Chapter 33

I stayed in my room reading the whole day, a maid had come with some food that I surprisingly ate more than usual, than a maid had brought in a basket with all sort of chocolates and cookies and cakes and macarons, a note that said "an apology parcel, have some stuff to take care off but I wouldn't mind trying to find out my hobbies", I cursed him under my breath as I ate the treats from the basket.

Did they put me in a good mood, yes, they definitely did.

I had been so involved in the book that I hadn't realized it was already 12 pm, I groan and let my head rest on the bed, hoping to get a peaceful night of sleep and than I realized that I'm not actually tired.

I change into my pajamas which were a pair of gray shorts and a gray plain t-shirt, I grab a chocolate bar and the small blanket that I wrap around me and I leave the room.

I walk around barefoot, hoping to find the stairs that lead to the roof, I carry on walking for about 5 minutes until I realize that I have never actually been on a tour of the house.

You've been on the basement though.

I ignore my thoughts and carry on walking, the cold marble causes shivers to run up my thighs and I pull the blanket closer to me, I wonder if this place has a library.
A "do not enter" sign catches my attention, I try peeping in from underneath the door but only see light and nothing else, I knock but hear nothing else so I open it.

It was a gym but that is not what caught my attention, what caught my attention was Damien boxing, his upper body was naked, a tattoo dragged from his shoulder blade down his back, the tattoo was what looked like a scorpion, a very beautifully made scorpion.

I slowly turn back around and try to open the door, key word try, the door doesn't budge and I realise that it's a fingerprint lock, so instead of doing anything I just sit down on the bench and eat my chocolate.

I carried on eating my chocolate while observing his movement, the anger and frustration that went in each punch or kick, than all of a sudden Damien swings a punch harder than the rest of his previous one than he lets out a heartbreaking scream causing me to yelp and in a blur a dagger is being thrown and hits the wall behind me, nearly taking my ear with it.

I let out a high pitch scream and get down from the bench.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Damien yells angry, his voice hoarse, and approaches me, he literally carries me up before grabbing the dagger that had fallen a few centimetres away.

"I was just walking when I came here and than I got stuck in here and now the door won't open." I ramble and take a couple steps back.

"Princess breathe." Damien says calmly, I nod and take a couple deep breaths. "Aren't you supposed to be sleeping or in your room or not here?" Damien asks turning around and walking to what I'm going to guess are the bathrooms.

"Shouldn't you too?" I ask back, Damien looks over his shoulder.

"Go to bed princess." Damien says with a sigh and starts walking again, I quickly jog and hold his hand, Damien's whole body tenses. "Go to bed princess, please." Damien says tense.

"No, not until you tell me what's wrong!" I say defiantly.

"Please princess, go to sleep." Damien says, his voice slightly breaking.

"You're clearly not fine pumpkin." I say worried, in a blink Damien has me against the wall with my arms locked above my head.

"You're playing a dangerous game princess." Damien says angry.

"I am not afraid of you Damien." I say defiantly.

"You should be princess, you should be terrified of me." Damien says angry before pulling away and getting in the showers, I sigh and stare at the punching bag, I throw a very soft punch than another and another for about 5 minutes.

"You're throwing your punches wrong princess." I snap around to find a still half naked Damien against the door, his hair wet from the shower, his expression still very dark.

"Never tried punching anyone yet." I say smiling, he lets out a humourless chuckle.

"Come on, back to bed princess." Damien says and grabs my blanket that had fallen on the floor, he throws it over my shoulders and hooks our arms and we leave.

The moment we reach my room Damien starts to walk away, I quickly grab his hand.

"Damien please talk to me." I gave Damien a pleading look.

"Why won't you just drop it Lea, for God's sake just fucking drop it." Damien says angry, he reaches over, opens my room door and takes me in. "Sleep for God's sake, just sleep."

Now was my time to play the cards so I quickly got in front of Damien and lock the door to my room before going on my toes and pressing my lips to his in a very short kiss.

"Why'd you do that?" Damien asks angry.

"Because you're always busy helping people but no one helps you so now I'm trying to help you even if I would rather be anywhere else in the room." I say losing my patience.

"Open the fucking door Lea and get out of the fucking way." Damien says angry.

"Not until you let me help you." I say angry, than Damien lets out a frustrated sigh before grabbing my face and connecting our lips in a much harsher kiss, he turns us around and leads me back to the bed, he doesn't break the kiss, my hands go around his neck.

Damien breaks the kiss, I keep my eyes closed as I try to control my breathing, he pulls away, I open my eyes and see him looking very confused.

"What have I done?" Damien asks more to himself than me, his chest heaving up and down.

"Because it helped numb all the other feelings." I say still breathless, Damien stares at me before walking back towards me, he rests his hand on my cheek caressing it

"Just one more kiss princess, please?" Damien asks, his voice breaking, I nod and he connects our lips again, this time much less harsher than the previous one, I can tell that he's holding back so I put more force into it.

Damien's POV

I lean her down on the bed as I hover over her, my one arm is supporting me whilst the other runs up and down her waist, everything is gone, all I know is her and this moment right here, my mind is intoxicated by this feeling, my body is on fire.

Her hands tighten around me, she shivers every time my hand touches her bare skin, her eyes stay close as if to not burst of emotions, I break the kiss so she can breathe, her eyes stay closed, I leave a trail of kisses from her lips down to her jaw, down to her shoulder before coming back up and kissing her again shortly.

I lay down beside her and pull her closer, her heart is beating fast, her chest is going up and down and her eyes were shut tight.

"How are you feeling pumpkin?" I chuckle and kiss the top of her head.

"I am feeling much much better princess." I sat with a smile, she looks up and meets my eyes.

"You know you can talk to me right, I don't spy on people." Lea says worried and lays back down on my chest.

"Nightmares and guilt and rage haunt me at night to the point where I can't sleep, my body feels like it's on fire as the anger boils in blood." I say with a sigh, Lea tightens her grip around me as her head rests just on top of my heart.

"I get nightmares too, they usually are either from school or Liam, or one of my friends dying." Lea says sad, I pull the duvet around us as she snuggles closer. "Pumpkin, can you teach me boxing and how to defend myself?" Lea asks drowsy, I chuckle.

"Of course princess, we'll start whenever you wish." I say as I feel myself too start to fall asleep.