The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 3)

I decided to sleep on it before I did anything serious. I mean, I couldn't go out and kidnap a zombie when I was exhausted. I hadn't been awake long, but I'd already run for my life enough today. Coco and I curled up on the comfy bed,with a blanket pulled over us, and I slowly dropped to sleep.

I didn't dream, which I suppose was better really. I'd hate to be hounded by zombies in my dreams as well as in real life. Maybe this wasn't real. Maybe it was some kind of sick joke the government were pulling on us, like that time the radio station pretended aliens were invading. Maybe it was like that, and when I woke up things would be back to normal. 

Maybe.

I woke up with my fingers crossed. I was still underground with Coco. 

My parents and my only brother were still dead. Or zombies.

It was an awful thing to consider. But with the Avanibe Antidote maybe I could save them. There was a slim chance of saving mom and Tim, but Dad was a huge possibility.

I could save him.

But I'd have to find him first.

There were a lot of zombies out there and I doubted that they'd wear name tags. But this man was my Dad. I had his genes, his eyes and his wacky sense of humour.

Surely I'd recognise him?

I decided to chance it.

I sprung out of bed, feeling hopeful. I felt like a campfire that had almost extinguished, but then had been given a new burst of fire.

Something to keep me going.

I figured that if my Dad could remember anything about himself, he'd remember his favourite places. Like our family home or the park he used to take Tim and I to when we were younger.

The very park we were in now.

I needed equipment. I slung a gun over my shoulder, just in case. I remembered what Dad had said about the index finger scratch rule. I memorised the size of my finger, and then continued gathering equipment. I grabbed the tranquilliser gun, and a bottle of Avanibe. I loaded a dart with the antidote, and placed it into the gun, keeping the safety catch on. I also slung that over my shoulder.

My breathing was getting faster the closer I was getting to actually going out of HQ. The place felt safe to me. I didn't want to leave. But I knew I had to.

For Dad.

I kissed Coco on her furry head, and with one final look at possibly the last place I'd ever feel safe, I left my Daddy's provision and headed out.

Determined to bring him home.

************************************************************************************************************************ 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! ;) 

THANKS FOR READING

I LOVE YOU ALL

Xxxxxxx <3<3<3