38

I roll my eyes as Edward gets the tent ready quickly and cross my arms, huddling into my thick jacket. I use my Magick to melt the snow around me and create a warm breeze. I sit on a rock, watching as my breath swirls out in front of me. I pile some sticks in front of me and set them on fire. I feel arms wraps around me and throw an arm around Bella and sit her in my place in front of the flames. I pull my jacket off because I was starting to sweat and wrap it around Bella, to heat her up a little more. "Hey, Jake! How does steak sound?" I call out. He drops next to me with a grin and I drop two large steaks into the flames, using air to stop them from getting Ash or other muck on them. They sizzle and Jake grins, rubbing his hand together. I grab two paper plates, and hand Bella a Tupperware tub. She opens it and smiles at me. I had made her a large salad with dressing. I turn the steaks over and let them cook on the other side,before holding out the plate. A steak drops onto each, and I throw tub of spicy BBQ chicken drumsticks into the flames. Jake eats his steak, with his hands and I roll my eyes. I cut mine into strips and eat it like that. It was really good. Tender and juicy, with just a little blood in the meat. Medium rare. I eat it slowly, savouring the flavour. I place the chicken on the two plates and Bella stares at them. "Can I have one? I'm freezing" She manages to spit out through chattering teeth. I nod and hold the plate out to her. I take one and bite into the piping hot chicken. I let out a soft groan and smile as the sun goes down. "Alright, c'mon Izzy, lets get some sleep" I say, grabbing her hand and pushing her into the tent. She trips and flies headlong into the canvas. I crawl into my separate sleeping bag and sigh, "Do you remember the last time we did this?" I ask. Bella lets out a laugh, "Yeah. We toasted marshmallows and cuddled up together, Mom sang us to sleep. I miss those times" She whispers the last part. I sigh heavily "Yeah, I realised a few years after you guys left that you wouldn't be coming back." I mutter, Bella shifts in her sleeping bag, facing me. "I'm sorry" She mutters. I shake my head and take her hand "Don't be. I chose to stay with Dad. I was Selfish, I didn't want to move. I love it here" I mutter. Bella nods her head, "I always did hate Forks" She mutters, I laugh and shake my head "Not when you were little. You hated Forks because Mom hated Forks." I say. She stays silent, seeming to come to a sort of realisation. "I do love it here. And not just because of Edward. What you said about me being Selfish...You're right." She says, I shake my head and open my mouth but she shushes me. "No. You said that you were fine after the accident and I just took your word for it. You obviously weren't fine. And when the Cullens left I didn't think about how you were feeling. I wallowed in my own self misery, you look after everyone around you, but you never look after yourself." She says, my mouth drops open. "I do look after myself." I Protest, shoving her shoulder gently. She shakes her head "Really? You throw yourself into your work when something bothers you, you're the suffer in silence type. Just like Dad" She says, I frown and roll over onto my back, "So are you" I say, she chuckles and nods her head, "We're a right pair" She mutters, I chuckle and snuggle into my sleeping bag. "Goodnight Bella" I mutter, she smiles "Sleep tight." She mutters. I hear the zipper open and feel a draft of cold air as Edward climbs into the tent. I drift off to sleep quickly, wishing I could text Sue to see how the kids were.

When I woke up I had somehow wrapped my arms tightly around Jacobs neck. I think i might've strangled him. I groan and roll away from the human furnace and he laughs "Finally decided to let me go, have you?" He asks, I roll my eyes at him, "Shut up! I snap. I look around "Where's Bella?" I ask, he sighs "Outside. With the bloodsucker" He mutters. I sit up, "Im really sorry about last night. It couldnt have been easy on you" I hear Bella says to Edward.

"Definitely wont make my list of top ten favorite evenings." He mutters, "You have a list?" Bella asks, Jake tenses and I frown, Edward was going somewhere with this but I didn't know where. "All ten I spent with you. Number one is when you said youd marry me, Mrs. Cullen." My breath stops, "Oh holy shit!" I exclaim quietly, Jake unzips the tent, and I grab his arm "Jake..." He shakes me off and I sigh,

