43

Cassandra immediately climbs into the bathtub and turns the faucets on full. She claws at her back, trying to pull her zipper down. I help her out of her dress and add some bubbles to the water. She wishes her feet in the water and I help her pull the Kirby grips out of her hair. She sighs heavily, "I can feel the...the." She struggles to find the right word and I nod my head "It's normal" I say. Reaching over and turning the water off. "I'm sorry. You've done literally nothing to me. And I've been a complete bitch" She says, leaning her head on her knee's. I pat her shoulder, "Don't worry about it" I say, grabbing some face wash "Is that a rubber ducky?" She asks, I smile and pull it off the shelf. She takes it and squeezes, grinning when it lets out a quack. I smile and hand her a face cloth. I couldn't get her earlier words out of my mind. "You said I have everything you want?" I say, sitting on the toilet. She huffs a breath and scrubs at her face. "What exactly is it that you want?" I ask, She laughs "Same as most women, a Decent guy, kids, family" She trails off and I smile. "I'll be right back" I say, going into the bedroom and rooting under the bed. I pull out the photo album and carry it back into the bathroom. I had her a towel and she wraps it around herself. I sit on the ground and lean against the bath and pat the ground next to me. I open the book and she smiles at the picture of four happy kids. "Who are they?" She asks. I smile "Me, Samantha, Leah and Adam" I say, she nods and I flip to the pages where we were teenagers. "This was at our high school graduation." I say, She smiles "You look like great friends" She says, I smile "Same day I conceived" I say, I flip to the pictures of Adam and I's wedding. She smiles "You look happy" She says, looking at the picture with his hand resting on my swollen stomach. I chuckle "We didn't want to get married" I say, flipping to the next page. It was a picture of the ultrasound. I feel my throat tighten as I flip to the newspaper clipping, her eyes widen at the picture of Adam's totalled car. I flip to the next page and her eyes widen. I had taken the file that a student doctor had given Carlisle when she wanted me to Adopt Nicky. "Oh my god..." She whispers, I nod my head and flip again, "They're so small" She whispers, tracing the writing. "Charles and...Cassandra?" She asks, I smile "After my father and Adam's mother" I say. She nods her head and I flip to the picture that had been taken of me just after my surgery, "I lost the ability to fall pregnant after that accident" I say, her eyes widen. "But what about, Um...Nicky?" She asks, I smile "Nicky and Lara are both adopted. They needed a loving home and I had one" I say, I flip a little more and she smiles at the picture that was taken on Bella's birthday. "You can tell he loves you" She says, looking at the expression on Carlisle's face. I nod my head "And I love him." I say, she sighs "I really am sorry" She says, squeezing my hand. "Don't be. Dwelling on things doesn't do anyone any good" I say, closing the album. She nods her head, and I smile at her "Do you want to rebook the party?" I ask, She smiles and looks down at herself, "I'm not exactly dressed appropriately" She says, I smile and hold up her dress, "Uh, yeah. What exactly made you want to wear a dress so trashy?" I ask, she chuckles and shrugs, I grab the light purple dress that Alice had picked out for me, and hand it to her. She smiles "Are you sure?" She asks. I nod my head and she changes into it and rubs her damp blonde hair with a towel. "Thank you Marissa. Really. You didn't have to help me" She says, I shrug, "I help everyone. And I couldn't have you kill that beautiful, over the top cake." I say. She laughs and slips her heels back on her feet. I smile at her "And don't worry about Carlisle knowing. He probably won't mention it ever again" I whisper, she smiles in relief and follows me downstairs, and outside. "Go mingle, And have fun" I say, pushing her in the direction of the dancefloor. Arms wrap around my waist, "Would you like to dance?" Carlisle whispers in my ear. I smile and tilt my head, "Can we show off?" I ask and he chuckles, "I'm sure we can" He says, pulling me towards the dancefloor. He spins me around and pulls me back into his chest. I grin and let out a quiet squeak when he lifts me into the air without warning. I clutch the lapels of his blazer as he sets me down on my feet. I rest my head on his shoulder as we dance and notice Edward taking Bella into the woods. "That's not weird at all" I mutter, Carlisle chuckles "He has a surprise for her" He says, I meet his eyes "What is it?" I ask, "Jacob turned up" He says and my eyes widen. "And no one told me?" I say, pulling away slightly. I notice Edward leaning against a tree and approach him, leaving Carlisle to dance with Rose.

