"That we will all stay alive together!" He exclaimed.

"Yes, I am sorry that I lied to you guys.."

Norman shook his head. "I cannot afford to make any mistake. Because I can't let anyone else die. If I run away, the plan will deviate. Even if it deviates just a little, It will be problematic to handle. I don't want to lose." Norman said. "It's pointless to argue. I will not change my mind."

Ray stumbled back and sat on the bed beside Emma. He doesn't know what to do anymore, there was no time. Norman wasted his chance of escape for them to be free.

Earlier, (Y/N) didn't even effort to try and run after Norman. It was because she knew that he wouldn't want to escape in the first place. Of course she knew the way around the house, she was Mom's informant! She must know, observe, and be knowledgeable about everything that surrounds her.

"Funny, so that's why she didn't run after me huh?" Norman smiled sadly. "I did what I can today, I'm leaving the rest to you. Make sure the escape succeeds."

"Wait, Norman-" Before any of the two could say anything, they were embraced by the boy.

"So warm." Norman said. "Thank you for everything. Because of you all, I had a good life." He said, smiling.

"I had fun, I was happy, I was very fortunate." He added on.

It was all going down like this. He couldn't accept it. Ray was in a verge of crying, but he held back his tears. He furrowed his eyebrows, quivering. "Damn.. Damn it, damn it!"

"Hey Norman." Emma was crying, grasping the back of his shirt. "It's still not too late to run away. Run and hide in the forest."

But it was too late.

"Like I said, I'm not going to change my mind." Norman stood up properly, smiling once more. "See you."

Norman left the two in the infirmary. Both of them sad and alone in the room, not knowing what to do.

Ray stood up and walked out as well. So this was the end, this is where he gives up all of his plans. Norman will be gone and leave them behind. There was only one option that was left and that was let the others escape before his birthday.

Emma didn't know about that plan, so he is taking advantage of that. "Ray.." She called out.

"I'm going to think." He mumbled, making his way to the library.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

No one was in there at the moment. He closed the door, sitting on the floor. He didn't expect himself to cry at the very moment he was alone.

He bitterly smiled at the memory six years ago. It was a cold, winter day. Both Emma and him were playing outside in the snow. Emma had challenged him in a snowball fight which lead him winning.
And a few moments later, the sickly boy got a cold.

Emma was so worried about him that she wanted to get sick too so Norman wouldn't be alone. It was a stupid idea, but then it was very thoughtful of her.

He was worried too but it was just a cold. Though he wanted to go inside the infirmary, just like Emma. But Isabella didn't want them to go in as they might get sick as well. Ray followed her orders and stayed outside the room. Emma on the other hand can't seem to sit still.

"Idiots don't get sick. That's what in the book said." He stated, pointing at the book he was reading.

It was a bit illogical if he thinks about it now. Whether you were an idiot or not, you can get sick. Funny, how Emma believed every single word he said that was straight up from a fairytale book.