Chapter 29

"Where is this fool?" Davina paced impatiently around the living room.

"Relax Davina, it's James we're talking about, he'll be here, besides we have been here for 5 minutes only." Damien says smirking from the couch, his sister flips him off causing him to chuckle.

I push myself further against the wall the moment I see a figure walking in.

"Finally, took you long enough." Davina says sarcastically but starts smiling as she throws her arms around him, he doesn't look older than 25, slightly taller than Damien, slightly more built than Damien.

"You guys look like you missed me, besides I took long because I had to look good for this guest you said we have." James says grinning, both Damien and Davina roll their eyes, Damien gives him one of those bro hugs.

James looks very different from the twins, he has caramel brown hair, his eyes are chocolate brown, he looks like someone one can rely on very easily.

"It's great to finally have my 3rd most trust worthy friend with me." Damien says as a greeting.

"Ahh yes, 3rd, the one number I can get out of." James says rolling his eyes playfully, Davina and Damien snort at that. "Anyways where is the heir of The Snakes, you guys barely said anything about this person while I was away than boom I am being called back to help this guy." James says excitedly, I try to push myself further back.

You do know that you won't be able to go through the wall right.

"It's a girl not a guy." Davina says proudly, Damien turns around, in 2 seconds his eyes met mine.

"There's she." Damien says smiling genuinely, he marches towards me and I try to calm my breathing, this place was getting way too claustrophobic, he must have noticed my small panic attack because he leaned in close enough that I could feel his breath on my neck and ear. "You're doing great princess." Damien says playfully.

It takes a couple seconds for my brain to process it before I shove him away from my neck, i take a deep breath before walking to James and extend my hand out for a shake.

"I'm Lea." I say shortly, James shakes my hand.

"James Hammet, 3rd in command, your most trust worthy ally." James says playfully and does a small bow and kisses the top of my hand, I roll my eyes before pulling my hand back and wiping it on his shirt, Damien and Davina burst out laughing and James rolls his eyes.

"We're eating first and than we talk business." James says determined before walking away, Davina chuckles and quickly follows behind him, Damien hooks his arm to mine before dragging me with him. "We're going to eat."

"I'm not hungry." I say annoyed, Damien smirks.

"Is that what you tell yourself when you can't eat?" Damien asks sarcastically, I feel my face heat up, don't know whether is it from embarrassment or anger.

"Stop acting like you care Damien." I say angry and pull my arm from his and start walking away, as quick as lightning I was pinned against the wall, my arms above my head, I tried pulling my arms from Damien's grasp and failed miserably causing him to chuckle as he leaned closer, our chests were touching so I am pretty sure he can hear my heart beating fast.

His breath fanned across my face. "Careful princess, words cut deeper than knives." Damien says smirking, my lungs burned for more air, he pulled back. "Now we're going to eat." He hooks my arm through his again and drags me.

"I hate you." I say angry.

"Don't worry princess, the feeling is very mutual." Damien says with an evil grin that causes the blood to chill in my bones.

Damien's POV

The moment we walk in the smaller dining room, where it's usually reserved for friends, Davina raises her eyebrow quizzically and I smirk and shrug it off.

Lea takes the one empty seat in the square table next to me and next to Davina and opposite James.

"Thank God you guys finally arrived, I am starving." James says with a sigh before digging in, Davina looked at me again confused, you know that weird thing where they say that twins have telepathy, well I wouldn't mind saying that it's actually quite true because right now I can tell exactly what she's thinking.

She's thinking about what exactly happened between us back in the living room and why does Lea look so pissed off.

I roll my eyes at her and her expression hardens before she breathes and goes back to her peppy self, James says something and they both burst out laughing like maniacs.

I let myself look at Lea from the corner of my eye, her food laid untouched except for maybe a couple bites, I nudge her with my knee and she snaps towards me with a glare, I stare back at her defiantly before looking at her food, she rolls her eyes but puts another bit of food in her mouth.

"Anyways regarding our plan tonight." I say having a sip of my water, James groans.

"I thought we were waiting till after we eat." James says rolling his eyes.

"Don't worry we still have a lot to discuss after we eat too." Davina says smiling.

"The Ravens' club is opening tonight, we are going to pay them a visit!" I say sternly.

"Yes finally we get to go to a club." James cheers.

"Oh my God, can I take my knives with me?" Davina asks excitedly causing James to laugh and I nod, my attention stays on Lea from the corner of my eye, her face is pale, her knuckles were white from gripping the fork tightly, than she stands up and walks away.

"Did we say anything wrong?" James asks worried and than looks at her close to untouched plate of food.

I sigh and stand up. "Don't worry, she's just going through stuff, Davina will fill you up." I say before walking away to go find her.

Lea's POV

I pace across my floor gathering my thoughts, I throw the windows open and take more deep breaths.

"You look like you're in a dilemma." I don't bother turning around to look at Damien.

"I'm going to stay at home tonight." I say breathing in the air.

"It's not like as if you have a choice princess." My head snaps around to find a smirking Damien above 2 metres away.

"It's my choice, I am not going." I say angry.

"You're letting him control your life princess, if you go tonight, he will see that you don't need him and realise the mistake he made." Damien says with his stupid iconic evil smirk. "So what's it going to be princess."