"So Jake's here." I say and he nods his head. I grin "Bella must be so happy" I say, Peering through the trees. "So where are you taking her?" I ask, Edward raises an eyebrow at me "I won't tell her. I promise" I say, crossing my heart, "It's a private island off the coast of Rio. Isle Esme" He says, I tilt my head "As in...?" I trail off and he nods his head, "It was a gift from Carlisle. She was going through a dark phase after she was turned." he says, I nod my head, Esme had told me a little about her human life. Edwards face suddenly changes and he darts into the woods. I follow behind him, "Jacob, stop" Edward says. "Are you out of your mind? Huh? Youll kill her!" Jake exclaims, starting to shake. I tug Bella backwards and Sam appears "Enough, Jacob!" Sam snaps, Jake glares at him, "Stay out of this, Sam!" He growls, Sam grabs his arm and I see his fingers digging into his arm. "Youre not gonna start something that well have to finish." He growls, getting in Jake's face. "Shell die." Jake growls, still shaking. "You don't know that." I say, wrapping an arm around my sister, "Shes not our concern anymore." Sam snaps, motioning Jared over. The two of them drag Jake away and Seth reluctantly follows them, Bella blinks tears away and I hug her "Don't worry about Jake. He'll come around" I mutter and lead her back to the dancing. I smile at Carlisle and he entwines out fingers. "I think Nicky might want to dance with his mother" He says, as Esme approaches with an over excited child. I smile and hold out my arms for him, I perch him on my hip and take his hand, I spin around the dancefloor with him and he laughs, throwing his head back. I notice Alice pulling Bella into the house and smile,Nicky shrieks as I toss him up in the air and catch him, I do this a few more times until he finally settles and wraps his arms around my neck. Sue approaches with a tired and grumpy Lara, "She was crying for you" She says, I reach an arm out and wrap it around Lara and she leans against my chest. "I think its time for bed" I coo, and walk towards the house. I have to adjust my grip on Nicky and stop as Bella walks out of the house in a pale dress. Everyone throws confetti and I smile and she kisses my cheek, "Have fun!" I exclaim, she rolls her eyes "I will when I know where we are going" She mutters, I laugh and bounce my kids, "Give aunty Bella a kiss" I say, Nicky moves around in my grip and wraps his arms around Bella and places a wet slobbery kiss to her cheek. Lara doesn't move, instead snuggling further into my chest. I chuckle "Well I had better get these two bathed and into bed" I say, kissing her forehead and walking into the house.

I put the kids in their beds once they are dry. And quietly close the door behind me, "Everyone is starting to leave" Carlisle says, appearing behind me. I grin and face him, "Is there any cake left?" I ask and he nods his head and disappears. I cross my arms and wait until he comes back with a large slice of cake. I raise an eyebrow and grab the fork, "I could've gotten it myself, you know" I say, stabbing at a piece of the cake and eating it. He chuckles "What movie are we watching tonight?" He asks, I shrug and follow him into the bedroom. I drop down on the soft mattress, "um...Pocahontas" I say, placing the cake on the night stand, I walk into the bathroom and reach for the zipper of my dress. Only problem? Alice had zipped it up because I couldn't reach. "Godammit!" I hiss as I miss the zipper for the fourth time. If I had control over metal I might be able to get it down, unfortunately Metal was the only element that I hadn't mastered. "Need help?" Carlisle asks leaning against the door frame. I meet his eyes in the mirror and nod my head. His fingers trail down my spine until he reaches the zipper then he takes a step back. Going back into the room, I slip the dress off my shoulders and pull on a tank top and pair of shorts. I scrub my makeup off my face and tie my hair in a ponytail and walk back into the room and jump onto the bed. I cross my legs and grab the plate with the cake, I lean against Carlisle's side and eat the cake as the opening credits roll on the large screen TV.