Chapter 62: Busy

Pressing down the handle Oikawa opened the door gently until it was open enough to allow Oikawa to enter. Taking one step ahead of another carefully he saw a window in front of him and when he looked to the right there was Isuzu siting up all piped up with pipes going in her nose, a drip connected to her hand.

Tears started to form in his eyes. He covered his mouth so he wouldn't make a sound.

Just then her head lifted from her iPad and smiled ear to ear.

"UNCLE OIKAWA!!!" Isuzu exclaimed.

Oikawa gave her a weak smile.

"Hey, Isuzu." Oikawa said as he walked towards the bed and stood at the edge of the bed.

Isuzu sat on the hospital wearing a light blue hospital dress. She looked paler than pale. Weaker and thin looking like a twig...what had happened to her these past months while he way away? Oikawa asked himself.

"You came to see me..." Isuzu smiled and stretched her hand towards Oikawa. The one with the pipe leading to a drip.

"Of course," Oikawa smiled walking closer to the bed eat sh lay. "How couldn't I?"

"Daddy said you were too busy to see me..." she frowned. "But thank you for making time for me." She smiled.

'He told her I was 'too busy to see her'?'

For some reason Oikawa felt angry.

"I'll always have time for my princess." Oikawa said smiling.

"Lol, what princess looks like a piece of shit."

"Isuzu, you don't look like shit-wait how do you learn that phrase and secondly why are using it?" Oikawa asked.

"Um..daddy uses it a lot..." she said looking down and her hands which she was fiddling with.

"Don't do that." Oikawa said holding her hand without the pipes. "It'll hurt-"

"It already hurts." Isuzu said sighing.

"It'll get better soon." Oikawa said wiggly holding on to her.

"I hope so too..." Isuzu said in a sullen tone.

"Come on have some-"

"Hope?" Isuzu said looking up at Oikawa with tears filling her eyes. "I've lost it all and I think so has-"

"What're you doing here?" A loud booming voice asked from behind Oikawa and he knew exactly who it was.

"I came to see Isuzu." Oikawa stated without turning his face or body to face Iwaizumi.

Oikawa knew he'd have to face Iwaizumi at some point but he didn't want make a scene in front of Isuzu. She didn't need to see anything that were going through between him and Iwaizumi...

"Zuzu," Iwaizumi said as Oikawa heard footsteps come nearer to the hospital bed. "What did you do?" Iwaizumi asked pulling Oikawa to stand up from his collar. "What did you say to her??" Iwaizumi asked angrily.

They finally faced one another and Oikawa paused to see the red puffy eyes with bags underneath. Iwaizumi's face had become thin in the sense his cheek bones were more prominent and his breath smelled like he's just smoked a packet of cigarettes but then had a mint to get rid of the scent.

"You were smoking?" Oikawa said lowly before he repeated the sentence again but louder. "YOU WERE SMOKING?!!??"

"GET OUT." Iwaizumi told Oikawa letting go of Oikawa's shirt's collar.

"How can you smoke when you know you can't around her!" Oikawa said in a subtle but stern voice.

"What are you talking about?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Daddy you were smoking?" Isuzu asked.

"Darling I wasn't-"

"Don't lie." Oikawa said out loud.

"Excuse me?" Iwaizumi gritted his teeth.

"Why can I smell it off you?" Oikawa said as he balled his fists at his sides.

"Did anyone ask you?" Iwaizumi said in a irritated tone.

"Don't lie to her-"

"Did anyone ask YOU?" Iwaizumi said clearly more that just irritated now.

"Daddy you promised you'd stop!" Isuzu said loudly.

"Zuzu I-"

"Excuse me sir," a nurse came in. "We'd appreciate if you could take this outside as-"

"He's just leaving." Iwaizumi cut of the nurse and gave Oikawa the 'get the fuck out' glare.

"Actually I'd appreciate if you both could step out for a minute." A older man spoke.

"Doctor Nanase," Iwaizumi bowed.

"Hello, I'd like to take a check up on our patient here if you don't mind." Doctor Nanase said.

"Yes, of course." Iwaizumi said as he grabbed Oikawa arm and dragged him outside the room and didn't just stop there he dragged Oikawa all the way through the hallway back to where the elevator was.

Some people came out and it was about to close but Iwaizumi held it open with one hand and lead Oikawa in it.

"There you go," Iwaizumi said. "Please leave." Iwaizumi said was about to walk away from leaving Oikawa in the elevator alone.

But just then Oikawa grabbed on to his arm and pulled Iwaizumi back in the elevator and the door closed.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi's eyes locked just for a moment before Iwaizumi frowned.

"What're you doing?" Iwaizumi asked jerking Oikawa hand off from his arm.

"YOU WERE SMOKING!!!" Oikawa exclaimed. "YOU TOLD HER I WAS TOO BUSY TO SEE HER?!?!" Oikawa was fuming up. 

"HOW DARE YOU-"

Before Oikawa could finish that sentence Iwaizumi hugged him. The hug was tight it almost felt like Iwaizumi was aching to hug him that's how tight the hug was for Oikawa and it hurt Oikawa ribs but he didn't mind it he hugged Iwaizumi back tighter.

They were silent just hugging one another. It felt like minutes pass by but it felt like time had paused too. Oikawa felt his shirt dampen from his shoulder and that's when he realized Iwaizumi was crying. Silently crying into Oikawa shoulder.

"Iwa-"

"Don't." Iwaizumi said in a thick ruff voice.

Oikawa didn't say anything else he just hugged back Iwaizumi. They stayed like that until Iwaizumi finally started to pull apart from the hug and Oikawa was scared what was to happen next so he just opened his mouth. He had to say it.

"I'm so-"

Oikawa was left in shock with his eyes open as Iwaizumi's lips crashed on top of Oikawa's. It was as like time froze and so did Oikawa and his actions. He felt like his whole body froze up by that just one contact of Iwaizumi's lips on top of his.

Just how long had Oikawa been craving them. Just how long had Oikawa wanted to hold on to the man he loved and this was his chance. But at the moment he was just frozen he couldn't move his body refused to move a muscle. He couldn't even move his lips in sync because that's how soon Iwaizumi pulled away.

"Sorry." Iwaizumi said as he turned back to face the elevator door.

And just then the elevator door dinged and opened to reveal a women standing in front of the open elevator doors.

"Hajime?"

____________________

How much do you love Zuzu 1-10?

Andddd happy 4th of July to those who celebrate it :))