"This is the twenty first century, at least I wont forget my name." Bella says, Jacob stalks towards them and I stick my head out of the tent. "Youre marrying him?" Jake asks, Bella pales "Jake, I.. " She trails off and turns to Edward, "You knew he was listening." She snaps, Edward sighs "He deserves to know." He says quietly. "Jake, stop!" She calls out, taking a step to chase after him. "Bella, let him" He reaches out to stop her from going after Jake. "Dont!" She growls and marches after the Wolf. I sit my head on my hands, "You couldn't have waited until after the battle to let him know?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him. I sigh heavily and climb out of the tent, I hadn't brought a change of clothes so I was in a tank top and a pair of skinny jeans. I follow Bella and notice her and Jacob kissing on the edge of the cliff. My eyes widen and I stand still in shock, Jacob pulls away from Bella and takes off. She lets out a breath and smacks her hand against her forehead. "Oh Bella." I sigh, wrapping an arm around her and giving her a quick hug and sitting on the snow. It was cold and I was bored. I hated sitting up here, waiting. Hoping that I don't lose any of my loved ones. "Marissa!" I hear Edward say loudly. I get to my feet and run back towards them. "What's going on?" I ask, "Jacob just got there. Hes good." His features suddenly change. "What, someones hurt?" Bella asks. I look around and grab my sisters hand. "Shes close, I can hear her thoughts. Seth go. She knew we werent there when she caught my scent. She knew that youre with me." He says. I roll my eyes, "Are you going to believe me next time?" I hiss, Bella stands still "She found us." She mutters,

"Shes not alone." He says. I cough slightly and jerk my head to where I see Riley approaching. "Riley... listen to me. Victoria is just using you to distract me. She knows Ill kill you. In fact, shell be glad she didnt have to deal with you anymore." Edward placates and I roll my eyes "And if he doesn't I will" I growl, "Dont listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks." Victoria hisses, watching from a distance. "I can read her mind. So I know what she thinks of you." Edward says, tugging Bella behind him. "Hes lying." She hisses, "She only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. Thats the only thing she cares about. Not you." I say, stepping in front of Edward. Riley stops with a look of doubt on his face, "Theres only you. You know that." Victoria says softly. I snort "That's because I barbecued the last Dude" I say, she growls at me.

Riley looks relieved and keeps on walking towards us. "Think about it. Youre from Forks, you know the area. Thats the only reason she chose you. She doesnt love you. I'm a woman, I know how women work" I say, "Riley, dont let them do this to us. You know I love you." She says softly. I sigh heavily and crack my fingers, Riley looks at Victoria and then to us. "Youre dead." He says, a sinister smirk forming on his lips, just as hes about to attack Seth jumps on top of him. "You wont get a chance like this again! You want her. You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James. When I tore him to pieces, when Marissa turned him into ash, when she turned him into nothing." Edward spits. Victoria lets out a roar and charges towards him. I pull Bella back against the cliff face and keep my eyes on Victoria. "He put up a fight, Victoria!" I yell out, hoping to distract her. "I still remember the sound of his screams, He shouted for you and you weren't there!" I rainy. Riley knocks Seth backwards and the wolf lets out a yelp. I focus my Magick on Riley and he spontaneously combusts. "VICTORIA!!!" He screams loudly. Victoria glances towards him, sadness and anger etched on her face. She speeds towards me and Bella but I blow her back into a tree. "VICTORIA!!!" Riley screams again. I meet Seth's eyes and nod, I extinguish the flames and the wold leaps forward, sinking his teeth into Riley's shoulder. He drags him away and I stand next to Bella. She stares at me with wide eyes, "That...was..." I hold up a hand, cutting her off "Not now." I mutter, keeping eyes on Victoria. Riley appears from the trees and pounces on Edward. Bella clutches my hand as they start to overpower him and Billy's words ring in my head. "Bella? Do you trust me?" I ask, "With my life" She answers immediately, I smile "Good" I say, reaching down and wrapping my fingers around a sharp stone. I press it into the soft skin of her arm and drag it roughly downwards. She lets out a hiss, and clenches her jaw. Blood drips down her arm and Riley and Victoria snap their fazes to my sister. I drop the rock and use Air to pull Victoria away from Edward. "This bitch is mine!" I growl, setting her on fire. I reach forward and press my hands against her neck. "Seth! Come and help me kill the bitch that killed your Dad!" I call out. Seth growls and approaches, staying back slightly, "Don't worry, the flames won't burn you" I mutter, fighting to keep my grip on her neck. Seth tears her arm from the socket and tossed it behind him, reaching for one of her legs. I wait until his teeth sink into her cold, hard skin and pull as hard as I can, my hands burn right through her skin and I rip her head off. My fingers tightening around her red hair. Her body burns to a soldering pile of Ash and I use air to scatter them everywhere. Edward tossed a lighter onto Riley's body and I sigh and climb onto Seth's back. "Let's go." I say as Edward ties something around Bella's arm. Seth takes off through the woods and We reach the clearing.