Chapter 59 - Rohana - Acceptance, Not Forgiveness

These blueberries are delicious. Gods and their Saints I should've stuffed some in my pockets before leaving my solitude. It's quiet there, free from noises that will have my head lighting itself on fire. Sadly enough, I've had to leave the silence because I've run out of food to keep me content, and the kitchen's watched by Jades who have too keen of eyes to not notice a few apples, slices of meat, or bottles of kidzra going missing. Which leaves only one option: Going into the throne room that now has its long tables out and set for everyone to eat at.

I hate the idea, knowing full well that even if my connections to my sisters are currently muted by myself, there's no physically hiding my body walking into the large room. I've noticed how the Jades talk quieter, always tracking my footsteps when I walk into the halls, waiting until I'm out of earshot - a rather accurately long distance considering I don't remember telling them about our enhanced hearing - before continuing on with their reports or gossip.

The second I step foot through the large double doors, it'll be clear, and not because of how I reek of power. Not to mention that only those with fellow magic blood can sniff my scent.

Gods answer my prayer that my sisters won't be in the throne room when I get there.

Speaking of the Gods, it seems they've brought more help to our side. I spot Lance, Darius, and The Bhaltayr walking with a few new faces toward the Glass Tower across the hall. They all mostly look older, a small group not dressed formally enough to be the court, but ruggish enough to be the court's hellhounds. Too bad that they don't send my evil radar wailing, it'd give me a reason to run over and decapitate them all. Then again, I'm pretty sure they'd all be fried chicken if Darius felt anything.

I stop in the shadow of one of the large doors, watching as their group turns around the corner to the hall that will lead them to the Jade's new living slash hiding place. I'll keep the little fact in mind, just in case I need to find an escape route after...this.

I start pacing in the dark, avoiding the rays of sunlight that trickle in from the windows. My sisters are blood, they're laced within my bone and pump through my heart. Their pain is my pain, and their love is my love, even if they do make me want to scream at the top of my lungs and shake them until my fist goes from holding their collar to giving them more than skin bruises.

Branka is here, avoiding her isn't hard when she doesn't leave the Queen's side, but it's the Queen's side in which I'm supposed to be guarding, which makes my life so much harder.

Gods just walk in Ro.

I've walked onto battlefields, fought fights that weren't in our favor and have lived through more loss because of my damn immortal life. You'd think I could walk into a giant ass room, find the food, and then sit down and eat it before disappearing again. Plus, who knows, maybe my sisters aren't in there.

Oh, who am I kidding, I know they're in there. I know that just like I know they're all picking at their plates, stalling time in hopes I'll show. Why give them the satisfaction of waiting? Why give them the conversation they undoubtedly want?

Because they know you're pacing debating the thought.

Which will make it even more satisfying to walk away, I argue with myself.

But heathens I'm so hungry.

I haven't eaten for only one day, I've starved longer.

But you've been standing here smelling the tangs and spice of the food. You should go in.

They hurt you - Branka hurt you - so make them hurt in return.

But they're my sisters, their pain is my pain, and mine is theirs in return. They know I'm hurting maybe their comfort is what I need.