The Dead I Live With (Chapter 17)

Nearly at 4000 reads!!! Thanxxx so much to you all!! And, I my total votes is now over 200!! Thanxxxxxxx so much, I love you like a love song!! I'm a Selena Gomez fan......

*******************************

I felt Chases arms scoop me up, and rush me to the hospital. For the life of me, I couldn't open my eyes, and had to rely on my other senses.

I couldn't talk either. Chase kept trying to get me to talk to him, all the way from where I collapsed, to when he laid me down on the operating table.

"Ava, Ava, stay with me Ava, talk to me, Ava" Chase begged, removing the makeshift bandaged from around my waist. He then tipped some ointment on it, and it really stung, but I couldn't move or scream.

It was like I was in a coma.

Like a mannequin, I had to lie there and let Chase do whatever to me. He was really fussing, and I wanted to tell him to knock it off, I was fine, but I couldn't.

I heard the door slam, and someone march over to me. Eyes were burning into me, and I didn't like it. Who was it?

"What happened here Captain?" A mans voice said, but too husky to define who it was.

"I dint know General. She staggered out with the little girl, and she says that there's a zombie dog on the loose. There been no sightings, but noones really bothered to look, too busy trying to sort Ava and the little girl out"

"So the zombie dogs a hallucination?"

"Most likely" Chase replied, and I felt offended. Im not hallucinating. I know that Coco is in this camp, but the question is, how did she get in? And the little girl, where did she come from?

"Right"

"Stark" Chase began, and I discovered the present hoverer was Stark. "I... I" the lump in Chases throat was obvious.

"What Chase?" Stark asked, his voice.... Concerned for once.

"Ava's blood type. It's zombie. We'd need zombie blood to fix her, and she's more likely to become one of them, than stay human. And we need zombie blood, and shes lost a lot. We don't have enough to fix her, unless we use the little girls"

"No" Stark answered quickly and firmly "Not the girls"

"But Stark sir-"

"No Captain. Stand down" Stark ordered, voice harsh.

I heard footsteps, and the door opening. No guess to who was leaving.

"Ava will die sir" Chase snapped, and I heard Stark storm back over to him. Breath held, I listened as Stark and Chase confronted each other.

Thats when I heard the fist impact with the face.

My eyes shot open, and I leapt up from the table, eyes blaring, and meeting with Starks. He stared at me, but I wore him down, my cold silver eyes , so dark they were almost black, and he looked away- ashamed.

I stood in front of Chase, and watched as Stark shuffled to the door. He looked back at me, but I was fierce and defiant, and would not be beaten again.

The door slammed as Stark walked through it, and I turned round to face Chase. He look pale, like I was a ghost, or that I'd come back from the dead.

"Ava, that's not possible" Chase muttered, still shocked.

A surge of pain went through me, and I clutched my stomach, stumbling forward. Chase caught me, and I took a deep breath. I regained my balance and stood up again.