22

I had just finished putting Charlie's groceries away, we had stopped at my house first to drop of mine. I grab the bag with the thing for the cake and my favourite tub of ice-cream. Alaskan Vanilla. I grab the bag and quickly make my way to his car, I climb in and he hands Nicky to me. I buckle my seat belt and settle the bag on the floor of the car at my feet. It doesn't take long to reach the Cullen home, and I hand Nicky to Carlisle as I grab the bag and make my way into the house and into the kitchen. Carlisle sets Nicky in the bouncy swing that Rose fixed onto the door. He smiles at me as I take everything out of the bags and set them on the counter. "Do you need anything?" He asks, appearing behind me, his lips brushing my ear softly, "Mixing bowls. All of them or at least five" I say, washing my hands and turning the radio on. He chuckles and places the mixing bowls on the counter. "I have some work to finish" He mutters, without moving, I laugh and lean against his chest, "I cant imagine that you know how to bake" I say, His eyes widen, "I can do alot of things" He says, his fingers tightening around my waist, I smile "Can you bake?" I ask, He shakes his head and I grin and shove him in the direction of his office. "Get your work done. I'm not going anywhere" I say, starting to measure out the ingredients. He smiles and disappears up the stairs. I turn the music up, and dance as I mix up the ingredients.

The two cakes were in the oven and I had dipped a spoon into the ice cream and eat some while I dance and make up the frosting for the cake. The cake smelled amazing, and so did the melted cooking chocolate. I dip the spoon into the ice cream and crouch down in front of Nicky who spits his pacifier out and sticks his tongue out, he slavers as he eats the frozen goodness, I pick up the pacifier and rinse it under the tap, and wipe his face with a face cloth. I spin back to the counters and mix the chocolate with cream and whip it up. I cover the top, and start making flowers from the roll out icing. My hips sway to the beat as I shape the red icing into a rose, and place it on a plate. "Smells good" Carlisle says, grabbing my hand and spinning me around, and tugging me into his chest. I chuckle "Of course it smells good. It's cake!" I say, resting one hand on his shoulder, he spins around taking me with him, as he moves. The hand not holding mine drops to my waist, and I smile as we dance. "You two look like you're having fun" An amused voice says from the door. I glance over his shoulder and notice Esme watching us with a grin. I smile back at her and laugh as Carlisle dips me and pulls me back up. I rest my head against his shoulder and notice Esme taking Nicky out of the swing. "I'm stealing your child" She says, walking out of the room, making faces at Nicky as she bounces him in her arms. "Go ahead!" I say, turning back to the icing. Carlisle follows me and I pull the cakes halfway out of the oven and use the cocktail stick to make sure that it is cooked through. I grin and set them in front of an open window to coll them down. I finish the last few icing flowers, and wash my hands again. I cover everything up and sigh "I have a while, what do I do" I say, turning to Carlisle, he leans against the counter, He shrugs, and I close my eyes and focus on the small breeze blowing in from the window. I weave the air around Carlisle and solidify it and use the air to pull him towards me. His eyes widen in surprise as he moves but he laughs as I stop him just in front of me. He wraps an arm around my waist and tugs me into his chest. I catch myself against him with my hands. "I have a few ideas" He mutters, his fingers trailing up my neck, I surge forward and press my lips against his, I wrap my fingers in his shirt and tug him backwards towards the counter. He lifts me up, and I wrap my arms around his neck, the kiss heats up, his tongue parting my lips. His hand moves from my waist to the base of my spine, pulling me tighter against him, the hand on my neck travels behind and he wraps his fingers in my hair. He tugs gently and I tilt my head back with a gasp. His lips travel down my jaw and to my ear, "I think your cakes are cool" He whispers, tugging my ear lobe with his teeth before pulling away. I huff and hop down from the counter and check the cakes. I take them out of their tins and start icing them.

I place the last flower on the cake and step back with a florish. I had enlisted Esme's help to write 'Happy Birthday Bella' on the cake with icing. Sure I could make a cake, but I couldn't write with icing to save my life. I grin at the masterpiece and jump When Alice enters, "Oh! It's perfect!" She exclaims, hugging me before going towards the living area. "There's so much to do!" I hear her say, and raise an eyebrow at Esme. She hand Nicky to me and he rubs his eyes, "Is it time for your nap?" I ask, rocking him gently, he snuffles and I make my way upstairs to Carlisle's office. I knock on the door and push it open. "What are you doing?" I ask, closing the door behind me, Nicky reaches up and grabs a strand of my hair with his chubby fist. Carlisle was sitting on the sofa, a book in hand, He stretches his arm towards me, and I sit down leaning back against his chest, Nicky moves around until he is comfortable and quickly falls asleep. His arm tightens around my waist, "I'm reading about your gift" He says, showing me the book I thought I had borrowed. I nod my head and let my eyes drift closed, Carlisle had rested his chin against the top if my head, and I could feel him press a soft kiss on my hair before I drifted off.

I could feel someone shaking me gently, and open my eyes, waiting for them to adjust in the dim light. Carlisle smiles down at me, "Edward and Bella have just arrived" He says, My eyes widen and I get to my feet slowly and stroke Nicky's face, "Wakey Wakey" I whisper, Carlisle takes my hand and leads me downstairs. My eyes widen at the sight of the decor and I look around in disbelief, "Surely all of this wasn't necessary" I say, Alice glares at me "Of course it was!" She snaps, before running upstairs to find Edward and Bella. I lean against Carlisle and Nicky holds his arms out to Rosalie. She takes him and carries him over to Emmett. Alice skips downstairs and I see Bella take in the decorations and grin, She wanted to disappear but Edward leads her downstairs, "Sorry, we tried reining Alice in" Carlisle says, hugging her warmly. I grin and throw my arms around her when he pulls away, "Like that's even Possible Happy birthday Bella" Esme laughs, hugging her when I let go of her. A flash makes me blink and Alice grins and holds up the camera "Found it in your bag. I hope you don't mind?" She says, Bella shakes her head and smiles, Emmett grins at Edward, "Dating an older woman. Hot" He says, earning an elbow in the guts. "Ok present time! Rose first!" Alice says, grabbing Rose's arm, Rose hands Bella a silver package and sighs "It's a necklace, Alice picked it out" She says. Bella nods her head and opens it and smiles. Edward pulls Bella into a side hug and Alice grins and holds up the camera "Show me the love!" She says taking a picture. She drags Bella towards the table with brightly wrapped gifts. Bella notices the cake and her eyes widen "Alice. Marissa and I are the only ones who eat cake. That could feed fifty" She mutters, My eyes widen "I made the cake. I'll take the leftovers to the rez" I say, noticing the vampires stiffen slightly. Alice grins and hands Bella a large box. "This ones from Emmett" She says, everyone circles and I stand next to Carlisle, his arm around my waist. Bella shakes the box, and unwraps it, her eyes widen at the radio box. "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system for that piece of-" Bella holds up her hand "Hey. Don't hate the truck" She says, placing it down. Alice hands her an envelope "This is from Esme and Carlisle" She says, I stand behind Bella and peer lover her shoulder, I was curious, Carlisle hadn't told me what he had got Bella. "It's a round trip ticket to see your Mom in Florida" Esme says, Bella smiles and slides her finger under the sticky part. She hisses and jerks her finger back, "Ouch" She whispers, I notice the drop of blood on her finger and my eyes widen.