The Dead I Live With (Chase's Chapter 2)

Hey! Sorry for the long update wait, but I am on holidays in Turkey!! Gobble gobble! Lol. Okay, this is Chase's chapter 2! Enjoy!!

The pure blackness of the ceiling made my eyes go funny and see spots. I couldn't sleep, too many thoughts running around my head. I shifted on the bed, and Cammy groaned. I sighed.

Another night without Ava.

Cammy rolled over in her sleep, placing a hand on my leg. She began to tap her fingers, trying to make me excited. Let's just say it didn't work, and I was as flat as a pancake and as hard as jelly down there. She groaned, not one to like failure, and began to rub instead. She began moaning in pleasure, trying to seduce and entice me with the sound of her voice.

Same effect.

"Chase!!!" She moaned, hitting my leg, and rolling over, so she was facing away from me.

"What Cammy?" I asked, trying not to show the irritation in my voice

"Stop thinking about Ava!!" She commanded, but I still couldn't stop. I rubbed my eyes with my hands, then swung up, so I was sat up on the bed. I reached down the side of the bed, and pulled my shoes onto my feet.

"Dunkie? Where are you going?" Cammy asked, but I didn't reply. In the silence that followed, I was sure I could hear Cammy's blood boiling with fury "Never mind!!" She said eventually, her voice laced with venom, "I know where you're going!!!! Your going to wait for her!!! You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you loved her more than you do me!!"

"That's because" I do, I finished in my head, but out loud I simply trailed off.

"Fine then!!" Cammy snapped, "Is that why you won't sleep with me? Hmm? Is that why you won't give me the full commitment of love? "

"I'm going!!" I finalised, and thank god, she shut her yapping trap.

I walked out the door, slamming it behind me.

The cool night air was refreshing, but it didn't stop the sweat dripping down my forehead, nor did it stop my palms going sweaty. The same ritual every night.

I couldn't be with out her this long.

I marched over to the chain link fence, and hooked my fingers through the gaps. I pressed my damp forehead to the chilly metal, and peered out into the unmistakable blackness. I strained my eyes, trying to find her. Nothing.

I swore, and slammed an angry fist against the metal. It crashed, and made a sound that made my ears bleed. Why wasn't she back yet? The tests had already told me she couldn't be turned into a zombie, so why had she not come back to Isu, to Kain, to Stark.

And most importantly, me.

The pain of having Ava gone was driving a real big wedge in between Cammy and I. She didn't understand just how much Ava meant to me.

Means to me.

I know she's still alive. I can feel it. I know it sounds mad, but I swear that sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can hear her blood pumping around in her veins. I'd tried to tell Cammy about it, but she assumed I'd gone crazy. Then she'd switch the topic to trying to get my pants off me. Cammy was undoubtedly a little older than me, so obviously had more experience in this specific field. I wanted my first time to be special, and Cammy just didn't get that. To her, sex was just sex. Plain and simple. But, more to the point, I didn't want to do Cammy because she did nothing for me. I didn't find her laugh cute, her eyes sparkly, or her accent sweet. She was just another girl. Basically, she didn't turn me on the way....

The way Ava does.

I'm stupid. Men are stupid. We say stupid things to avoid something we really want, and end up banging the blond bimbo. But I still felt I had my reasons.