Chapter 3

Liam's pov

"Wait why was it rescheduled?" Ari questioned, sitting on my lap on the couch. The boys and I exchanged quick nervous glances that went unnoticed by my fiancé.

"Because we're working on our fifth album" Harry told her convincingly.

"Oh... Didn't you just release the fourth one?" She asked, only partially believing his lie.

"Yes" he replied, not expecting her to question his statement. His face went blank and he couldn't come up with another excuse.

"We don't have an opening act" Niall said quickly, covering for his curly haired friend.

"So?" She asked rhetorically. "You guys are loved by millions, you don't need an opening act" she stated with a small giggle. None of the boys knew what to say, so I decided to turn this on her.

"Oh so you want us to go on tour?" I scoffed with a small smirk as I held a firm grip on her waist.

"No of course not" she said quickly, as he cheeks began to tint a shade darker. "I'm just trying to figure out why it was cancelled" she mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Just be happy we're here" I replied pecking her lips before she rested her head on my chest. I mentally rejoiced that she didn't push it any further than that be issue there was no way I could tell her the real reason the tour was cancelled- especially that we just got engaged.

The only reason I planned the engagement for tonight was because I found out this morning that the four was cancelled. I wasn't shallower enough to propose and than leave for five months. All I wanted was to have one special night before I broke the news to her. How would I even do so?

"Oh yeah there's just some psycho kidnapper out there who wants to kill me and is stalking my every move so basically one direction is not a thing until this guy is caught."

I don't think that would play over too well with her. She would just be distracted and nervous all the time- not that I blame her. Of course I was a little worried too, but I felt comfortable knowing Paul was doing all he could to handle it.

*Flashback*

I sat on my bed scrolling through Twitter- the only source of entertainment today since Ari was out with her friends. There was nothing interesting, so I was about to close it when an incoming tweet caught my eye.

@real_liam_payne will not see the end of this tour Xx

@real_liam_payne better watch his back Xx

At first I didn't think anything if it. It was probably just some crazed fan vying for attention, so I blew it off. However, I checked my inbox and saw an incoming video message. My mind told me to decline, but my fingers had other plans when I pressed play.

The video had no sound, and it was only a few seconds long, but these few seconds were enough to cause a big commotion. In the video, images of five knives flashed across the screen, along with a metal handgun. It then flashed to a hooded figure who used the knife, pretending to slit his own throat and then pointed directly to the camera.

The video ended with the camera pointed on a sign that read Welcome to California, but the word 'California' was crossed out and the word 'Hell' was written next to it, leaving my deeply confused as it ended.

My stomach twisted in nausea and I felt my face drain of color. I suddenly felt fidgety sitting in the bed, inside a large house, alone. Licking my lips, I dated my eyes back and forth as  I fumbled with my phone to call Simon. As his phone rang, I waited impatiently, with a huge knot in my stomach.

After an hour of pleading, worrying and fighting with management, a decision was made- The tour was cancelled until this guy was caught. There was nothing I could do about it. I just had to sit back and keep my doors locked.

Of course I was worried because I didn't want to die, but most importantly, I didn't want him to touch Ariella.

*End of flashback*

"Liam" she said snapping me out of my thoughts. I blinked one or twice and realized she was waiting for an answer.

"Oh umm... sorry just... thinking" I stumbled, not realizing I had completely zoned out.

"Why are you guys acting weird tonight?" She asked looking at us all. Her voice didn't sound like she suspected anything, it was rather just confused. Everyone was silent and suddenly the floor became a really interesting place to stare at for everyone.

"Ok you know what" she mumbled, getting off my lap. "I don't know what's going on so until someone wants to tell me, I'll be upstairs" she said sassily before she marched upstairs.

"Liam you have to tell her" Louis was the first to speak as soon as she was ou of earshot. "She'll find out eventually" he added.

"It's better to tell her so she won't get mad when she finds out by herself" they all chimed in, really trying to convince me to tell her.

"I just don't want her to worry" I said slumping down into the couch and resting my head in my  hand.

"Liam who wouldn't worry about this?" Zayn whispered loudly "Someone's trying to kill you! You have to hide anyway and she's going to get suspicious so just tell her!" He snapped, his voice full of irritation.

"I'll tell her when I'm ready" I snarled back at him. All five of us froze when a figure appeared on the stairwell.

Ariella.

*****************************************
Hope you liked this chapterrrr

What do you think Ariella's reaction will be?

Also please give this story a chance!! It starts slow but gets better I promise you that!

Much love 💋