The Dead I Live With (Chapter 4)

Back in the medic room, Chase was unusually quiet, and I couldn't blame him. He bandaged both my hands again, although the first one I injured was almost healed.

"I want to run some tests" Chase blurted, and I stared at him, blank faced. Did he see the blood thing too? Was he planning on killing me?

"Tests? What kind of tests?"

"I want to take a blood sample"

"THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH ME!!!" I screamed, panicked. Chase looked alarmed.

"I meant, to check to see if your body's been advanced my some sort of infection to your blood stream" I sighed, relieved, and Chase nodded. "I also want to perform some physical tests"

Colour flooded to my cheeks, and I suddenly felt very hot.

"You know, like running and jumping and stuff like that" Chase went on, and I could of killed myself.

"Oh. Okay. But we're keeping this between us, or I'm out of here" I threatened, and Chase agreed.

"Yeah, General Stark would have my head if he found out I'd been running tests on his precious saviour" Chase said, and I smiled.

"So we're starting right now?"

"Yeah, if you wanna"

"Let's do it" I followed Chase out the medic room, I stuck close to him, because he was still speaking, only now it was in hushed tones.

"I can't do the blood tests and things now, I need some equipment. The next mission into town is in a couple of weeks. We get some stuff then" Chase whispered

"I can't wait a couple of weeks. Chase, I need girls clothes. My bra's starting to fray, and I need some clean underwear, I can't were men's, even if it is the apocolypse. Please Chase, can't there be a faster outing?" I begged, and Chase shook his head, stopping in front of me.

"There's nothing we can do."

"I'll sneak out. The fence isn't high, I could probably jump it. It's only a bit taller than the tree, 9 or 10 feet at the most. Just give me a gun and I'll be fine. I'll go now. I'll see you later" I turned to walk away, but Chase's firm grip on my arm stopped me.

"Are you crazy? You'll get yourself killed!" Chase asked me seriously

"If I have to wear men's underwear, I'll end up killing myself anyway. C'mon Chase."

"No Ava" Chase started to walk away.

"Come with me!" I called after him, and her turned round, and marched back to me.

"What?!" He demanded

"Come out with me. I can easily lift you over too. We won't get caught, I promise. C'mon Chase, Kain would do it. Live on the wildside. You know you want to get out of here just as much as I do. Please."

I could see him considering it.

"We don't have to sneak out. I could talk Stark into it. He's wrapped around my little finger. Please, Chase, come with me" I pleaded, and he sighed.

He sighed in defeat.

"YES!" I punched the air, and ran to Stark's office.

I knocked on the door, and Chase appeared behind me.

"Come in" Stark bellowed, and I opened the door.

I hopped in, and Chase walked in nervously.

"Hello, general Stark" I chirped cheerily.

"Ava, my dear, what can I do for you?" Stark asked

Right, Ava this is gonna have to be good.

This place is run like clockwork, they barely leave, and fighting zombies is a new thing for them.