The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 1)

Thats right. Both My parents and my brother died. My mom and Tim both had the shot, and within a week they were starting to feel the effects of the virus. I woke up one morning to the sound of my Dad screaming. I ran in wearing my PJ's and saw my Dad being savaged by Mom and Tim. They looked like something sent straight out of a horror film. And with that vision in my head, I ran back into my room, threw some things into a bag, and fled from the house.

Everywhere was the same.

Zombies were everywhere.

People were screaming and runnin but the Zombies soon caught them. I felt a trembling in my large rucksack, and opened it to find Coco. I pulled her out and clutched her to me, thankful that at least I had something left of my old life. I dashed into the forest, and ran. I didn't really know where I was going, anywhere but here. I considered ending it all, there and then. I heard a twitching in the bushes, so I dashed up a tree, hauling Coco up with me. We hid in the tree. Together, Coco and I stayed there for about 2 hours. I was starting to get really uncomfortable, and Coco was beginning to shuffle around in my lap, desperate to get down. I knew we'd have to get down at some stage. I didn't want to. I felt strangely safe up in that tree, sat on the wide branch, staring down at the pitiful world below me. I pulled my rucksack out from behind me, and began to rumage through it. In my rush, I didn't really know what I'd put in. I found stuff like clothes and food. But then I found the Swiss Army knife my dad had given to me. I explored it, looking at all the different tools that I had. Then I found one that really took me by suprise. Inside the knife, there was a crumpled up note. I opened it warily.

Ava,

If you're reading this, it means that it has all ready started. I may be there with you, but most likely I'll be dead or worse, a zombie.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I read on

I don't know why they chose to do it Ava, I really don't. But, I prepared for it sweetheart, I did. Underneath the big tree in the local park, theres a hideout. Underground, but stocked with food and water and other nessities. I also put a TV and a Radio in there for you. See if you can pick up a signal and try and find a safecamp. Remember, help anybody you can, and please Ava, please, stay away from the Zombies. To kill a Zombie, you need to behead it. It's also better to burn the ruins as well so other zombies can't save it.

Remember, Ava, I love you and I always will

Micheal Barns

Your Dad x

The single kiss on the end sent fresh new tears pouring down my face. I tried to stop, afraid that zombies would hear me, but I couldn't. I was shaking uncontrollably. Coco sensed this and came to lick my face. I hugged her, and cried into her red fur. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't look after myself, or Coco.

Eventually, I stopped crying and decided to head to the park. It was only out of the forest. I hopped down from branch to branch until I hit the floor. I stood up and looked around. No sign of anything. I scooped up Coco and placed her into my rucksack. I was thankful that she was fairly light and could be carried easily.

I emerged from the forest. Then I stopped.

A zombie was in front of the big tree. It was alone, but I'd never get past it alive. I'd have to kill it.

I had no weapons, except the knife, but that couldn't slice off the Zombies head. I looked around for and kind of weapon. I'd always been a fairly strong person, so I found a large pointed log. I figured that I could charge the zombie, then get it onto the ground, and slice of it's head from there.

I set Coco-still in my bag- onto the floor, with firm instructions to stay.

Then I charged. The zombie had it's back to me, but turned round when it heard me coming. I hit it in the chest. Defeated, it fell to the floor, and I pressed the pointed end of the log onto it's neck and pushed. It did the job, lets just say that. I whipped out a lighter, which I'd found on the floor, and set fire to the mutant body.

Quickly, I ran back and grabbed Coco, and headed back to the big tree. I could see no no way of entering. I began to panick. What if it had got destroyed? What would I do then? Then, to my delight, I found a door in the hollow of the tree. I clutched Coco and jumped down the tunnel of the tree.

To land with a thud on a carpeted floor.

What?

***********************************************************************************************************

VOTE COMMENT FAN

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

ANY PLOT IDEAS?

LEAVE ME A COMMENT!

THANKS FOR READING

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX