2

I woke to the smell of Coffee drifting into the living room from the kitchen. I stretch out on the sofa, and yawn. Charlie comes out of the kitchen with two steaming mugs in his hands. I grin and take mine from him. I blow on the liquid and sip it slowly. "What time is Izzy's plane getting in?" I ask my dad, standing up with my mug, "An hour, so get changed and meet me in the car" He says gruffly. I smile and finish my Coffee and go to my bedroom to change quickly. I leave my hair loose and grab my bag. I run downstairs and out of the front door. I throw myself into the back seat of Charlie's cruiser. You're probably wondering why I am here and Bella isn't. Easy explanation. I was five when Mom and Dad had Bella, and I loved them all more than anything. When Bella was around 8 I noticed how flighty my Mom was. The arguments between her and Charlie became more and more frequent. Mom wanted to travel, but Dad thought that that would u settle Bella and I. So eventually she packed up her things and asked Bella and I who would like to go with her. I was a young teenager at the time, I liked my school, my friends, and the small town where everyone knew each other. I remember when she said goodbye to me, she was devastated but she understood that I didn't want to uproot my whole life. I was upset too, I didn't understand why she couldn't just stay. Anyway, Mom used to bring Bella here every summer and winter, she'd even spend Christmas with us. Then Bella stopped coming to Forks, so Charlie and I went to Phoenix every summer, and winter. I hated that, but putting up with the heat, and sun, was worth it, because I love spending time with my Mom. I honestly think I spent most of my time at the Clearwaters, Uncle Harry makes the BEST fish fry. Aunt Sue is like my mother, and i would possibly kill for her chocolate chip cookies. Anyway, back to the present. Bella was moving to Forks, her plane would land in half an hour, and Dad and I are waiting in silence. "So why is Bella moving here again?" I ask, leaning forward from the back seat, "Your Mom wants to travel with her new husband" He says, I tilt my head back, "Ah, Phil. Baseball" I say, remembering him from my mothers wedding. He nods, and I ruffle his hair. "Don't worry, Pop, I'm sure you'll catch a lovely young woman's eye!" I say with a grin. He rolls his eyes and taps his fingers on the steering wheel. I check my watch and sigh, "C'mon Dad, let's wait in the terminal!" I say, and try to open the back door. It's locked. "Don't you ever turn the Child lock off?" I moan, tugging at the handle, He smirks a little, and gets out of the cruiser, opening my door while he does so. I grin and jump out of the car, and start walking into the airport.

I sit still in place until I see the familiar figure walking towards us. I jump out of my seat, and run towards her, "Izzy!" I yell and throw my arms around her, She grunts but hugs me back, "Hey, Marissa" She says, and then wraps an arm around Dad, "Hey dad" She says, pulling away from him. He smiles at her, "Hey Bells" He mutters and takes her bags. I throw an arm around Bella's waist, "I haven't seen you in forever!" I say, "You saw me at the wedding" She points out. I roll my eyes, "Two days, Izzy. Now you get to spend lots of time with me!" I say, she chuckles "When I'm not at school" She mutters, I grin "And when I'm off Shift!" I say, as Charlie opens the trunk of his car. "I still think we should've taken my jeep!" I say to Dad, and he chuckles, "You don't let anyone drive your baby" He says, and opens my door for me, I go to get in when I feel Charlie's hand on the back of my neck "I'm not a criminal!" I say waving my hand at him. He chuckles and gets into the drivers seat.

The drive was mostly silent. I was enjoying listening to Dad and Bella's attempts at conversation. It was so awkward it was funny. When we got home, Bella opened my door for me. I grin and run to the front door, "Prepare to be amazed Izzy! The house hasn't changed a bit!" I say, and shove the key into the lock. I run upstairs and throw my jacket onto my bed, I close my bedroom door behind me, and go to the end of the hall, where Bella's room is. I see her and Charlie already in there, "The room is fine" She protests, "Really I like it" She says, I grin "Good, cause Sue and I decorated" I say, leaning against the door. She smiles at me and runs her finger tips along the purple bed spread. "Sue?" She asks, "Clearwater" I say, she nods "She makes those amazing chocolate chip Cookies, doesn't she?" She asks, I grin "And the sugar spice cookies! She only makes those at Christmas" I say, and move to Bella's window seat. I look out of the window as Charlie leaves her to get unpacked. I help Bella start to unpack when there is a loud tooting from outside. I peer out of the window and grab Bella's wrist. I pull her downstairs and outside. I let go of her wrist and lean against the back of Billy's wheelchair. I take a deep breath in through my nose and grin. "Hello uncle Billy, Is it just me or can you smell Uncle Harry's fish fry?" I ask, He grins and and pulls the largest package from his lap. "Harry says you're a growing girl!" He says and hands it to me. I grin and tear into the paper. "Oh this smells good!" I say, and break a piece off, and throw it in my mouth. I smile and wrap it up, when Charlie appears with four cans of beer. I roll my eyes and walk back to my bedroom with my fish fry. I sit on my bed and grab my book from my night stand. I prop it open on my knees and read as I eat. Once I finish my fish fry, I scrunch up the paper, and toss it in the wastebasket. "Bye Rissa!" I hear Kale and Billy yell from downstairs. I place my book back and open my door, "The game over?" I yell down. "Yeah!" Jake calls out. I grin and run downstairs, I hug Billy and Jake goodbye and then walk into the kitchen. I open the fridge and wrinkle my nose, "Dad we should go shopping!" I yell. "We're going to the diner!" He says. I roll my eyes at the fridge and close it. "Let's go then!" I say, and grab my keys. He and Bella walk downstairs and I grab the other two sets of keys. "We are taking my jeep" I say, and walk out of the front door. I hear a loud insistent beeping from my bag, and fish around in it until I find my pager. I click it and groan at the message, "I have to go, Early labour alert!" I say, waving my pager in the air. Dad nods and I toss them their keys. I start my jeep and pull out of the driveway, and drive to the hospital, as fast as I could without Dad pulling me over.