CHAPTER 40: Truth

Jennies POV

"What if we are not strong enough to face the obstacles? What if we won't be able to fight?"

Now it all make sense. That day, inside my library. It is all clear to me now.

Why? Why does it have to be this way?

I look around the people around me and all I can see is there sympathy for me. No shock on their faces. I look at them with so much questions written on my face.

"You knew?" No one answered. I looked at my twin sister who only look down while fidgeting her fingers.

"You all knew but no one told me?!" my voice came out a little loud and harsh than I intended it to be. I don't want it that by but the situation is different right now and it breaks me even more.

"Sweetheart, they only knew it yesterday when Lisa came by. You don't have to be mad at them." My dad told me.

"So you are admitting that she is really here." He nodded. "Where is she Dad? I need to see her. Please?" I was about to get up but regretted it when dizziness took over my head and stumbled. My mind is tired, I am emotionally tired. I was wrapped around my dad's arm supporting me to walk on the couch. Rosé handed me a glass of water. Jisoo sat beside me while caressing my arms, trying to calm my nonstop cries.

"Jennie, listen to me. You need to stop. Just let her go." My eyes darted to him, not wanting what he is saying. Every single bit of it.

"Let her go? No Dad! I would never." I protest.

"Jennie, it is her decision."

~

Mr. Jiyong's POV

Flashback ~

The people bowed as soon as they see me. I am a business tycoon and everyone knows my name. They all respected me. People see me as a very strict and intimidating person, but I don't really mind that much. Oh well that is me in business.

I stepped outside the limousine, guards accompany me to enter 78 floor building that is awaiting for me. I am here at some part of New Zealand. I didn't mention to my lovely daughters that I will visit the country, I miss them a lot. But I will miss them more once I see them. After all I just stay here for a day and will head back to Korea.

My secretary pushed the 78 button on the elevator. As waiting for the floor to arrive, I checked my emails and later on I heard the elevator door open. A few minutes of walk we reached the end of the hallway. A good looking blonde secretary welcomes us with her beautiful smile.

"Mr. Kim, Welcome to Manoban Corp." I smiled back at her. She accompany us to large mahogany two door, knock twice before I heard a voice coming inside signalling us to enter.

"Mr. Manoban, Mr. Kim is already here." The blonde signal us to enter the large modern office, same as mine. And there I saw the man I've been dying to see.

"Thank you Charlotte, Please leave us alone." The man said while elbows leaning on his wide working office table, supporting his chin.

"Carlisle." I called.

"Jiyong." He responded. There is silence between us. Not an awkward silence but an oddly a comforting one. And then we heard the door shut.

"Wazzuuupp duuddee!!hahahahaha" Carlisle started which bring me a huge smile on my face.

"Yow yow wazzup! It's good to see you pal! I haven't seen you in ages. How are you?" I replied with the same level of intensity of his happiness. We did a brotherly hug and settled on one of his over acting couches due to its size. I laugh.