Chapter 69: Kisses

Suzuki was staying at a nearby hotel and had gone back there for the night and told Iwaizumi she'll be back in the morning. As Iwaizumi bid his goodbye to Suzuki from the hospital cafe he headed back the the first floor where his daughter was with his...ex-boyfriend.

Reaching the room 104 Iwaizumi opened it to have his eyes lay on Oikawa sleeping on the edge of the hospital bed with Isuzu cuddling him as if he was a big teddy bear.

With his legs curved Oikawa lay in a very uncomfortable position with his back completely arched to fit in to the small hospital bed which wasn't meant for a 6'1 volleyball player.

Sighing Iwaizumi picked Oikawa up in a bridal position and walked over to the sofa and as he was placing him on the sofa he felt Oikawa snuggle against his chest and Iwaizumi stopped midway of putting Oikawa on the sofa.

Taking a deep breath Iwaizumi placed him down on the sofa. The moment he placed Oikawa on the sofa Oikawa took hold on his coat and hung on to it. Iwaizumi squat down do her have the same eye level as Oikawa and carefully tried to removed Oikawa's hand from his coat and that's when Iwaizumi saw the calluses on Oikawa hands.

They didn't look like they'd not even been treated or even give a second glance at.

'Idiot.'

Iwaizumi thought to himself before he got up and went to get the first aid kit in one of the cabinets in the room. Carefully opening it without making too much noise.

Taking one of Oikawa's hands in Iwaizumi's own he cleaned the wounds that were caused due to some calluses that were in really bad condition especially the one on his fingertips.

After cleaning them up Iwaizumi put the medicine on them and started to tape them up. Finally Iwaizumi closed the first aid kit and kept it back.

Iwaizumi came and pulled out an extra blanket from the cabinet and lay it over Oikawa it didn't cover him completely but Iwaizumi tucked in the corner so Oikawa would be covered as much as he could. As Iwaizumi knew he wasn't a big fan of the winters and the hospital keeps it's cooling pretty cold.

As Iwaizumi was about to tuck around Oikawa's waist Oikawa moved making him face his body towards Iwaizumi and curved into a armadillo.

'I wish I could- no you can't....'

Iwaizumi told himself. As Iwaizumi was about to stand up Oikawa said it.

"I love you.."

Oikawa as asleep but saying stuff in your sleep are said to be the things that are the most truest which you hide from telling anyone. And to hear those words stung Iwaizumi.

"I love you too...but you have a family waiting for you."

Sighing Iwaizumi stroked his hand through Oikawa's brown locks one last time before he kissed Oikawa's forehead and walked out the room.

______________

This is just like a small pov of Iwaizumi cause why not....

I promise the next chapter will be longer!!

And please don't forget to vote 🗳💖