30

The hunting rifle was heavy, I kept it pointed at the ground as I walk next to Harry, I notice a huge paw print in the muck and smirk when Harry scuffs it with his foot and winks at me, I smirk and Dad turns around to face us, "Anything?" He asks, Harry and I shake our heads simultaneously, Dad sighs and makes his way up the hill a little, I smile sheepishly at Uncle Harry, "You're not mad that I cut Leah's hair are you?" I ask, He chuckles "Leah's a grown woman, she can do as she likes" He says softly, I grin "I should shave Seth's hair!" I say, Harry chortles and shakes his head, "He would run away screaming" He says. A chill runs down my spine and I spin around, I see a flash of red out the corner of my eye and frown. Uncle Harry smiles at me and ruffles my hair, "Are you alright?" He asks, I frown and then nod, "I just thought I saw something. " I mutter, I notice that Dad and the others are way in front, and sigh softly "I really hope they don't find anything" I whisper. The chill runs down my spine again. "She's toying with me" I whisper, Uncle Harry freezes reading his gun. All of a sudden Victoria is in front of us, quick as lightening her hand wraps around Harry's throat, I shoot my hand out towards her and she is blown back, I focus on turning her into flame when she disappears. Uncle Harry grabs my arm and sinks to his knees, clutching his chest with the other. My eyes widen, "Dad! Call 911!" I yell loudly, helping uncle Harry into the recovery position. He gasps for breath, pain etched on his face. Dad skids to a halt beside us, a phone pressed to his ear, he was speaking into it, but it seemed muffled, my focus was completely on Uncle Harry, I was on complete Nurse mode, But inside there was a battle raging, I wanted to find Victoria and kill her, but I couldn't, I had to help. It was around ten minutes later that Uncle Harry was bundled into the back of an ambulance, Dad went with him and everyone was packing up the hunting gear. There was a ringing in my ears, and I knew I had to get away from everyone. I took off running in the direction of the beach, as fast as my legs could carry me.

When my feet finally hit sand I stopped to breath, I look around, tears blurring my vision and wipe them away, I notice someone standing on the top of the cliff, and squint to get a better look. I see Jacob approaching and run towards him. The figure jumps, and Jacob yells "Bella!" My heart stops and I dive into the water willing the current to take me to where she landed. I look around and notice her sinking, a red blob swims towards her and she panics, scrambling backwards, hitting her head against the cliff face. She goes limp and I look around to see that Victoria has disappeared. Again. I swim towards Bella and see Jacob swimming towards her, he pulls her to the surface and I use the water to get us back to shore. Jake immediately starts CPR and after a few minutes Bella is coughing up water, "What in the hell did you think you were doing?!" I ask, glaring at her, "Cliff jumping" she shrugs nonchalantly and I stand straight in anger, "Everyone knows that beginners don't jump from the top! And not at all in this weather! As if I'm not stressed enough! I just watched Uncle Harry have a heart attack because of that red headed bitch!" I yell, Jake touches my arm and draws it back with a sharp hiss. Sam runs out of the woods "Take her back to Charlie's I'm going to go to Sue's" He yells, my heart stops and I take off after him.

Harry had died. I had held my Dad as he cried, I kept my emotions in check until I saw Leah. She collided into me, sobbing onto my shoulder. I stroke her hair and rock from side to side, It calmed Nicky and Lara so it should calm her. Tears fell down my cheeks, and Sue approaches us, and wraps her arms around both of us. Leah turns into her mothers chest, I squeeze Sue before pulling away. Dad picks up his hat and wraps an arm around my shoulders, and leads me out to his cruiser. I was tired, twice Victoria had gotten out of my grasp today. I climb into the passenger seat and close the door and lean my head against the window. I close my eyes to keep the tears at bay, and open them when Charlie stops the car. I frown when I see Jacob pacing furiously muttering to himself. I get out of the car and rush up to him. "What's wrong?" I ask, he stops pacing "She went to Italy" he sneers, "To save that Leach" he spit. "Whoa Jake, calm down. He doesn't know, remember" I hiss the last part quietly. Charlie climbs out of the vehicle and approaches us. "Bella has gone to Italy" I say, and take the note from Bella out of Jacobs hand. I hand it to my father, "Excuse me, I have to be alone right now" I mutter and start walking away, Charlie doesn't protest, because in this matter we are the same, we both prefer to deal with our emotions alone. I don't stop until I reach my house and climb in my jeep. I start the engine and back out of my driveway slowly. I don't stop driving until I reach the Cullens house.

