Chapter 56: What happened?

It's been quite a few weeks since Iwaizumi last spoke to Oikawa. Approximately almost a month. Iwaizumi hadn't forgotten about the events that took place last month but he chose to look past them and focus on the present. He'd got a lot of things to worry about. Starting from Isuzu's operation coming up to his work and his parents who'd almost gotten killed in a crash crash accident due to some idiot who'd been drunk driving in the evening.

Iwaizumi's father was almost sixty years of age and nearing retirement whereas his mother was once a teacher and now a tutor giving tuitions to little kids from primary classes.

One evening when Iwaizumi's parents were on their way back home from grocery shopping their car got hit by some eighteen something year old kid who was probably spoiled enough to have his own car at such a young age that too driving under the influence.

If it wasn't for the few people that held him back when he got to the place of the accident he would've beaten the kid to pulp. His father had injured his his neck and his mother had injured her left arm but not fractured with some glass bruises on both of his head and faces.

His father was still at the hospital but doing his work on the computer from here whereas his mother had gone back home but Iwaizumi would go check up on her daily.

"Doctor Iwaizumi your new patient in waiting in your office." The nurse told Iwaizumi.

"Okay," Iwaizumi said as he exited the emergency room where he'd been checking a boys sprained arm which happed due to he fell off his bike.

Entering his office he noticed the familiar lady with light brown locks and brown eyes that matched-

"Hello, auntie." Iwaizumi greeted Oikawa's mother.

"Oh darling Iwaizumi I didn't expect you to be my new doctor." She smiled as she stood up to shake Iwaizumi's hand.

"Auntie please sit down, no need for formalities." He smiled back at her.

As a child she'd always been like a second mother to Iwaizumi. He'd almost be at her house so he basically lived there as his mother would usually be out during the days due to being a professor at a university as well as a teacher of a primary school. She loved teaching and children but way more then her own child. Even when she'd home she would always be tired and in here room while Iwaizumi did the cleaning of the house and cooking. It's not like she was a bad mother she was just...

"So auntie where are you having pain?" Iwaizumi asked shaking the thoughts out of his head.

"I've been having problems walking." She told Iwaizumi as he typed it in his computer. "And my knees seems to hurt when I bend down."

"Have you started walking a lot recently?" Iwaizumi asked facing her.

"I started going to the park for a jog recently." She told Iwaizumi.

"Oh okay," Iwaizumi said as he typed some more stuff in his computer. "I suggest you don't go jogging..." Iwaizumi nervously laughed lowly while scratching the back of his neck.

"Why don't you stop jogging and instead go for a walk."

"Oh okay." She nodded.

"But I'll take a look at them first." Iwaizumi said leading her to the stretcher bed in the corner of the room.

Iwaizumi examined her knees and felt a few bumps.

"By any chance are you diabetes?" Iwaizumi asked straighten up he felt a bit dizzy so he grabbed the table beside him.

"Darling have you ever seen me eat sweets?" She chuckled. "On the other hand Oikawa has two sweet tooth's."

Iwaizumi just gave a forced smile as even though he'd pushed past the subject it wasn't like small things such as just this mention of Oikawa's love for chocolates and milk bread in particular reminded him of an old memory. Of when the cafeteria had only one milk bread left and Oikawa legit used his flirting charm with a girl so she'd give it to him.

Idiot.

Iwaizumi smiled.

'Stop it!' Iwaizumi told himself as he mentally slapped himself.

"I'll give you some vitamins and a syrup," Iwaizumi said as he came back to his seat.

Just then a phone started ringing and the sound could be traced to her bag.

"Oh my it's Oikawa calling!" She exclaimed answering the phone call.

"Darling!" She exclaimed. "How have you been?" She asked Oikawa.

"I'm good." Oikawa replied.

"What about you?" Oikawa asked her.

"I've been better, honey." She smiled into the camera.

"Why? What happened?" Oikawa asked in concern.

"Just having some knee pains." She told Oikawa. "Nothing too serious." She continued flapping her hand like it was nothing.

"Mom-" Oikawa started but was cut off by her.

"I'm alright now darling," she assured Oikawa. "With a new amazing physiotherapist like Iwaizumi I'll be better in no time-"

"Iwachan is your-"

"Here auntie," Iwaizumi said. "I've written down your prescribed medication and you have to take it for a week then come back-"

"Would you like to-" Oikawa mom started but was cut off by Iwaizumi.

"I'm really busy right now." Iwaizumi said.

"Oh it's alright darling." She told Iwaizumi with a soft smile.

"I have to go now auntie..." Iwaizumi said taking a deep breath to keep him steady and left the office. He heard some small talk going on between them but he didn't pay much kind to it.

On his way out Iwaizumi felt a bit dizzy. 'I should probably have something to eat.' Iwaizumi thought to himself. Last night he'd gotten home late from his shift and headed to bed straight without having dinner and then this morning after his jog he'd had to come in earlier than usual to fill in for doctor Kim who'd gone into labour over night. So he'd barely eaten a anything and only had a smoke a bit back on his break.

Everything stared getting blurry.

'Ah fuck.'

Iwaizumi cursed out before everything went black and he fainted.

__________________
I'm trying to do something different...with giving perspectives of each individually. So how do you like it?

And the artwork is by my beautiful Milkbread_kakiyue