Chapter 14

As soon as I got home, I threw my bag onto the kitchen table and went to sit down on the couch. In the car, I thought it would give me a probable location if I could track Liam's phone to make sure he was on schedule on California.

Hastily, I slid my phone out of my pocket and opened the app, find my iPhone. I plugged in his Apple ID and password and nervously waited as it located his destination.

Suddenly the screen blared and my heart jumped from the noise. My eyes focused in on the screen which read, Convoy Street. I arched an eyebrow and began to zoom in on the location. However as soon as I began to zoom in, the screen went black and it read this device is no longer supported by this app, before it crashed and redirected me to the home screen.

An uneasy feeling began to erupt in my stomach as I exited out of the app and opened Google. I typed in the name of the street, knowing very well a thousand suggestions would appear.

Sure enough, there were a bunch of streets named Convoy which made it hard to narrow down. I decided to take a chance and enter 'Los Angeles' because that's where Liam was supposed to be.

Although there was no street named Convoy in L.A., I did find one in San Diego, which was my safest bet right now. I took my chances and did some further research. It noted that this area was known as one of the worse areas of the city because of the constant crime ring, since it was such a big, industrial area. For that reason alone, it would make more sense if he was were because kidnapping is definitely under the definition of crimes.

My next action was to google when the next direct flight out there was. According to the flight webpage, there was a flight out in four hours. Reading this, my stomach began to twist in discomfort and anxiety. I need to make a decision, I said to myself, now.

Quite frankly, I told myself I didn't have a choice. If I don't go out there, whether it's the right location or not, at least I wouldn't be suffering from guilt.

My fingers seemed to make a decision before my brain when I clicked to order the plane ticket. Body shaking, I filled out my credit card information and waited for the flight confirmation email with my ticket.

Until then, I dashed upstairs and hurriedly grabbed the suitcase out of the closet and threw it on my bed. Wiping a few unwanted tears away, I pulled my drawers open and began packing some clothes. I kept it simple, only packing some yoga shorts and a few sweatpants and basic tee shirts. It's not like I needed to look sexy or anything.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket with the flight confirmation. I slowly opened it and printed it to the wireless printer in the office room next door. Looking at the ticket, the uneasy feeling resurfaced, allowing the reality to sink in.

Taking a deep breath, I walked back into my room and entered our bathroom. I threw some essentials into a small bag and zipped it shut. My eyes gazed up and I caught my own gaze in the mirror. I stared at my reflection for a second, but I felt tears arise, so I looked down. Never did I picture myself packing to see if I could find my fiancé's kidnapper.

As soon as I turned away, I remembered something crucial that I wanted to bring just in case. I walked over to Liam's side of the bed and opened his nightstand drawer. Inside, I pulled out a pocket sized switchblade that Liam always kept there. Licking my lips, I walked back to my side and put it inside a sunglass case and slipped it in the bottom of my shoulder bag.