Chapter 40

"Alright Damien, what's the important thing that you want to talk about?" Davina asks confused.

We are all gathered in the meeting room with Damien sitting on the head, me next to him, Liv and Drew next to me, Davina next to Damien and James next to Davina.

Damien's gaze stays on me for a few seconds before he sighs. "We want to merge." Damien says straight to the point, everyone goes dead quiet before James gets up.

"Did I just hear correctly or did you just say you want to merge?" James asks confused.

"You heard correctly, we want to merge." Damien stated again.

"Lea are you sure about this, he's not forcing you or anything?" Liv asks concerned and worried, Damien's body tenses up.

"He isn't Liv, trust me." I say with a smile.

"And you're sure you want to do it?" Drew asks just as concerned and I nod.

"I don't think you should it." James says determined.

"Why the fuck not?" Damien asks his anger slipping by a notch.

"This is marriage Damien, not child's play, it's marriage between 2 gangs." James says. "You need to be more mature to be getting married, both of you." Damien is up in a blink and is ready to pounce at James and Davina quickly gets up.

"Both of you relax." Davina says angry.

"Don't talk to me about maturity James when you were the one who got a girl pregnant on purpose at the age of 25 and abandoning her." Damien snapped at James, who looked just as about ready to punch Damien, I quickly get up and place my hand on Damien's shoulder.

Damien sighs and sits back down. "Sorry, I crossed the line there."
James sits back down and me Davina both breathe out in relief.

"Are you sure you both are ready for it?" James asks a bit calmer.

"Yes James, we are most definitely certain about this." Damien says with a small smile.

"Alright than, when?" James asks smiling.

"The gang gala." I answer this time. "We could announce it than."

"Than we're having the wedding ceremony a couple days later." Damien finishes.

"Well than we have a lot of preparations to do." Davina says excitedly and gets to hug me, soon everyone is hugging everyone, Liv squeezes me tightly.

"If he hurts you I am bring down hell on him." She says proudly and I thank her for it.

Damien snakes his arm around me, a smile dances on his lips as he nods to everyone.
"Thank you to all of you for this, the support means a lot to both of us and I am glad we are all on the same page." Damien says proudly.

Davina snorts. "When did you even prepare that speech." She says rolling her eyes.

"Now actually." Damien says smirking and rests his head on top of mine, Damien was about to say something and his phone starts ringing, both Davina and James frown.

"Who's the number?" James asks confused.

"It's private." Damien says and answers it quickly putting it on loud speaker as James motioned.

"Hello." Damien says confused, the line on the other side is completely silent but than it starts laughing.

"You're ruining our plans scorpion child." My blood runs cold in my veins as I recognize the voice of the woman who killed my father, Damien's body tenses up and he tightens his grip around me. "Give the girl back."