——

Helena fidgeted nervously as she waited for Callie to meet her, after asking a nurse to page her 911. Once she saw the ortho resident walk down the hallway, she quickly approached her, a hand in her arm to stop her from entering the pit.

"Callie, I need your help!" She let out.

"Sorry, Lena. I got a 911 page to the pit, I'll call you when I'm done?" The woman suggested, looking up from her pager.

"N-no, I paged you, I paged you 911. There's an emergency... Mark!" She stuttered nervously, her face turning red. "Mark is the emergency."

"Wait, Mark's hurt?" Callie asked, worry in her eyes.

"Yes, no... yes! Definitely yes! He's injured, he's badly, badly injured. An injury that for some reason I have no idea how to treat..." She whispered, only blushing more. "H-he broke a... a bone?"

"A bone?" The Latina asked.

Looking around her, Helena switched to Spanish in order to hopefully not be understood by others. "Yo le rompí un hueso. EL hueso, Callie." (I broke his bone. The bone, Callie.")

A small "o" formed on the woman's lips, the panic in her own eyes mirroring Helena's. "His bone..."

At Helena's serious look, the two turned to speed walk down the hallway, attempting to get to the room as soon as possible.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish." Callie pointed out as they walked.

"W-well, I do. Also, besides English and Portuguese, Italian, French, a-and a little bit of German. Wow, I-I don't really realize how many those are until I say them out loud. I liked to learn languages at a kid, still do really, just don't have much time. Of course, moving to another country helped..." Helena started ranting incredibly fast, Callie looking at her and chuckling.

"Woah, calm down." She joked, impressed at the speed she was being talked at.

"S-sorry. I ramble when I'm nervous." The short girl let out, fidgeting as they kept walking.

——

After Mark had absolutely begged Helena not to stay with him, the girl was monitoring Jackson, who hadn't been doing well. The estimated he had less than sixteen hours to live, if they didn't find him organs.

As Helena charted by his bed, the boy's heart monitor went off, Arizona entering the room. "ICP is still way too high..."

"I've just given him hypertonic saline." Helena informed.

"When was his last Lorazepam?" The attending asked, putting her stethoscope on.

"I administered a bolus twenty minutes ago." The brunette answered quickly.

"Put him on a drip with vec and on a BIS monitor." The blond instructed, hearing the boy's heart beat. "I'll go check with UNOS again."

"We're running out of time, aren't we?" Helena asked, her voice trembling a bit.

The attending nodded, giving her a sympathetic smile. "Whatever Dr. Bailey is doing, I hope to hell she's having better luck that we are."