20

I finish curling Bella's hair and place the curling iron down. I examine her makeup and grab the clear lip gloss and dab it on her lips. She smiles at me and I grin as I look down at her dress. "You look Gorgeous, Izzy. Edward won't know what hit him" I say, She smiles and pulls her sneakers onto her feet. "The cast doesn't ruin it, does it?" She asks, looking down at her broken leg. I shake my head "Nope. Now get down there" I say, herding her out of her room. I help her downstairs and grin at the dumbstruck look on Edwards face, and the shock on Charlie's. "Wow...Bells...you look..." Dad trails off, and I laugh "Don't worry. He had the same reaction when I had my prom" I say to Bella and grab my keys. Esme was babysitting Nicky while I was at work. "Look after her" I say to Edward, and walk towards my jeep. I climb into the seat and start the engine. My phone pings and I check the message and roll my eyes, and drop the phone on the passenger seat. I pull out of Charlie's driveway and drive towards the hospital. I turn the radio up, dancing in my seat to the beat as I drive. I pull into my usual parking space and continue my dance until the song ends, and turn the engine off. My door opens suddenly and I jump and throw the first thing my hand closes around. Which just happened to be my phone. "Do you make a habit of throwing your phone at people?" Carlisle asks, handing the device back to me. I grin and tuck it into my pocket, "Only you!" I say patting his cheek and jumping out of my jeep. He closes the door and I lock the jeep up. He shakes his head at me with a soft smile. I grin "And plus. It's safer to throw a mobile than a fireball" I shrug and he chuckles, and rests his hand on my back, "I prefer the Mobile" He says, holding the door for me. I smile and sign in at the reception and take the chart that the receptionist hands to me. I read it and sigh, "I'll see you later" I mutter. Carlisle nods and signs in himself. I walk to the delivery room and smile softly at the patient on the bed. "Hello Kim" I say, taking a hospital gown from a peg. It was clean, I hand it to her with a smile, not commenting on the bruises on her face or arms. I help her out of the bed and she struggles to pull her shirt off. "Um...can you help?" She asks sheepishly, I smile and help her pull the shirt over her head. She pulls the gown on quickly, but I still notice the bruises and shimmy's her leggings down her legs. "How are you doing?" I ask, She frowns at me "I'm fine" She mutters. I nod my head and check how dilated she is. "You waited a long time before you came in" I say, noticing that she is already at nine centimetres. She doesn't answer, "How long before I can get it out?" she asks, I bite back a sarcastic remark at the tone of her voice and smile sweetly, "Not much longer now" I mutter, she sighs and crosses her arms, looking displeased. I sigh and check her again, "Alright...You can push on the next contraction" I say, studying the monitor. I wait until I notice the spike and turn to her "Alright, Push" I say, she pushes as I count to ten. Kim had already had three children, so I knew that this would be relatively quick. I sigh softly "and again" I say, She pushes and the baby crowns. "One more" I say, I help ease the baby out, and quickly suction its mouth. It lets out a rasping cry and I clamp and cut the cord. "You have a healthy baby girl, Kim" I say, handing it over to the paediatrician. She rolls her eyes, "I know what it is. Jesus" She mutters sarcastically. I make eye contact with the Doctor and roll my eyes. I collect the afterbirth, and check that its all there, before disposing of it. I walk out of the room and bang my head against the wall. "Rissa? Are you alright?" Rosalie asks, appearing at my elbow. I jump, and rest my hand against my heart. "You scared the shit out of me!" I say, She chuckles "Is there a reason that you're banging your head against the wall?" She asks, I roll my eyes "Just people that have babies but don't want them. It annoys me" I mutter, Rose smiles sadly "Me too" She mutters, Resting a hand on my arm, I check the time on my pager and sigh, my shift was over, She smiles "Do you want to come with me?" She asks, I smile and follow her to the children's ward.

She opens the door and grins at the children. They grin back and each shout a variation of her name. "This is my friend Marissa, She works here, she helps all the new little babies come into the world" Rose says, one of the children walk over to me and takes my hand, "Are you going to read a story?" He asks, I crouch down to his height "I think Rose will read. I just came to say hello" I say, ruffling his blonde hair. He grins and grabs a book and takes it over to Rose. She sits on a bean bag and starts to read. The door to the ward opens and Carlisle pokes his head in. "I thought I might find you here" He says softly, smiling at the sight of Rose. I walk towards him and leave the ward, he smiles at me. "How are you?" He asks, resting his hand on the small of my back. I sigh heavily "Bored" I mutter. He chuckles "You get bored easily" He says, I nod "I know. It's terrible!" I huff overdramatically. A thought pops into my head and I start running. "Marissa?" I hear him call after me. "Come on sloe poke!" I yell back, dodging past an old lady in a wheelchair. I hear him laugh behind me, and a grin covers my face. I shriek when I am lifted into the air, "Put me down!" I laugh, he shakes his head and walks towards the revolving doors. "Carlisle! Put...me...down!" I gasp, I couldn't stop laughing, and his hand on my ribs didn't help. "Are you ticklish, Marissa?" He asks, a smirk on his face. I smack his shoulder "No!" I say he chuckles and moves his fingers, sending me into a fit of giggles. I grab his hand. "Ok! Ok! I give up!" I shriek. The cool air makes my hair flutter and he places me down. I double over until my laughter fades away, and catch my breath. He smiles and takes a step closer once I straighten up, his hand moves to my jaw and he cups it gently. I smile softly as he takes a step closer "What are you doing?" I ask, smirking as his eyes flicker between my lips and eyes, "I think you know" He mutters hoarsely, before his mouth is on mine. I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him closer, he tilts my head slightly, nipping my bottom lip with his teeth, I gasp and his tongue flicks against mine, drawing a soft groan from my throat. He presses me back against the jeep, and I shiver, wrapping his hair around my fingers and tugging. He retaliates by nipping my lip again, he pulls away and rests his head on my shoulder. His hands gripping my waist, He takes a deep breath and pulls away, "I'll see you tomorrow" He says, pressing a kiss against my temple. I smile and nods, unlocking my jeep and climbing into the drivers seat. He knocks on the window and I roll it down. He reaches up and grabs the back of my neck and presses another kiss to my lips. "Drive safely" He mutters, pulling away after tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I smile at him "I always do" I say, putting the jeep into drive and reversing out of the parking space. I drive away, and check in the rear view mirror and notice him watching the car as I leave. I chuckle to myself and steer the car to my house.