As I proceeded to hit Chris again, I heard some of his sidekicks rushing to see what the commotion was about. I guess they must’ve heard my yelling and saw Chris and Dan colliding with each other.

“Do you want to hit me again?” Chris taunted, backing me up against the wall. I looked to my left and right, noticing the guys were sneering at Dan’s rugged and beaten body.

“Let her go...” Dan yelled from across us, earning a few snickers and sarcastic responses from the other guys.

Chris turned his face around, allowing me to use all my strength to punch the side exposed to me. Immediately, his whole body was removed from mine as I continued throwing hit after hit to his face. “Leave us alone.” I yelled like a crazy woman. I guess I do look like one from an outsider’s perspective, but I didn’t have time to care how I looked.

“Oh look at this. The famous Dan Cooper needs a girl to protect him.” One of the guys retorted, whilst the others snickered. I felt sick! How could they all laugh at this?

While all the guys were laughing, including Chris, I noticed Dan moving behind two of them slowly. I knew he needed a distraction so I continued my yelling, begging them to stop this torment. Once Dan kicked and punched the two of the larger guys from the group, I kicked Chris where the sun don’t shine, causing him to double over in pain.

I had no idea where this adrenaline was coming from, but I wasn’t about to question it as I saw the scrawny rat looking around, possibly to leave the scene. Inside, I smiled as I ran towards him and hit him in the face and kneed him down there. Once more, he knelt down, spitting out profanities and threats my way.

When I looked around, Dan continued to fire blow after blow towards the three guys and I was amazed at how he was able to recover from Chris’s blows so effortlessly.

I noticed two of the three guys managing to hit Dan when he returned a glance my way. I saw him cringe and yell out in pain and I didn’t know what to do. They were gaining on him and I knew Chris and the scrawny rat were going to get up soon.

I looked around, noticing a few people lingering towards the edge of the hallway and I called out for help. I knew the music was loud enough to override my help calls but I had to try anyway.

Eventually, I noticed a guy walking down the hallway, leading towards us and I knew I had to do something to gain his attention. If my voice wasn’t loud enough than I needed to throw myself in his arms and beg for help.

“Excuse me, could you plea—“I started as I caught up to the guy but I stopped as soon as I saw that it was Matt. One look from him. That’s all it took for me to get distracted and stop whatever it is that I was supposed to do.

“Rain, what you saw out ther—“

Immediately, I cut him off. I didn’t want to hear it. I was pissed off but I needed him right now. I needed him to help me and Dan. “Please Matt. You have to help us.” I begged as I pulled him down the hallway towards the fight. When we got there, Dan had knocked out two of the guys but there was still three who were conscious, awake, and ready for retribution, revenge and whatever else they were here to fight for.

“What the hell is going on?” He whispered in my ear, the tone sending wild flames throughout my body.

I couldn’t answer anything coherent as I willed my body to get over itself. Now was definitely not the time to feel like this. “He tried to rape me.” I managed to say as I cowered behind his lean and built body.

I heard Matt muttering something that I couldn’t hear before he took off, landing a blow towards Chris’ body. I noticed Chris stumbling back, hitting the wall as blood oozed from the side of his head.

Matt then moved on to hit the scrawny rat in the face, landing strong hits that caused the guy to fall unconscious. He then moved to help Dan who was trying to send the last guy unconscious. When Dan noticed Matt, I saw him hit the other guy violently enough to cause him to render unconscious.

This didn’t stop Dan from kicking them all, making sure they were really unconscious. Matt took this time to check if I was okay.

“Yeah I’m fine, thanks to you guys.” I smiled weakly.

“Um Rain, I need to talk to yo—“

Matt was cut off by Dan who was urging us to get the hell out of the club. Matt and I locked gazes, but I was the first to break contact.

“You’re right Dan.” I agreed quickly, allowing Dan to guide me towards a back exit.

 I felt Matt’s chest press against my back the whole time Dan was guiding us towards the exit and I couldn’t help but feel the heat radiating off of his body to mine. It was stupid of me to lean into his touch. I knew it was wrong. But some part of me needed to feel his body, even if he was all over Holly earlier tonight. Could my life get any more confusing than it already is? And what was up with Dan and these guys tonight? Obviously they knew each other from the past. I knew I needed answers but I guess they could wait until later. All I want is to go home and forget that this night ever happened.

***

so, do you guys like the actors we chose for Matt and Dan ???