The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 10)

General James Stark walked into the board room. Captain Duncan Chase ordered his men to stand and salute, and they obliged.

"At ease soilders" Stark ordered.

"General Stark sir-" Chase began

"Chase, let's just get staight to the point. Where's the girl?"

The whole room fell silent.

"You mean Ava?"

The soilders turned to face the man in the dark corner of the room. The whites of his eyelids were the only part of his face that could be seen.

"Speak up soilder" Stark demanded

"Kain, general Stark, my names Kain"

"That's all very well Kain, but what about the girl? Amy did you say? Or was it Alice?"

"Ava sir, her names Ava"  A lump was caught in the young soilders throat. He had known Ava.

That's why he knew he had to find her.

"Ava then.  Do you know where she is?" Stark inquired

"No. None of us do." Kain replied, avoiding eye contact with his general.

The room fell into a deathly silence once again.

"Well, that is what we're here for. To find her." Stark ordered.

"What if we don't? What then?" Kain announced darkly

Stark drew his face very close to Kain's.

"You got a lot a nerve for a young 'un. Not always a good thing" Stark whispered in Kain's ear.

The general often tried to intimidate his army. But Kain was not afraid. He'd fight for his beliefs.

Or for Ava.

Kain became intoxicated just thinking about her. She was his everything.

Stark stood up straight again. He turned to face the rest of his army. The army he'd worked so hard to assemble in this troubled time.

He would destroy those zombies if it killed him.

Most times it nearly did.

He cleared his throat, and began to speak again.

" Men, this is probably the single most important thing you will have ever been trusted with. The mission is to find the girl. Find Ava."

The expression on his face could only be described as grave.

The men stood up and left the room.

Kain lingered slightly, debating whether or not to go for round two with general Stark. He decided against it, and shaking his head, he left the room.

Stark, alone in the board room, walked to the cabinet to pour himself a strong drink. He gulped it down thirstly, the liqueur burning his throat. Coughing, he poured himself another drink, but instead walked to the window with the cold glass gripped in his hand.

Stark peered out into the apocolyptic world. He couldn't understand how anyone could live alone in this world. Especially not a frightened, 13 year old girl.

Even if she was the saviour.

This was why it was top priority to find out where she was and to find her, Stark thought, gulping the drink down.

He put the glass on the window sill, still peering out into the dead world.

If we can't find Ava, Stark thought to himself, there's no hope for humanity.

THE END

FOR NOW.

*******************************************************************************************************

I might write a sequel. Should I?

Tell me if you want me to!

Who you guys liking more at the minute?

Stark or Kain?

Comment and tell me!

Also, vote!!!!!

Thanks for reading!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx