The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 4)

Nervously, I peered around the desolate park. No zombies could be seen. I sighed, this could take longer than I expected. I mean, I didn't just expect to go outside and just find my dad, but I at least thought he'd be somewhere nearby.

I heard rustling in the bushes.

I raised the dart gun.

More rustling.

I took aim.

3...2...1

A zombie emerged from the bush, groaning as it did so. I gasped. The zombie had on one of my Dads favourite outfits.

It was him.

Daddy.

I looked at the scratches on his wrist. The were not even a finger nails worth of them. Thrilled, I shot the dart at him, he moaned in pain then dropped to the floor.

For a moment I thought that I'd got confused and really shot him with a bullet not the Avanibe. But then he groaned again. I hurried over and began to drag his body into the HQ. He tried to fight but the Avanibe seemed to have paralysed him. I hoped that it wasn't permanent.

I pulled him down the hole, locking the door behind us. Coco greeted us by barking. I shushed her and hauled dad's body into the lab. Dad had provided a giant cage. It was a bit ironic me locking dad in his own cage but it had to be done. I grabbed a syringe of Avanibe and injected it into Dads wrist. He groaned but then he looked into my eyes.

"Ava" Dad moaned

"Hello Daddy" I whispered to him.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Please vote and comment

Thanks for reading

I love you all

Xxxxxxxxxx