The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 2)

Authors note: Coco's breed has been changed from springer spanIiel to king charles caviler spainel. This is because I got confused and thought that springer spaniels were small dogs and their really not, therefore making them really heavy and difficult to carry in a bag and to save during the end of the world. Thank you. ENJOY!

**********************************************************************************************************

I stumbled around blindly in the dark. Coco was barking madly. Stupidly, I crashed into a wall. I yelped, which only made Coco bark more.

"Shh, Coco, I'm here" I felt the wall for a switch, and was relieved when my fingers found one. I flicked it on.

I gasped.

The supposed apocolyptic hole my father had dug for me was amazing. It had a large double bed, a TV and Radio-like he'd said- piles of books and CD's. But best of all, there was a large wall. And on this large wall, Dad had created a fantastic collection of family pictures. We were all there, Dad,Mom, Tim and me.

The photos ranged from recent to old. I smiled at them, knowing that even though they were now long gone, they'd be smiling back at me. Coco wagged her tail exitedly, obviously recognizing the faces in the pictures. There was a note pinned to the picture of Dad and I. We were on the beach and I'd just splashed water at him. Dad had gotten all wet, and I'd laughed at him, so he'd chased me round the beach, intent on getting revenged. He'd caught me, trapping me in his arms. Then Mom had snapped the picture. We were laughing, smiling directly at the camera. I stroked the  picture with my fingers.

"I love you Daddy" I whispered to him. Photo Dad smiled back, and I took that as a good sign.

I opened the note, still thinking about that day on the beach. Mom couldn't run about with us, she was pregnant with Tim. But Dad did. Thats how our family worked.

I was eldest, and a total Daddy's girl. Tim was Mom's 'Baby'. Now they were all gone.

I focused back on the note. I read it aloud, despite the fact that no-one was there.

Ava,

If you're reading this, then you've found the hideway, or HQ. That means headquaters honey.

"I know what it means Dad!" I moaned at the note, then read on.

I have added a research lab. Ava, it's a lot of pressure to put on you, but you might be able to save everyone. I doubt the virus has left this country, so thats a lot of relief for you. In the lab, you'll find bottles of antidote. All you've gotta do is place some in the tranquilliser gun, and fire. You were a good shot, so that should be easy. For older zombies, the Avanibe-my own name for the cure- needs to be injected directly into the vein on your wrist. A zombies age can be told by the number of scratches on their left arm. one scratch for every day. Look how far the scratches go down the wrist, any longer than your index finger and there gone Ava. They can't be converted back. They'll have to be killed Ava.

Be careful honey

Love Dad x

I thought carefully. It would be best to choose a young looking zombie, preferebly around my age, a few years older maybe. Then, they could help me turn others back into humans. A boy would be stronger physically and mentally than a girl, so that would probably be better.

I entered the HQ my Dad had described, Coco following, trotting elegantly at my heel. It was science fiction looking, a lot of silver. I saw about a hundred bottles of Avanibe. My heart began pounding at the sight of them.

Could I really do this?

I was only thirteen.

How was I meant to restore the human race?

One Zombie at a time I suppose.

But first, I would have to catch a Zombie.

Without getting killed of course.

**********************************************************************************************************

PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT.

I WILL TRY AND UPDATE SOON BUT I HAVE A FAB NEW IDEA FOR A STORY, AND I NEED TO WRITE IT BEFORE I FORGET.

BUT I WILL TRY.

THANK YOU LOVE YOU ALL.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <3<3<3<3<3