"Yeah, I'm thinking this could be the guest room, when you move out." Derek explained, casually.

At that, both elements of the copule looked at him, confused.

"When I move out? Why am I moving out?" Helena asked, her brows furrowed.

"You're moving out?" Mark asked, turning to the small girl.

"Meredith didn't talk to you?" Derek questioned, seemingly as shocked as the girl.

"No! Why am I moving out?" She insisted.

At that, Derek simply made a noise, leaving the room with a puzzled expression.

"So, turns out I'm moving out, I guess." She sighed, starting to apply mascara as the man put on his shoes.

——

Sitting down next to Meredith and Cristina in the auditorium, she handed each a coffee.

"So, I'm I moving out or not? I kinda need to know if I'm apartment hunting..." The short girl let out.

"I don't know... Derek wants you all to." The blond answered.

"Since when does he say jump and you jump?" Cristina scoffed.

"Well... I'm happy." Meredith let out.

"No matter what you decided to do, just let me know if I need a new place, please." Helena asked, turning to look at the article she had printed.

A few moments after, the chief's voice boomed through the room. "Listen up! I know we're busy people so I'll try to be brief. I am implementing a new teaching protocol here at Seattle Grace. Some of these rules are new, some are old and are going to be newly enforced. First, second and third year residents will no longer be allowed to de facto specialize."

At that, both Cristina and Helena let out small noises, as complaints. "The practice interferes with the development of a fully rounder surgical education. No more. Personal relationships, personal loyalties and personal favorites will no longer be a factor in our training program. Attendings, you will spread your wealth of knowledge equally amongst all of the residents. In addition, we will refocus our attention on patient communication and bedside manner. For some of us, this means learning the long loss art of humanity and compassion. Others, this means learning how to treat patients without becoming emotionally involved with them. This is a surgical program. Psychiatry is on the fifth floor, let's not confuse the two. In addiction, residents."

At that Helena perked up a bit. "Your interns reflect on you. If they fail, you fail. If they succeed, you succeed. Attendings, that goes for residents as well. Teach with enthusiasm. Learn with enthusiasm. We're surgeons, we cut off malignancies. Let's start at home, people."

"I hate the new rules..." Helena muttered, pouting. "Why can't I just been on peds and neonatal?"

——

As a result of the new policy, Helena was on neuro with Shepherd. Out of all the specialities she could have been put on, she couldn't exactly complain, since she did enjoy neurosurgery. Her patient was a man with persistent and extreme headaches. Now, they were trying to figure out how to cure them without having to cut off a big portion of his brain.