Chapter 46

The Gang Gala

I pace across the floor of our room, my nerves and anxiety are literally over the top.

"Lea you have to breathe and just believe in yourself alright, everything is going to go fine." Liv says holding me by the shoulders, she was already in her dress while I was still pacing across my room in my robe, at least my hair and make is all done.

"I know, it's just that I wish I didn't have to walk up first, it's too much attention on me and it gives me jitters and I don't like it and Damien won't be there, anything could go wrong." I ramble anxiously.

"Breathe, relax, your dad and Connor would have been so proud of you, you can do this alright." Liv says enthusiastically, I nod and she helps me get in my dress, it fits perfectly and it's extremely comfortable, the heels were a bit of a problem earlier but now they seem normal.

"You're right, we've been over this plan a 1000 times this week, we'll be fine and everything will go to plan." I say taking a few deep breaths.

The knock on the door gets both our attentions, Liv says a come in and Drew walks in looking handsome as always, he walks up to us before pecking Liv's lips and dropping a kiss on top of my head.

"We have to be leaving now, Damien and the rest have left already." Drew says taking both our elbows through his.

"And Oliver?" I ask as we make our way down the stairs.

"He is downstairs waiting." Drew says.
When we reach down, Oliver is waiting and he smiles at us, I smile at Drew and let Oliver take my elbow and guide me to the car.

My heart just beats louder and faster the closer we seem to be getting to the Gala.

Damien's POV

"Where are they?" James asks impatiently, I drum my fingers on the table.

"Would you both relax, they should be here in a few minutes." Davina snaps. I catch Liam leaning against the far wall looking bored but cautious, the hall was huge, like really huge and it seemed like nearly everyone was already here.

The murmurs and chatters of people filled the room, most of the people in here basically just had their sarcastic smiles and faces on.

Than the murmurs stopped and in she walked, looking stunning in the dress, Oliver had her elbow through his, she kept her head up as she looked around and her eyes landed on us, on me, my breath had already whooshed out of me as my heart stopped.

"Damien, it's your part, go get her." Davina whispers, I snap out of it as I get up and walk towards her, every step I take makes my heart skip beats, I managed to mask my shock and amazement with a smirk as I take her elbow, Oliver gives me a smile before walking behind Andrew and Liv.

The crowd stares at us for a few more seconds as we walk to our table before going back to their chatting, Lea sighs in relief when she finally takes a seat.

"That was too much attention." Lea murmurs, I clasp her hand in mine under the table, she smiles at me.

"You look amazing princess." I say still in shock, her blush creeps up her neck and I chuckle, she lightly punches my shoulder.

You're happy.

After a really long time, you found your source of happiness.

Lea's POV

I trail my gaze around the hall as I take a sip of the champagne that they poured for us. I know he is looking and I ignore it as I skip his figure.