The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 8)

Blankly, I stared at the horrific scence in front of me. It was like everything was sped up, and I was behind, still in slow motion. I could see Jeff pushing his way through the crowd, trying to reach me. He grabbed my arm and shook me. I stared at him.

"AVA! You're just standing there? You have a gun! Use it! Whats going on?Why are people zombies again! AVA" He grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me harder "AVA! Coco, George and I need you! HELP US AVA!

Coco. My baby. My little Doggy.

I snapped out of my cataonic like state, and began firing the gun. One by One the zombies dropped dead to the floor. I set them alight using the lighter I'd just found in my pocket. Dad.

I'd forgotten to set his remains on fire.

Didn't really matter I suppose. I was sure he was dead.

Frantic, I looked around for Coco. She was huddled in a corner, barking worriedly at the zombies.

I saw it happen before it actually did.

A zombie lunged forward for Coco, it's claws slicing her through the stomach. She wimpered in pain. I shot the zombie in the head, along with the remaining zombies. They were all dead.

So was George. The zombies had ripped him apart.

Just like they'd ripped apart my family.

I hurried over to Coco, pulling her body onto my lap. She looked up at me, her big brown eyes full of sorrow. I stroked her small head, curling her fur around my fingers for the last time. She poked her tongue out at me. I let her lick my fingers, smiling as she did so. Coco-

Her body went limp.

She was gone.

I ran my hand over her eyes.

Closing them forever.

I stood up, picking up her body with me. I cuddled Coco close to me. I'd lost her forever.

I'd lost her to an endless battle.

"Ava"

Jeff. He was going to be one of Them too.

He approached me warily.

"Ava, put her down. She's gone" Jeff soothed

I stared at him.

"Just because she's gone doesn't mean I have to let her go"

"Ava, your talking nonsense" Jeff stepped towards me. I stepped away from him.

"You know what this means don't you?" I asked him

"What means? Ava, your talking nonsense. Give Coco to me"

I clutched her closer to me. Her blood felt damp against my skin.

"You. You're gonna change too. Then I'll be alone again. I can't be alone again" I collapsed to my knees again, crying into Coco. Jeff sighed sadly then began to speak again.

"Ava. You've still got your Dad"

I cried harder.

"DAD'S DEAD! COCO'S DEAD! MOM'S DEAD! TIM'S DEAD! EVERYBODYS DEAD!" I screamed, fuelled by pure insanity.

"Your Dad's dead?" Jeff asked quietly. I nodded.

"Yeah, and Jeff, if you turn I-I-I'm g-g-onnna have to, to , to-"

"Kill me, I know. But Ava, before you do listen to me"

Jeff walked over and crouched down opposite me. He looked deep into my eyes.

"Ava, you are the most amazing person I've ever met. You are brave and brilliant and, well I love you"

"I love you too" I told him

He pressed his lips to mine. I kissed him back.

Gasping, I pulled away, blood trickling into my mouth.

Jeff had bit me.

He'd turned.

I scrabbled away from him. Jeff lost interest in me. He was more interested in the dead body oppotunity in Coco.

I shot him before he could even touch her.

I kept firing.

I'd killed so many people today. So so many.

I couldn't do it anymore.

I just couldn't.

I scooped up Coco's body again.

Cradling my baby, I walked towards the exit of HQ.

Holding my head high, I walked out of the darkness of HQ.

And into the burning sunlight.

Zombies. Come and Get Me.

This ends Now.

**************************************************************************************************

OOOOOHHHH! :O

Major cliffhanger!

There WILL be another chapter!

I will try and update soon

VOTE COMMENT

THANKS FOR READING!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOO MUCHHH

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX