Chapter 39: The Fight

Since that little conversation Oikawa and Iwaizumi had they'd taken a few days off from talking. Three to be exact.

"Bro you gotta hit it lower I can't spike it." Antonio called out.

"Yeah sorry about that." Oikawa re does the serve.

"Too low." Antonio grunted. "What's up with you bro?"

"Huh?" Oikawa asked half zoned out.

"You've been out of your game since the past two days is everything alright?"

"Yeah ye-" Oikawa was cut off by Jake jogging over to where Oikawa and Antonio stood.

"Girl problems." Jake said wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"You got yourself a girl?" Antonio asked or more like stated and made a 'Oooo' sound.

"Whats her name?" Antonio asked but was cut off by the couch calling the boys.

Jogging up to the coach Oikawa remember Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi and Oikawa always had a race to who'd get there first. Obviously Iwaizumi would win and Oikawa would lose. Even though Iwaizumi knew he had knee surgery Iwaizumi still didn't go easy on him. Always kept him on his toes.

Once Oikawa asked Iwaizumi why he's so competitive with him. Like Oikawa knew Iwaizumi had be competitive since they were kids but he'd never actually been competitive competitive with Oikawa since highschool that's when the serious competitiveness began. It was not just in studies that Iwaizumi had leverage over since they were kids. But in sports. When it came to practice and the annual jogging of the ground and weight lifting.

So Oikawa asked once Iwaizumi why he was being like that. And Iwaizumi replied 'you got knee surgery right?' Oikawa nodded to that 'I don't want to be lazy-kawa'.

Oikawa didn't realize it then but after a few years understood what Iwaizumi was trying to do. Iwaizumi was doing exactly what they did as kids and didn't change at all after Oikawa's knee surgery. He didn't go easy on him. Not for one second. And that he did because he wanted Oikawa to motivated in the sense not feel like people were going easy on him and treating him special.

By the time Oikawa had realized that it was too late. They had the messiest of a fight and had graduated.

"Did you hear what coach said." Jake asked nudging Oikawa in the shoulder.

"Huh?" Oikawa asked once again lost to what was happening in front of him cause he zoned out once again.

"Dude you really need to call your girl." Jake said in concern.

"Uh...yeah I should do that" Oikawa replied rubbing the back of his head.

"And as you'd zoned out while coach talked to us....He's invited us to one of his friends club tonight to celebrate."

"To celebrate?" Oikawa asked confused.

"It's his 50th birthday." Jakes replied "the old man is half a century old." Jake laughed.

"Yeah lol." Oikawa replied.

"Bro since when did you start using 'lol'?" Jake asking chuckling.

"Picked it up when I was back home." Oikawa smiled remembering how Isuzu used that word a lot and soon got Oikawa to use it as well.

"Well I like it...it's very...youthful?" Jake laughed it off.

Heading to the showers Oikawa took a quick shower when he came out he saw he'd had a message on his phone.

"What happened 😑?" From Makki.

Oikawa was just in a pair of boxer and had a towel around his neck.

"Why do you ask?" Oikawa messaged back.

"Iwaizumi has been a bit off these days....so spill." Makki replied.

"What happened?" Oikawa replied instantly in worry.

"That's what I'm asking you, idiot." Makki replied.

"We just had a misunderstanding on call." Oikawa told Makki.

"Mind telling me?" Makki asked.

"It's just the long distance thing was bugging me. I was missing him and asked him if he was missing me and you know what he replied??? He's waited two years a few months wouldn't be hard and then I told him-" Oikawa accidentally pressed send.

Sighing he continued to type. "I told him that unlike him I've had my fair share of relationships." Oikawa texted.

"You what???" Makki replied. "Are you mad? Like have you learned nothing??"

"What do you mean?" Oikawa texted back confused.

"It wasn't an option for him and the fact he opened up to you again was a huge thing and then you tell the man that you can't wait for him any longer that's just wrong!" Makki replied to Oikawa over text. Oikawa could tell Makki was pissed at him.

"Call Iwaizumi." Makki wrote in the text then went offline.

Sighing Oikawa took a seat on one of the benches in the locker room. He picked up his phone and dialed Iwaizumi number.

Oikawa got up and heading to the area where the showers was as more players had started to come in the locker room and he didn't want them listening to him.

The phone ring three times and by the sixth one Oikawa sighed and looked up in to his reflection in a mirror he looked sleep deprived which he was as he couldn't stop thinking about that conversation he had with Iwaizumi. And how should've thought before saying that.

To keep his mind off the topic he'd completely exhausted himself practicing everyday and playing over time. But by doing so he'd given out his energy completely and today was the result of it. He couldn't even set the ball properly.

"You've reached Iwaizumi's voice call please leave a message after the beep..."

"Call me back please." Oikawa sent the voice message.

____________________
Instagram: weebcheck2020