noise. A flashing screen next to the bed caught my eye. I stood up and walked to the other side, carefully avoiding a cluster of wires.

I peered down at the screen and a nearly flat green line was running across the screen. I stared at it in confusion until I heard a beep and the line rose ever so slightly. About six seconds later, the same thing happened.

That's when I realized this was the heart monitor. Startled, I ran to ask a doctor. She followed me in the room and gladly accepted all my questions.

She informed me that his heart rate could not get any slower. She was giving him the next five hours before it stopped completely. I thanked her and she walked out side the room.

I sat in the edge of the bed again until I heard a loud obnoxious knock at the door. Without giving me a second to get up, Karen barged into the room followed by Nicola and Ruth.

"Wha-"

"Get away from him" she growled

"Karen stop" I whispered loudly.

Suddenly Louis walked into the room and assessed the mood in the room. He swiftly crept passed Karen and the girls and stood at my side protectively.

"Who are you to talk?! He doesn't love you or want you here so just leave!" She snapped

"Lower your voice your going to disturb him" I said lowly.

"Please" Ruth scoffed "your not even a part of this family. You're just another girlfriend that he'll get bored with and dump"

Usually comments didn't bother me, but this was caught my attention. Did Liam really not tell his family we're engaged?

I guess I don't blame him. I'm actually grateful that he didn't so I wouldn't have to deal with the drama while he was on tour.

They must have noticed the change in my expression because they began laughing a dry emotionless laugh.

"Look at her. She finally realized we're right" Nicola sneered

"No, actually your wrong" I spoke up with confidence. Without saying another word,
I held my left hand up to show them the beautiful ring Liam bought me.

They're eyes went wide as they gasped simultaneously.

"He didn't" they said astonished.

"He did" I remarked putting my hand at my side. "And it's sad that you need proof to see we're in love. So why don't you just go back to where you came from. You're not doing anyone any good just picking a fight."