32

I sigh as I look around Forks high's cafeteria. I had been moonlighting as the school nurse, While the actual nurse recovers from the flu. Also because it allows me to bring the kids with me. I place Lara's car seat next to Rosalie and spin Nicky around so he's looking at everyone. And so he can eat. "Mike's just about to read the speech he wrote for Jessica" Angela tells me. I chuckle and lean against Jasper, "This should be good" I mutter. He snorts and I elbow him, "My fellow students" I raise an eyebrow as Eric comments. "Anything is possible if you just believe. Blah blah blah, you've got yourself a speech" He says, Jessica scoffs and crumples it up. "This will be my speech when I want everyone to throw their diploma's at my head. So, thank you" She throws the paper and it bounced off of Mikes head. "Marissa was Valedictorian" Bella says. I flush bright red and look away, Edward snorts and Bella smirks. "Really? What was your speech?" She asks, I avert my eyes "I didn't write a speech" I say, spooning cool lentil soup into Nicky's mouth. "All the Valedictorian's write a speech" Jess says. Eric's eyes widen "Oh my god! You're the one who sang 'When I kissed the teacher' aren't you?" He asks. Bella snorts and I could tell Edward was reading my mind. "Did you kiss the teacher?" Angela asks. Eric grins "My brother told me she actually kissed the Dean" He says with a grin. I close my eyes and groan. Emmett bursts out laughing and I notice some of the teachers looking towards us. "I'm not the only one! It took A full month to convince Adam to kiss the Dean. Samantha didn't take much convincing though. The dean was decidedly better looking back then" I mutter. Bella chuckles "It was brilliant!" She says, "At least its not as provocative as the song I sang at the graduation party" I mutter and grin when the headmaster approaches the table, and smile sweetly. "What's going on over here?" He asks, Jessica smiles sweetly, "Marissa was just helping me with my speech" She says. I hold back my laughter when he flushes slightly, "I hope you're not planning anything like last time" He says. I widen my eyes, and rest a hand on Nicky's head, "Who? Me? I would never!" I say faux innocently. He grumbles and walks back to the table where he was sitting. "All my friends at school. Had never seen the teacher blush, he looked like a fool!" I sing softly, "Nearly petrified, cause he was taken by surprise, When I kissed the teacher!" I continue, grinning as everyone falls over themselves laughing. (Just had to get a little Mamma Mia in there) Mike rolls his eyes, "You have to embrace the cliche's Jess, they're the bread and butter of most Valedictorians" I sigh, "Shush Mike. That's why you're not Valedictorian. Your speech will be epic Jess" I say, she shoots me a smile. "Epic? It's going to change lives!" Angela says, high giving Jess with a grin. Alice slides between me and Jasper and I huff. "I wish people would stop stealing my pillows!" I say, and stand up. I lean against Emmett instead and he pats Nicky's head. "Carlisle might think you've replaced him" Rose says with a grin. "Nah" I wave my hand. "Carlisle can be my pillow when he gets home from work" I say. Alice sighs "I've decided to throw a party" She says. Bella and I groan in unison "Another one?" Bella asks, I frown "Yeah. Remember what happened last time" I mutter. Alice grins "It'll be fun!" She exclaims. "Wait. A party? At your house? I've never seen your house" Jess says, "No ones ever seen their house." Eric says. I watch as Alice appears to go into a daze and narrow my eyes at her. I glance at Edward and notice the worry flicker across his face. I knew exactly who Alice was seeing. "Hey Angela" Bella says, distracting everyone from Alice. She meets my eyes, "Victoria?" I mouth, barely catching the tiny nod. I pull my phone out of my pocket and fire off a quick message. My phone rings in my hand a few seconds later and I answer it. "Hell-o!" I say, standing up, and swinging Nicky onto my hip. "How are you?" Carlisle asks, I hold the phone between my ear and shoulder and grab Lara's car seat. "Bored. I see why I left" I say, walking towards the doors. "Do you want me to clock off? I can come and pick you up?" He offers. I smile as I reach outside. "How long have you been waiting there?" I ask, noticing him leaning against his Mercedes. "Not too long." He says. I pull the phone away from my ear and close it and walk towards him. He smiles and takes Lara's car seat from me, and secures it in the backseat. He takes Nicky from me and puts him in his car seat. I smile after he closes the door and turns to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me against his chest. He goes in for a kiss but I press my hand to his mouth. "No more leaving?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, "Never" He mutters, I wrap my arms around his neck. "Then you can kiss me" I say, a small smile forming on my face. His lips press hard against mine, in a bruising kiss, he pulls away too soon. "I've missed you" He says. I smile sweetly, "I had to find some way to punish you" I say, walking around the car and opening the door. "Consider me punished" He says, a happy smile on his face, climbing Into the drivers seat.