Chapter 45

"Run raspberry, run as fast as you can but you know that eventually he will leave just like everyone else and you'll be all alone dying and suffering, you can't run away from your curse now can you, you shouldn't hate yourself, hate him for this, he will leave like everyone raspberry and you're going to come beg me to help you." I stare into his deep ocean blue eyes, hoping to find the guy I once knew, the one I had loved, but I an met with just darkness that swallows.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I jerk up. "Breathe princess, just a nightmare." Damien says calmly, he pulls me in for a hug, I let out a few sobs, Damien rubs my back. "I'm here with you." A few minutes later my breathing returns to normal, I keep my head on his chest. "Feeling better?"

I nod and look up, Damien sighs and leans his forehead and mine. "I just want him gone from my head." I say with a sigh. "Where are we?" I ask confused, I look around and see that we were in a gas station.

"15 minutes away from the town." Damien says smiling. I feel my own smile grow. "We need a tank refill and I need a bathroom break." I chuckle and get out of the car, I stretch my arms above my head.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I tell Damien, he nods and I make my way to the small coffee shop where the bathroom is supposed to be.
5 minutes later I am back in the car, Damien is no longer there, I decide to go for a walk, I go around the corner of the coffee shop, a high pitch scream gets my attention, yelling and screaming, they sound like a girl's scream, I quickly rush and follow it.

I peek my head around another smaller space when I see it, a guy had a girl against the wall, she was struggling and yelling but he had a hand over her mouth.
"Just fucking stay still Caity alright, I'm doing this for you." The guy yells and than takes out a gun from his back pocket, I don't think and just take out my own gun.

"Back away from her or I will shoot." The guy turns around shocked and confused, I keep my gun steady and take a step towards them. "Let her go." I say.

"This is none of your business girl, just move along." The guy says angry, the girl shoots warning glances at me.

"Let her go or I will shoot you." I say, the guy's gun turns to me.

"You interrupted something that wasn't yours to meddle with girl." His finger is on the trigger.

"I wouldn't do that, you see right, if you do that I will be chopping you up into a billion pieces and than scatter it all across the universe and I really want to get to experience this date my beautiful soon to be wife has planned." I turn to find a very annoyed looking Damien standing with his arms crossed.

The guy glares at both of us and leaves, the girl collapses on the ground and I rush to her side.

"Are you hurt?" I ask concerned, Damien sits on the ground next to me and doesn't say anything, the girl smiles at me before throwing her hands around me and squeezes me in a hug.

"Thank you so much, oh my God, I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you both." She says excitedly.

"It's really nothing, just stay safe from now on." I  tell her before getting up, Damien doesn't say anything but I feel his stare at the back of my head, when we reach the car I turn to face him.

"I had to do it you know that." I say quietly, Damien sighs and pulls me in for a hug.

"I know and I would never stop you from protecting other people, it's just the guy would have pushed the trigger and it really pisses me off that people like him exist." Damien says with a sigh, I pull back and peck his lips quickly.

"It's a good thing I have you watching my back than." I say excitedly, Damien chuckles before opening the door of the car.

"To the fair we go." Damien says excitedly.