Chapter 9: Catch me if you can

"I was in love with you."

Oikawa was left speechless. Iwaizumi just told him he loved him. He never thought he'd ever heard that from Iwaizumi.

"I love-"

"But it was back then." Iwaizumi cut Oikawa off.

"Back then?"

"When we were together but now we're not." Iwaizumi said looking up at the sky.

"Let's head back." Iwaizumi said before turning around ready to jog back.

"Wait-" Oikawa called out before tripping but getting hold of Iwaizumi's shirt and pulling him to fall back.

Iwaizumi fell on top of Oikawa. And getting up halfway on his hands Iwaizumi met Oikawa's gaze and they both paused in place. Staring into one another's eyes.

Oikawa brought his hand up to touch Iwaizumi's face but he looked the other way but that didn't stop Oikawa he still cupped Iwaizumi's face from the left side. And he didn't pull back this time.

Iwaizumi's face was so warm that it didn't seem like even was winter. Oikawa took a big gulp before opening his mouth.

"You know I loved you too." Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa once more. This time they both held each other's gaze like it was a competition.

"Come on let's go," Oikawa said removing his hand from Iwaizumi's cheek as much as he didn't want to he had to.

Both of them got up and dusted their clothes. Oikawa looked at the sky the sun was rising. The sky colors started to change from a dark blue to a lighter shade with yellow rays shooting through.

"Shit Imma be late." Iwaizumi cussed to himself.

"What's wrong?" Oikawa asked.

"I need to get going." He jumped up and down getting his body ready to run again.

"Let's go Iwachan." Said before running ahead of Iwaizumi.

"Catch me if you can!" Oikawa shouted running way ahead of Iwaizumi.

"Oh just you wait." Iwaizumi told him running after him.

Both stood in front of Iwaizumi's house breathing heavily.

"How did you win even though I had a head start!" Oikawa exclaimed breathing loudly.

"Cause you suck at running." Iwaizumi smiled.

That smile made butterflies erupt in Oikawa's stomach. This was the first time Iwaizumi smiled at Oikawa. A genuine smile.

"Come on," Iwaizumi motioned to Oikawa to come in. "I'll give you a painkiller."

"Painkiller?" Oikawa asked following behind Iwaizumi into the house.

"I noticed you started limping halfway." Iwaizumi replied.

"You truly are a doctor." Oikawa laughed taking a seat on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"I've gotta wake up Isuzu," Iwaizumi told Oikawa "can you get the coffee going?" He asked.

"Yeah sure," Oikawa asked astonished that Iwaizumi was being so nice to him suddenly after being so cold for the past few days. But he didn't complain. He liked it. Felt like things could smoothen out.

Putting the pot full of water on the stove he took his seat back. His foot really did hurt but he didn't want it to come in between Iwaizumi and his run. He enjoyed it actually minus the excruciating pain running through his ankle.

Iwaizumi finally came back into the kitchen and handed Oikawa a panadol.

"For the pain," he said. "I'm gonna go for the shower if Isuzu comes down tell her to have cereal today cause we're getting a bit late."

"Sure," Oikawa replied.

He was being treated like a friend, not a foe anymore. He thought to himself and smiled.

"Uncle Oikawaaaa," Isuzu shouted before jumping into Oikawa's arms.

"What're you doing here?" She asked Oikawa.

"I was out on a run with your dad," Oikawa replied Still smiling. He couldn't wipe that smile off his face.

"Your dad said to have cereal today cause he's running a bit late." He told her.

"Okiii" she replied running to the fridge to get the milk and cereal out.

Iwaizumi finally came back into the kitchen. Dressed in a black button-down dress shirt with a pair of khaki-colored dress pants.

He looked hot.

That's the first thought that crossed his mind when he saw Iwaizumi. He thanked the lord he didn't say that out loud.

"Here," Oikawa got up and poured some coffee in a mug for Iwaizumi.

"Thanks" he replied taking a huge gulp of it.

"That boiling hot!" Oikawa exclaimed. Shocked as to how Iwaizumi gulped such hot coffee like it was nothing.

"It was okayish." He replied. Continuing to drink the boiling hot coffee.

"You done?" Iwaizumi asked Isuzu. Trying to button the cuffs of his shirt but miserably failing.

"Here let me do that." Oikawa offered.

"Nah it's fine." Iwaizumi replied still being unable to button the cuffs.

Oikawa moved forward to help him but Iwaizumi pulled back.

"I said got it." He said in a stern voice taking Oikawa aback. He was completely okay with me just a few moments back what happened? Oikawa asked himself.

"Daddy let me do it," Isuzu told Iwaizumi getting up and buttoning the cuffs. "They're all done," she said.

"Now let's go Imma be late." She said before skipping out of the kitchen.

"Come on I'll drop you off." Iwaizumi motioned to Oikawa to follow him.

______________________

Now wasn't that nice of Iwaizumi:))