Chapter 34

I let my eyes adjust to the light pouring in from the windows, I try getting up.
"Don't go yet." Damien says sleepy and pulls me closer, I let my head rest back on his chest hearing the soft heartbeat.

"What exactly are we pumpkin?" I ask unsure, I draw some patterns on his chest.

"I actually don't know, we don't look like enemies even if we constantly want to kill each other." Damien says with a chuckle that causes his chest to vibrate.

"Friends, we can be friends." I say hopeful, my hand is still busy drawing patterns.

"It would be an honour to be your friend princess." Damien says and kisses the top of my head, we lay in silence as I carry on drawing whilst Damien traces small circles up and down my spine, I giggle on some causing him to smirk.

"I had the most peaceful sleep I have ever had in a really long time." Damien says. "Thank you princess, for helping me."

I was about to say something when a knock on the door interrupts me.

"Lea are you awake, I have a surprise for you." Davina says excitedly, Damien starts cursing softly.

"Wait, let me just get dressed and I'll be with you soon." I say and jump out of bed, I nearly yelp when I feel how cold the floor is.

"Alright, hurry up, in the meantime I'll just go see where Damien is." Davina says excitedly, Damien groans and lays back down on the bed.

"Can we just go back to sleep!" Damien exclaims with a sigh.

"Nope, we have work and I want to know exactly what you got from the club that night." I say excitedly as I try searching for clothes. "And now I am going for a shower so you're leaving." I say with a smirk.

He is rubbing off on us.

"Can I join you?" Damien asks smirking, I roll my eyes even though I feel the heat creep up my neck.

"I am very capable of taking a shower on my own." I say proudly and head to the bathroom.

I shower and change into a pair of black jeans and a black and red button t-shirt, I tie my hair up in a messy bun, I walk out and catch my reflection on the mirror, my face is bright and it doesn't look dead, I look happy, I smile to myself and leave the room and walk to the kitchen.

"Mr. Damien said that he'll be in his office and that you are to meet him there after you've had your breakfast." One of the girls working in the kitchen says, I nod and thank her as I pour some cereal for myself and walk to his office while eating my cereal.

I knock on the door of his office and open it when he says come in, Davina and James were already here.

"Sorry I'm late, I had gotten distracted in the morning." I say with an apologetic smile, I let my eyes fall on Damien and he smirks at me.

"That's fine, we either way just came in now too." Davina says brushing it off, I give her a smile, I sit on the chair next to James and carry on eating my cereal.

Damien takes out a folder from one of the drawers and sets it down on the table. "I went through the folder, it doesn't contain as much information as we hoped but it definitely confirms that The Ravens are planning something for the gala." Damien says.

"Is there anything that says exactly what they're planning?" Davina asks confused.

"There has to be some sort of plan or something." James says determined.
Damien looks unsure as he glances at me. "They're planning something big and we have to stop it." Damien says with a sigh.

"This gala is in 2 and a half months right?" I ask. James mutters a yes. "Than we plan something bigger." I say with a small shrug.

"How big is bigger than them when we don't know how big is their plan?" James asks confused, I stare at Damien for a couple seconds and notice him just blanked.

"We'll figure out something soon, but for now maybe we could try finding out more about their meetings, their dealers, their connections and how far they are." I say suggestively, James and Davina stare at me shocked causing my cheeks to warm up.

"Damien she has a point and I think we should follow her plan." Davina says excitedly, Damian snaps out of his shock state and just nods.

"And I think I might have someone who would like to help us in our situation." Damien says.

"Alright than, there was some problems down by our border, I am going to check it out and let you know." James says before leaving.

"Lea you're coming shopping with me." Davina says smugly, I nearly choke on my saliva.

"What, why, when, where, shopping." I ramble, Davina smirks.

"We're going now, I just have to grab my purse, I will meet you outside, the chauffeur is already waiting for us." Davina says excitedly and walks away.

"I thought we were past the whole keeping secrets thing." I say slightly frustrated, Damien sighs before walking to the small bar and pouring himself a drink. "Damien, keeping secrets about this whole thing is not going to help anyone." I say more frustrated.

Damien doesn't say anything and just stares out the window, I sigh and leave the office and head down to meet Davina for some shopping.

-------

After 5 hours of walking around the mall, shopping, we were finally back in the mansion, was I happy to be back, yes, very happy.
I lay down in bed, sighing exhausted as my whole body feels sore from all the walking.

When I feel myself fall asleep I finally drag my body from the bed and head to the bathroom, when I come out a note was taped to the mirror, I felt a smile grow as I read the note.

"𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝔂𝓶, 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓛𝓸𝓽𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 *𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱* 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭"
-𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓷

I change into a pair of black leggings and a black sleeveless shirt, I wear a sweatshirt over my sleeveless shirt and make my way to the gym, I swing open the doors to find again a half naked Damien boxing except that this time he turned around and smirked at me.

"How was shopping with Davina?" Damien asks with a smirk, I roll my eyes.

"I got myself some books because Davina insisted I buy something." I say with a smile, he signals for me to join him at the punching bag, I take off my sweater and leave it on the bench.

When I turn back around I see Damien staring at me, his eyes go down and come back up, I roll my eyes and he chuckles.

"The key to getting a strong and hard punch is your stance." Damien says showing me.

And that's how I spent the rest of my day, training with Damien until my legs were close to falling off.

"See now, that wasn't bad now was it." Damien says cheerfully. I roll my eyes and grab my sweater from the bench, throwing it over my shoulder.

"Are you coming now?" I ask.

"I still have more sets to go over." Damien says proudly. "Go rest princess and get more food, you still have a long way in boxing."

I smile and leave the gym, earlier Damien had installed my fingerprint so that I can come and leave whenever I feel like.

The moment I get to my room I head to the bathroom and take a long relaxing bath, when I come out a tray with food awaited on the small table, I smile when I see that there's finally no meat.

I sigh exhausted when I finally lay down on the bed and let myself get consumed by sleep.

Well until a loud thunder woke me up and 5 minutes later I found myself outside Damien's bedroom.