Chapter 4: You smoke?

"Makki was busy so he asked me to drop her home," Oikawa explained to Iwaizumi.

"By the way where is your wife?" Oikawa asked. "I assumed she'd be home but I guess she's the working type, huh?" Iwaizumi didn't reply.

"She must have late working hours cause it's already getting dark," Oikawa continued.

"I guess." Iwaizumi replied loosening his tie.

"What do you mean guess?" Oikawa asked. "You should know when your wife-"

"We aren't together." Iwaizumi cut Oikawa off. 

"Oh.." is all that left Oikawa's lips. "I didn't know." He continued. He didn't know what to do. He had this sudden feeling emerge in him was it sadness? or happiness? he couldn't tell.

Coming to his senses Oikawa followed Iwaizumi into his bedroom. This is awkward Oikawa thought you himself. Entering the room he was hit with a rich scent of smoke. Looking around the room he saw clothes flung around, alcohol bottles and cigarettes in an ashtray on the bedside table. The room was a mess.

"You got a problem say it." Iwaizumi told Oikawa looking irritated.

"What...I don't-" Oikawa started then his eyes fell on the picture frame thrown in the corner of the room. It was of a woman dressed in a white dress holding her baby bump smiling. That must be Iwaizumi's wife.

"I can see it on your face, you've got something to say" Iwaizumi repeated himself looking more irritated than before.

"You smoke?" Oikawa finally asked.

"Yes, you have a problem with it?" He asked walking towards the cabinet.

"It's bad for you, you know-"

"Anything else?" He asked turning around to face Oikawa.

"Iwachan I-"

"Daddy I got you some water." Isuzu chimed in.

"Thank you, Zuzu" Iwaizumi thanked her taking the glass of water from her tinny hands.

"Uncle Oikawa you are you staying for dinner?" Isuzu asked in the sweetest voice ever.

"I'd-" Oikawa started but was cut off.

"He's gotta get going-"

"Come on uncle Oikawa I have so many more questions to ask!" Isuzu frowned. "Plus daddy promised to make hotpot today."

"Maybe another time." Oikawa smiled kneeling down to Isuzu. He pets her head.

"Noooo!" Isuzu whined. "Please stay uncle Oikawa," she turned to Iwaizumi "come on daddy please ask him to stay."

Oikawa and Iwaizumi shared a look before Iwaizumi spoke. "I've got ingredients for two people only."

Oikawa could tell Iwaizumi really didn't want him to stay but something in Oikawa made him want to stay for dinner. He had this feeling he couldn't describe it.

"It's okay daddy," Isuzu spoke. "I don't mind sharing with uncle Oikawa." She smiled at Oikawa with her pearly whites.

Now Oikawa stood in the kitchen putting on the table while Iwaizumi started with the hot pot. Putting the table Oikawa occasionally looked up to catch a glimpse of Iwaizumi.

He was still in his work clothes with sleeves rolled up all the way up showing his biceps. A light pink apron around his neck with Isuzu on his side handing him the vegetables to chop next. He looked like the perfect stay home dad. Oikawa thought to himself.

*Thank you for the meal* They clapped hands and started eating.

_______________________

I know this is kinda short but I've got a lot in store for this story so please bare with me :)