27

Bella's bikes were ready, it had taken a few weeks and I had dropped Lara and Nicky off with Sue, I had decided to take the offer of maternity leave. I stood next to Jake as he showed Bella how to work the bike. I wasn't going to tell them, but uncle Billy had had me on a bike when I was twelve, so I was pretty good. I watch as she releases the clutch too quickly and the bike shoots forward. I roll my eyes, "Release it slowly Bella" I say, crossing my arms and leaning against the other bike. She does and starts to drive away, fast. "Slow down!" Jacob yells after her, "What is she looking at?" I ask, when I notice Bella keeps looking around. I watch as she wobbles on the bike and goes flying off of it, I hear the noise her head makes against the stone "Bella!" Jake and I yell simultaneously. He leaps on the other bike and starts it up, tearing off towards Bella. I take off at a run towards them and reach them just as Jacob pulls off his shirt and presses it to her head. "You're beautiful" She says, eyeing Jake's chest, Jacob chuckles "How hard did you hit your head?" He asks, I roll my eyes "Slow down he said!" I say throwing my hands up in the air. I kneel down next to her and look in her eyes, "Are you feeling tired?" I ask, she shakes her head with a wince, "No. I want to go again" She says. I glare at her "Over my dead body, you're going home" I snap. She sighs "Do you want to see a movie tonight?" She asks Jake, He raises an eyebrow, and helps her to her feet. "What movie?" He asks, Bella shrugs "That new action movie" She mutters, I grin and bounce on the balls of my feet, as Jake gets on the bike. Bella climbs on behind him and I get on the other. "You know how to drive?" She asks, Jacob laughs and I shake my head at him. Bella looks between us in confusion. I grin at her and drive the bike back towards her truck. I drive the bike up the ramp Jake set up and sit with the bikes on the bed of the truck while Jake and Bella get in the cab. We had been driving for about five minutes when I saw Sam and Paul throw Jared from the cliff. Bella slams on the brakes and jumps out of the jeep, "Did you see that?" She asks, staring at the cliffs. I laugh and so does Jake, "They're cliff jumping" I say, standing on the back of the truck. "Yeah, its a total rush. Most of us jump from lower down. The only people crazy enough to jump from the top are Sam and his disciples, and Marissa" He says. Bella looks at me then back to the cliff "Is that Embry?" She asks, Jake nods tensing up. "Yeah, one minute he hated Sam...and now he's following him around like a lost puppy" He says. I snort neither of them realised how close that was to the truth. I cup my hand around my mouth as Paul jumps, "YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT SAM!!" I yell. His head snaps towards me and he salutes before swan diving into the sea, causing barely a ripple. I wait until his head pokes out of the water and cheer, Bella and Jake get back in the truck, I continue to cheer as she drives away and wave until the wolves are out of sight.

I perch Lara against my chest as Nicky runs towards my jeep on his tiny legs. I chuckle and put Lara in her Car seat. "Alright little man!" I say, chasing him, He shrieks and runs away from me. I laugh .and scoop him up into my arms, he giggles and I blow raspberries on his stomach and he pushes my head away laughing. I smile and sit him on my hip, "Were you good for Aunty Sue?" I ask and he nods his head. Sue smiles and hands me a Tupperware box of cookies. I grin and hug her and toss the box of cookies in between both car seats, I strap Nicky into his seat and close the door behind me. I get into the drivers seat and drive back towards my house. My phone starts ringing halfway through the drive so I pull over and answer it, keeping an eye on the kids. "Hello?" I ask, holding the phone to my ear. I notice Nicky opening the box and pulling out two cookies, I chuckle as he tries to get Lara to eat one. "Hello?" I ask again, Lara starts to cry and I groan, and turn in my seat, "Nicky, Lara can't eat cookies. She's too little" I say, taking the box and the spare cookie from him. "Mama!" Nicky whines reaching for the box, I shake my head "No. You know the rules. One a day" I say, dropping the box on the passenger seat. I pull the phone away from my ear and frown at the unknown number. "I don't know who this is, but if you're not going to say anything then fuck off" I snap, reaching the end of my patience, Lara was still crying and I sigh and end the call. I start the car up again and start driving. I pull up outside my house and carry the kids inside. I put Lara in her bouncer and sit her in front of the TV. I still hadn't got around to repairing Carlisle's books. I run upstairs and carry them down and set them on the coffee table, I also hadn't set up Lara's nursery yet, but I would get around to that, she slept in a bassinet in my bedroom. I stare at the books and sigh, and start to repair them.

