Chapter 18: Whether you like it or not!

Start from the beginning

"It doesn't excuse what you did to Cole." (Y/N) yelled at him.

"He was supposed to be watching over you." The Nindroid argues. "He is lucky. I did not wish to harm him but he was being... difficult." Alternate Zane stated.

"You did not wish to harm him!? Seriously!?" (Y/N) yelled at him. "I don't believe a word you just said." (Y/N) spat.

"My point stands." Alternate Zane glowers. He leans in close until they're practically sharing the same air.

Without a change in expression, Alternate Zane says. "You will not be leaving this tower for a long time. Safe from the outside world. It is for your own good." Alternate Zane firmly stated.

"You think you can stop me?" (Y/N) demanded. "No." Alternate Zane calmly responded. "But I know for a fact you will not leave poor, defenceless and highly injured Cole behind to fend for himself against me."

(Y/N) narrows her eyes. As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. "Hey, (Y/N)? Are you awake? Could I talk to you for a second?" Alternate Kai's voice rings into the room.

The door handle jiggles, but judging from the muttered curse, Alternate Zane must have locked it behind him when he came in.

Alternate Zane freezes in place. There was a heavy pause before the Nindroid walks over to the door and unlocks it. Alternate Kai came running in the second he heard the click. Almost knocking Zane over when he did.

"(Y/N)!" Alternate Kai whined at her. "We will talk later." Alternate Zane said as he left.

Wordlessly, Alternate Kai wraps his arms around (Y/N), clutching her to his chest. (Y/N) blinks and instinctively stiffens up more than normal. "What were you thinking when you did that?" Alternate Kai scolded her.

"Someone needed to stand up to him." (Y/N) responded. Alternate Kai buries his face into the crook of (Y/N)'s neck, his grip around her tightening.

There were quite muffled noises coming from Alternate Kai as the red ninja starts to shake, and for a moment, (Y/N) thinks Kai might be laughing at her. Until she feels wetness dripping onto her shoulder that she realises what is going on.

Kai, the arrogant hothead red ninja was crying.

"What? That doesn't make any sense. He's Kai. Why the brick would he be crying?" (Y/N) thought to herself.

Alternate Kai lifts his head a little, sniffling slightly as he quietly whispers, barely loud enough to be heard. "I don't want to lose you."

Alternate Kai then puts his head back down and squeezes (Y/N) even tighter, desperately trying to pull her closer as he sobs on her shoulder.

(Y/N) attempts to get Alternate Kai to let go. (Y/N) formulates a response to Alternate Kai's previous statement.

"You're not going to lose me. I'm right here." (Y/N) says tapping him on the back in hopes of getting him to let go. "I'm right here." (Y/N) says trying to think of things to get him to let her go.

They stay there for a good fifteen minutes, Alternate Kai holding (Y/N) close and (Y/N) awkwardly standing there unsure of what to do. By the time Alternate Kai pulls away, (Y/N) is nearing her breaking point.

Alternate Kai sniffles a little, wiping away the last remnants of his tears. His eyes were red.

(Y/N) just kind of stands there, waiting for him to say something. "What the brick just happened?" (Y/N) whispers to herself. "What the actual brick?" But to her dismay, he tugs at her arm wanting her to follow him out of the room.

Author Notes:

1.) Sorry for the long wait, I just kind of felt that my writing has been bad and rather bland lately. I hope this chapter is ok! Also, GRAMMARLY HATES ME, So typo alert. Thank you for reading and don't forget to tell me what you think.

2.) Thank you for reading. Don't neglect to check out all the stories connected to this story. Bizarro Ninja X Reader, Ninjas vs Nexo Knights, Morro's Wish and Echo Zane X Reader.