{One}

I've never really been that much of a social butterfly. It was always either keep your nose in your book or fight back for what I knew was right. There was no in between. But of course, this all had to change after my transfer to Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. 

When I was eleven, I did spend my first week at Beauxbatons before I punched two girls unconscious, my father knew it would be best for me to stay at home rather than join him at the school he taught at. After that, I had my first three years of magical schooling in my living room, my father had talked to the ministry and they decided it was alright for a professor to teach me everything in the schools curriculum from my own home. 

I woke up to the sun beaming across my tired eyelids. Almost immediately, my stomach began to form more and more knots. Because Dad was a teacher at Hogwarts, he had spent the past week there, doing all the things that teachers needed to do in preparation for the beginning of the school year. It was made clear to me two days ago that my father would send me a port key, as I would be arriving a day later to when school began. 

I stumbled out of my warm bed and slumped towards the bathroom, desperate for a shower. The warm water ran down my back, across my skin, soothing me with pleasure. Relaxing my muscles. For a minute, it felt like all my anxiety had suddenly washed away. I closed my eyes as I dipped my head under the running water, feeling the warm liquid rush down my skin before crashing onto the floor.

After brushing my teeth I brushed my long black hair and tied it in a rather messy ponytail. I then decided to made myself some toast, a cup of tea to get my mind off the day I was about to have before I headed back up to my bedroom and placed a record on the record player. 

After only one or two songs, I could hear the sound of an owl approaching my window. I instantly recognised it as my fathers owl, Lily, she was a black barn owl with eyes that matched the colour of her feathers. She perched on my windowsill longing for me to open the window and give her a treat, and so I did. After accepting the treat, I untied the package, and with that came a letter. 

Fawn,

Remember, you are expected here at 5pm, I will wait for your arrival and accompany you down the hall.

Please don't be late.

I opened the small box that enclosed the portkey. I noticed it to be a lovely silver comb with accents of emerald green jewels. I looked up at the clock in my room and noticed that I had slept half the day away already, I hadn't even packed yet.

While I tried to stay focused on packing my trunk, I couldn't help but notice more and more knots clumping up inside my poor stomach. Maybe eating that toast wasn't such a good idea. Anxiety began to fill me more and more, eating away at my insides. I packed all the necessary items I would need for the school year, including my books, clothes and shoes. 

Everything was packed within twenty minutes, so instead of worrying about what would happen when I arrived at Hogwarts, I stuck my nose in my favourite book and kept it there until it was time to leave.

☆ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I took one last glance at myself in my mirror, noticing every last detail. How my slightly curly hair cascaded down my back and over my shoulders. How my one blue and one green eye stood out due to the saturation of my hair. Then I noticed how nervous and scared I looked, breaking away from the gaze I turned to look at the clock. Shit I was about three minutes late. I quickly grabbed my trunk and made sure I had everything I needed, then I gripped the comb so hard my knuckles turned white.

With a tug and a pull, the next thing I knew, I was standing inside a long corridor in front of two of the biggest doors I'd seen in my life. To my right was my father, wearing his usual black attire.