I place the last repaired book on the coffee table and wake Lara up for her dinner. I mix up the formula and pick her up, I test the heat and tease her lower lip with the teat, she suckles the milk down too quickly so I pull the teat from her mouth, She had to drink slower or she would spit it up. She suckles slowly, blinking up at me. I smile and Nicky lays his head in my lap and sticks his thumb in his mouth, watching the cartoons on the TV. I stroke his soft downy hair and smile at both of them. I pull my laptop closer to me, It had been a few weeks since I had spoken to Rose, so I tap her icon on skype and wait for it to connect. Her face appears on the screen and she holds her finger to her lips, looking at something behind the screen. "Rosalie? What's going on?" I hear a very familiar voice ask. My heart thumps and I shake my head, "Nothing Carlisle, I'm just surfing the web" She says, I smile gratefully and she notices the baby in my arms, her eyes widen and she opens her mouth when I notice Carlisle moving towards her in the background. I quickly hit end call and dial her number instead. "Hey" She says, answering on the third ring. "Are you alone?" I whisper, knowing she could hear me. "I'm on the roof. Carlisle isn't here. What's her name?" I smile and look down at Lara who finishes her milk, "Lara." I say, sitting her forward and grabbing the burping cloth. "Nicky loves her" I say, smiling as his eyes droop. "I'm glad." Rose says, There's a long pause and I hear her sigh "I have to go. Carlisle is already suspicious" She mutters, "That's alright, I'll talk to you some other time" I say and end the call. Lara burps loudly, some spit up falling out of her mouth, I wipe it away and give her her pacifier and rock her until she falls asleep. I peer down at Nicky and notice that he is also asleep. I relax against the cushions and let my own tiredness catch up to me.

I wake up with a start when a bright light flashes in my face and glare at the perpetrator. "Sorry, you just looked so peaceful" Bella says, shrugging sheepishly. I yawn and groan at my dead arm. "What time is it?" I ask, setting Lara against the cushions. I roll Nicky into my arms and his head lolls back, "Oh. It's eleven, sorry. But I think somethings wrong with Jake" She says, gently picking Lara up and following me upstairs, I flick the light on in Nicky's room and change his diaper and put him in a sleep suit before laying him in his crib and covering him with a blanket. I flick the light off and walk through to my bedroom, I change Lara's diaper and put her In the bassinet. I close my bedroom door and follow Bella down to the kitchen, "What do you mean?" I ask, filling a glass with Whiskey, I had her the second one and she wrinkles her nose, "I'm only eighteen, Rissa" She says, I roll my eyes "I was only a year older than you when I got drunk and fell pregnant" I say, throwing the liquid back. She sips it and coughs, I sigh "Oh you poor innocent soul" I mutter, grabbing her glass and drinking that too. "Now tell me. What's going on with Jakey?" I ask, she sighs and bites her nail, "He got really angry at Mike, and he was burning up" She says. I nod my head, sounded like he was starting to shift. Which I didn't understand, I sigh softly and touch her arm "Don't worry about it. Now go home before Charlie thinks you've disappeared again" I say, leading her to the front door. "Be careful" I say, practically shoving her out of the door. I close it behind her and grab my phone, "Uncle Billy. Is Jake..." I trail off watching as Bella reverses out of my driveway. "Yes" Billy says, I sigh and nod my head, even though he can't see. "Alright, thanks Uncle Billy" I mutter, ending the call. I drop my phone on the table and walk upstairs and collapse on my bed. Drifting off to sleep was easy.