Chapter 66: Souvenir

Oikawa stood there watching the love of his life clinging to his wife as their daughter was rushed out of the room. Oikawa wanted to push her away and take her position. Oikawa wanted to be whom Iwaizumi could cry to and find comfort. But this wasn't the time to be a jealous.

He couldn't stand to see them any longer as it ached his heart and he slowly walked backwards until he reached the door frame and turned around and dashed out of there.

Oikawa kept running until he reached a hall way which was unfamiliar to him. Looking and the left he saw some rooms and on his right there were more.

As he walked through the unfamiliar hallway he came to a halt as he saw two parents crying as a doctor hung her head down. As he walked past the couple he heard.

"I'm sorry Mister and Misses Chou but your daughter didn't make it."

The mother fell down on her knees as her husband bent down to her level and hugged her. Oikawa saw the doctor turn to look at Oikawa but swiftly moved his head straight and walked further in to the long never ending hallway.

Reaching a dead end Oikawa found a few chairs on the side for people to wait most probably and there was no one there so he took a seat there.

Sighing Oikawa held is head in his hands. He couldn't believe he'd just ran out of the room leaving Iwaizumi there alone....

'No! I've gotta fight through this...'

'Can I?'

Oikawa asked himself.

'YES I WILL!'

Taking a deep breath Oikawa straighten his back and looked up at the frost white celling. Standing up Oikawa started navigating his way back to Room 14.

After asking a few people passing by the hallways Oikawa made his way back to the hallway he'd run out of. Reaching the room door he carefully opened it to see Isuzu was back in the room piped up as she'd been before but this time with the nurse was putting some circular sticky stickers on her forehead which was connected to some wires.

"Uncle Oikawa!" Isuzu said in a cheerful yet drained out voice.

"Zuzu..." Oikawa took Isuzu's nickname as he walked towards her.

"Sir can you please keep a distance." The nurse said holding a hand out.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Oikawa apologized.

"It's alright, Sir." The nurse replied back. "Sir if you don't mind can I ask you a question?" The nurse asked.

"Um, sure." Oikawa replied back.

"Have you come here before?" The nurse asked. "You look very familiar."

'Shit! This is gonna be bad....'

Oikawa cursed to himself. If news spreed he's in Miyagi it's gonna be-

"Ah, yes the boy that kept screaming you'd broken your ankle and never be able to play." The nurse chuckled.

"Oh! I remember you." Oikawa said in a surprised tone. "You're the nurse I had when I injured my ankle."

The nurse nodded.

"Yeah.." Oikawa scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Daddy told me that story!" Isuzu chimed in. "He said you were crying like a baby." Isuzu chuckled and so did the nurse before covering her mouth.

"Sorry-"

"It's alright." Oikawa cut off the nurse from apologizing.

"Uncle Oikawa what's in the bag?" Isuzu asked as she pointed at the cross bag Oikawa had on his back.

"Oh," Oikawa scratched the back of his neck and gave a nervous smile.

He couldn't tell her that the bag was with his training gear as he had to go to training after the ultrasound but ran to catch and plane and didn't even bother to go stop home and get a change of clothes.

"What're you hiding in there?" Isuzu lifted an eyebrow. "Did you get me souvenirs?"

That reminded Oikawa of the pink kimono he'd picked up at the Tokyo airport as he waited for a cab to the train station.

"Actually..." Oikawa unzipped his cross back and pulled out a dark blue bag with golden flowers.

"OMG OMGGG WHAT IS IT!!!" Isuzu jumped up.

"Darling please sit back." The nurse told her.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself." Isuzu smiled shyly. "Anyways...what is it???" Isuzu asked eagerly.

"Let's see..." Oikawa said as he handed her the bag.

Isuzu quickly took out the kimono and her eyes lit up.

"OH MY GOD I LOVE IT UNCLE OIKAWA!!" Isuzu exclaimed and jumped ahead to hug Oikawa getting a hiss from the nurse.

_________________

It was a cute (at least the end) Chapter...and.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY OIKAWA !!!