The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 6)

"Gerroff!" I laughed at Jeff, as I mock wrestled him of me. He laughed and threw cheese puffs at me out of the bowl we'd been sharing. Our laughter was muffled in the noise of the people around us.

Five days ago, these people had been flesh eating zombies.

But dad and I had cured them.

Including Jeff, he'd been a zombie too. But he was the first zombie I'd found without the maximum number of scratches. I'd had too kill the rest. I still had nightmares of where they'dbe coming for me and I'd be running and screaming and they'd still be chasing me.

But now all those people were saved. All thanks to my dad.

So, dad and I has set out restoring he rest of the world. We starts with one, and the numbers grew. There's now over 30 people living in our little underground home. A mission is going to start soon for another HQ to be dug like this one, as we are curing new people everyday. We regurlary have fun nights. Like pajama parties or DVD days. It's strange but silly activities like these keep us occupied, so we don't have to remember the cruel world outside.

Thats what were doing now. It was a DVD day, which basically involved people lounging around eating junk food and watching cheesy DVDs all day. It was fun.

Especially with Jeff. He was the most amazing person I'd ever net. Like me, he'd lost all of his family to the virus. But he'd also been a victim until we found him and cured him. Then we adopted a stray dog which we called George. Coco liked him immediately, kind of like my reaction to Jeff.

I know I wasn't meant to be having crushes on guys during the end of he world, but I couldnt help it. We got on so well and he liked me back, as he'd said lots of times.

So, we were messing around instead of watching the movie. It was the best time of my life. Jeff would look at me and I'd go red. I was laughing away with Jeff when someone told me dad wanted to see me in the lab. I excused myself from Jeff and went to go talk to daddy.

I walked in to find dad hunched over a table.

" Dad? Whats wrong dad?" he murmmered something and the only word I caught was Avanibe. I asked him to repeat, and he looked me in the eyes.

"Ava the cure didnt work. The Avanibe only gives results for a short period. It actually makes the virus worse. Ava everyones gonna be a zombie. Including me"

I couldn't process this information. Dad couldnt be a zombie again.

Or maybe he could.

Dad surged for me, teeth bared.

Yelping, I leapt back.

My own dad was trying to kill me.

I'd never got a chance to say goodbye.

***********************************************

Vote and comment.

Thanks for reading.