Chapter 23

Ariella's pov

"So where are the boys?" I asked Louis and Liam

"Umm I think they're with Niall" Liam said casually

"What happened to Niall?" I asked worriedly

"He took a bad hit from one of the guys"

"He has a big gash on his leg, but he's fine. He just needs crutches to walk" they answered

My eyes softened, "and your stomach... Who else got hurt?" I asked with concern evident in my voice.

They exchanged glances and that's when I noticed Liam's cheek. Without saying a word I reached up and caressed his cheek.

"Liam"

"It's no big deal"

He reached up and put his hand on top of mine. It was as if he had forgotten about it until now. As he reached his hand up a drop of blood dropped onto the white sheet.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion until I noticed the bloody gash on his bicep.

"Liam" my eyes went wide

"Babe-"

"Lou get a doctor" I said not taking my eyes off Liam's arm

"No Lou sit down"

"Liam at least get it wrapped" I said much calmer than I was before

"I will but not right now" I glared at him but quickly agreed because I was drained of energy.

"There's our little savior" Harry said bursting through the door unexpectedly. He was followed by Zayn and then Niall hobbling along on his crutches.

I smiled at Harry's enthusiasm after this long week. He always brought life to the party and could make anyone feel better in seconds.

"How you feeling darling?" He asked in his cute Cheshire accent with his adorable dimples showing through his bright smile.

"As good as I can be after almost losing all of you" I said as he kissed my forehead.

"When can we get the hell outta here?" He asked with a laugh "this isn't my favorite place"

As if on cue the doctor walked through door with paperwork.

"Oh, my apologies Ms O'riley I didn't realize you had company" he said looking uncomfortable. Louis and Liam glared subtly at him, but I caught them.

"umm anyway" he began "you are free to leave when you wish, but you'll be on antibiotics to cure the pain of the wound and this medication is for the miscarriage" he said without hesitation.

Liam angrily became to get up but Zayn firmly held him down while Harry blocked an infuriated Louis.

I bit my lip to hold back the tears. The doctor must have noticed-

"Oh... That was inconsiderate" he said emotionlessly

"Ya think?" I sassed sarcastically

"My apologies-"

"Whatever just give me the medicine and leave" I said firmly

I notice the boys bite their tongues to prevent from laughing at my outburst towards the doctor. He handed the medicine to Liam and left without a word.

***

It was already getting dark since it was about 9:00.

"Should we leave or stay the night?" I asked the boys after yawning

"It's up to you. If you feel like it, we can leave, or if your tired, we'll stay" Liam responded sweetly

"Let's go home I've had enough of it here" I said throwing the covers off my bed earning a chuckle from the boys.

Liam leaned in to kiss me and we got so wrapped up in our own world we hadn't even realized we had fallen back on the bed.

"Eww"

"Get a room" the boys commented throwing pillows at us.

Suddenly we heard the door click open and the lights went off. We all turned out heads toward the door. Liam propped himself up on his forearms, his body still hovering over mine.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" The voice said stepping out of the shadows. It was the doctor... The moonlight from the window was the only light shinning through the room.

"Umm can we help you?" Louis asked and I stifled a laugh

"Yeah, your not going anywhere" he responded eerily and it made my stomach twist in discomfort.

"What are you talking about, we were just leaving" Zayn commented.

"I don't think so" he said with a creepy smile. The darkness in the room plus the silence wasn't helping the fact that I was already terrified.

"Ok we're going now" Liam said standing and helping me to my feet.

"SIT DOWN" he ordered me and I quickly obliged.

"Look man, we don't want any trouble, ok?" Liam countered

"Yeah we're leaving and won't come back" Louis added as he stood up.

"Since you guys won't listen, we can do this my way... or the hard way" he said pulling out a gun. My stomach tightened and I felt nauseous.

Does it ever end??

I quietly slipped my hand in Liam's and gave it a gentle squeeze.

We were not going down without a fight.

================================

Another cliffhangerrrr

Did anyone see that coming??

I hope you guys still like this and your not bored with the story.

I'm thinking it'll end around chapter 30-40 but I have ideas for a sequel.

If you want a sequel comment 'yes' or 'no' right here.

Thanks for 500+ reads and almost 100 votes!! It means a lot to me guys!!

Much love!
️Kat