The lights are all on, I clutch the steering wheel tightly and take a deep breath and get out of the car. I slip the keys in my pocket and approach the house. It open when I reach my hand out to knock and Emmett pulls me into a tight hug, "I missed you!" He says like an over excited child. I chuckle and hug him back "I missed you too" I say, Rosalie grins and tugs me away from Emmett, "Not as much as you missed me, I hope?" She laughs I smile and hug her tightly, Esme joins the hug and sighs happily. I pull away from both of them. I blink back tears, Jasper lays a hand on my shoulders "You should let it out" He says, I shake my head "No. Do it. Have a good old fashioned hissy fit. You know you want to." He says, I smack his arm, "I do not have hissy fits!" I say. I take a deep breath "Alright. What the hell is going on?" I ask, "Alice had vision of Bella jumping off of a cliff, and I told Edward. He called Charlie and Someone answered and said he couldn't come to the phone because he was planning a funeral. Edward went to the Volturi to kill himself and Bella went to save him" Rose summons it up. I slump into a chair and rest my arms on my elbows "I'm so tired" I mutter. Pressing at my temples, "She killed Harry, and she got away, she almost got Bella, but she got away then too. On top of being at my Uncle's side while he has a heart a attack, I also had to watch my little sister throw herself from a cliff, have to be resuscitated, just call it cliff diving. And now she's off to Italy, to face the rulers of the vampires where she will most likely be killed because humans are not supposed to know about you." I say it matter of factly. "For god sake! Why didn't Edward call me?!" I ask loudly, "Surely I was the better one to call than Charlie?" I say, throwing my hands in the air. I slump back onto the sofa, irritation sleeping into my core. I knew he was here. I could feel it. I cross my arms and my legs and glare at the staircase. "Why don't you guys go and hunt." I say, clenching my jaw. They all nod and disappear out of the house and into the woods.

"Are you just going to avoid me again Carlisle. Because I can do that, I would just rather you let me know." I say coldly. He appears at the top of the stairs and walks down. I watch him as he comes to stand in front of me, the shock of seeing him in person was not what I had expected. "I wasn't sure if you'd want to see me or not" He says quietly. I stand up and smack his chest, ignoring the sharp pain that shoots through my wrist, "You left without saying goodbye! I think I deserve an explanation. Seeing as I only found out when Bella went missing" I spit the last part sarcastically. "There's nothing I can say that can explain my actions." He says tightly, I sigh softly and turn away from him "You called me" I say, looking out of the window, watching his reflection on the large glass windows. "I wanted to hear your voice" He says quietly. "That's why you didn't hang up when I called you" I mutter. He nods, and I lean my head against the window, "You cleaned up my Office" he says, "What makes you think it was me?" I ask, without moving. I see a small smile tug at his lips, "You took the photo" He says, I turn to face him and meet his eyes, a feeling of peace settles over me and I smile softly "It's a good photo" I say. I walk towards him and wrap my arms around his neck, I rest my head on his shoulder. His arms snake around me and pull me tighter against him and he hurts his face in my neck. "I don't know how to function without you. I don't know how I was able to manage it before I came to forks." He whispers, I hold him tighter "Well As you probably heard I've had alot of thing to keep me occupied" A tear falls down my face and falls onto my hair. Carlisle sighs "I'm sorry I left you alone to deal with all it" He mutters. I pull back, enjoying the comfort his embrace gave. "You're back now." I say, he smiles and cradles my face gently, his lips capture mine in a long slow kiss. I sigh softly,and rest my head against his shoulder when I pull away to catch my breath. "I need to sleep" I mutter, yawning. He nods and tugs me towards the sofa. He stretches out and I nestle between the back of the sofa and Carlisle's side. His arm curls around my waist and his other hand plays with a strand of my hair and I quickly fall asleep.