29

"Remember the Quileute legends, what does that mean?" Bella asks feeding Lara, I sigh and throw my legs over the back of the sofa. She had arrived in a tizzy, saying Jacob had scaled the side of her house last night, going on about secrets. I knew what he was hinting at, but I had promised Billy that I wouldn't tell her. I play peekaboo with Nicky who laughs every time he sees my face. He covers his own and almost falls off my stomach, I catch him with a chuckle and he rests his head on my chest, and puts his thumb in his mouth, Bella places the now empty bottle down and starts to burp Lara. "Urgh! Why does everything have to be so hard!" She groans, I sigh and meet her eyes "That life. Full of hardships" I mutter, Bella looks stricken and sits next to me " I'm sorry Rissa. I've been so focused on myself that I haven't thought about how you feel" She says, I smile at her and sit up "I'm fine Izzy, I've have these two to keep me occupied" I say, judging Nicky. He lifts his head and gives me a grin "I.wuv oo Mama" He says, before resting his head on my chest, I smile "I love you too, Little man" I say, stroking his hair. Bella smiles and I sit up and look at her "We all have different coping mechanisms, mine just differs from yours, I try not to think about it" I say, shrugging. "You build bikes and crack your head on stones" I say, Bella laughs and shoves me. I laugh with her and sit normally on the sofa, Bella hands Lara to me and she snuggles into my neck, her tiny fists curling in my hair. "I'm going over there" She says, Stirling out of my house. I follow her and watch as she jumps into her truck and tears out of my driveway, I curse and secure Nicky and Lara into their car seats and follow her at a distance.

I pull up at Billy's just as Bella storms out and storms towards the pack. I groan and get out of my jeep and jog to catch up to her. "What dis you do to him?!" She yells, I roll my eyes when Paul and Embry laugh, Jared stands next to Sam, "Why what did he tell you?" Paul asks, stepping forward, Sam stops him from moving forward with a hand. "Nothing! Because he's scared of you!" She yells, I catch up and grab her arm, "He's scared of us?" Paul laughs again and Bella reaches out and smacks him hard across the face. "Paul calm down" Sam says, I groan as Paul starts to shake. "Bella get back now!" Sam snaps. I grab her arm and drag her back, Paul suddenly shifts and Bella starts to run. "Bella!" Jake yells leaping over the railing. "Jake run!" Bella yells. Jake takes off running towards her and leaps over the stream, shifting in mid air, Bella stumbles and falls in shock. I roll my eyes as Jake attacks Paul, both of them rolling into the woods, "Take her to Emily's" Sam says, I sigh and follow him into the woods, to see Jake and Paul still growling and snapping at each other. I use the air to separate them and hang them upside down. "Shift. Now." I growl at both of them, Sam looks at me in surprise, the wolves ignore me and continue growling at each other, "I SWEAR to god if the two of you don't shift back right now I will boil your blood and set fire to your balls!" I snap, Both wolves snap their heads to me, and shift back into human, I avert my eyes and let the air restraints drop them to the ground, I hear a rustling and Paul comes out of the bushes first, "Would you really have set fire to my balls?" He asks, I smirk wickedly nd don't answer him, instead walking back to my jeep. I stop by the Jeep and help Nicky out who runs straight to Sam, "Uncle Sam!" He lisps, stumbling and falling head over heels, Sam scoops him up and sits him on his shoulder, "Come on Little wolf. Aunt Emily has Muffins!" He says, walking in the direction on Emily Young's house. I pick Lara up and follow them.

I walk in before after Sam and smile at Emily, who tossed me a muffin. I groan softly when I eat it and grin at her "You have Aunt Sue's skill" I say, Emily laughs "You say that every time" She says, I shrug "It's true" I say, spraying crumbs everywhere. She chuckles and takes Lara from me and makes funny faces at her. I finish my muffin and toss the rubbish in the bin. I walk outside and settle on the grass, I stretch my legs first, until I can do the splits easily, then I stretch my arms and back. "Can you do a back flip?" Embry asks, chewing on a muffin, Jared grins and sits on the steps. I shrug and get to my feet, "It's been a while" I mutter, I close my eyes and do a back walk over. "That wasn't a back flip!" Jared pouts and I roll my eyes, I take off running and do a front walk over follwed by two fast back walkovers amd finishing with a back flip. Jared and Embry cheer and I stretch out my limbs again, and slump down next to them. I sigh heavily and look out over the trees, "What's on your mind?" Embry asks, elbowing me in the ribs. I smile and look around "I'm just tired. Even though I dont have work is to much to ask for ten minutes and a bottle of scotch?" I mutter, Jared laughs "I didn't take you for a drinker?" He says, I roll my eyes "How do you think Adam and I fell pregnant?" I ask, Embry laughs "You just got told!" He says, Jared wraps his arm around Embry's neck and drags his knuckles over his skull. "Emily and I will babysit. You should take Leah out" Sam says, I raise an eyebrow "To help her get over you?" I ask, he looks stricken and I sigh "I'm sorry Sam. I know its not your fault. I'll ask her" I say, he nods his head and I send Leah a quick text. I get a reply quickly, 'Meet me at the beach! I'll bring the Alcohol' I chuckle and stand up, "Their bags are in the trunk of my jeep. Under NO circumstances does anyone even think about driving it" I say and start jogging towards the beach.

I spot Leah sitting on the sand and throw myself down next to her, She smiles, swiping her long black hair out of her face. I smile and she hands me a bottle, I twist the cap off and pour the cool liquid down my throat. She pulls a pair of scissors from her pocket, "I want you to cut my hair" She says, I raise an eyebrow "Are you sure?" I ask, She grabs the bottle and downs half of the whiskey then wipes her mouth, "Oh hell yes" She says, turning her back on me. I sigh and cut her hair to her shoulders, I trim the ends so that its slightly longer at the sides and shorter at the back. I brush the stray hairs off of her shoulders and she reaches a hand up and clenches her fist in her hair. "Oh wow. It's so short" She mutters. I grin and tie the ends of her severed hair together and plait it. She smiles at me and take the thick rope of hair. "I'll have to give this to my dad. He always keeps my hair clippings" She says, I laugh and look at the long plait, "Hardly clippings Leah" I say, she bursts into laughter and hits me with the hair. I grab the bottle and down the rest and get to my feet and peel my shirt off. "What are you doing?" Leah asks, when I toss it to the ground and pull off my jeans. I swipe my hair out of my face, "Skinny dipping!" I say, running/stumbling towards the water, "It's not skinny dipping unless you're naked!" She yells after me. I spin and see her stripping down to her underwear. I grin and dive into the water, the cold clearing my head a little. I poke my head out of the surf and see Leah Bellyflop the waves. I laugh as she comes back up coughing and spluttering with laughter. We laugh until I can't keep myself upright, Leah throws an arm around my shoulders, I smile and we both relax, floating on the waves.