Chapter 61: Collapse

Oikawa's head was all befuddled. All Oikawa was able to think of was getting back to Miyagi to Isuzu. He caught the last minute flight he didn't pack anything just went empty handed.

In his two hour layover in Dubai he sat in the VIP room holding his head in his hands.

"I hope she's alright..." Oikawa said out loud.

He couldn't stop thinking about what Iwaizumi would be going through right now. He couldn't even relate to how much pain he must be in. To know that your daughter is in the hospital in the operation room...Oikawa couldn't even relate to what he must be feeling. But all Oikawa knew was he had to be next to Iwaizumi and there for Isuzu.

After why felt like over 2 hours it was finally time to take off. Sitting at the window seat. Oikawa sat looking out the window as the plane took off and prayed to god that Isuzu will be okay.

Oikawa had been awake for more than 20 hours and he was so tired but he couldn't sleep his mind kept wondering off...he couldn't help but worry about Isuzu. He loved that girl like she was his own.

'So that's how it is to have a kid...' Oikawa thought to himself. He couldn't help himself from thinking of the worst possible situations and to change that he tried to recall all the good memories.

The time when he'd first met her. In Makki's office a little girl in a black and white uniform walked in and said Iwachan would be working late and Oikawa ended up going to drop her off home. The conversation they had in the car.

Isuzu had asked him his age and then complimented that he looked younger than Iwaizumi and they laughed when they both agreed that Iwaizumi's got wrinkles because he frowns a lot.

Eventually Oikawa had ended up in his house chatting with Isuzu, telling her stories of him and Iwaizumi (minus the dating part).

Checking his phone he checked what time it would be in Miyagi. It was 2am so a new day had started for them there just a few more hours until Oikawa would be back in Japan, Miyagi. The flight was 16 hours.

Oikawa saw he'd gotten a few miss calls from Ivy and an angry text message...

" What the fuck Oikawa??? You left me alone at the clinic do you know how embarrassing that was?? "

He made a mental note to call Ivy when he landed. Sighing Oikawa closed his eyes. He couldn't believe what was happening. How did Isuzu even get into the hospital? Wasn't the treatment working??

Last he'd spoken to Iwaizumi he'd told Oikawa the treatment would work. So why wasn't it??

Putting his hands in his palms Oikawa's eyes started to tear up. He couldn't understand why he was getting so emotional but he was and couldn't help himself. One tear after another started to escape his eyes and that's when he got up as the seat belts sign went off.

Heading to the washroom he locked the door and put the seat down on the toilet and sat and started to sob.

Oikawa didn't want anything to happen to Isuzu she was too precious to him and he couldn't lose her he just couldn't he couldn't imagine Iwaizumi's state. Iwaizumi loved her so much and it showed it showed in Iwaizumi's actions, in his voice on his face.

Whipping his teary eyes Oikawa splashed some water on his face and saw up in the mirror and saw his reflection. He looked like he was the one who was the one in Iwaizumi's position.

Slapping his cheeks hard that they turned red Oikawa told himself he has to get it together for Iwaizumi, for Isuzu he has to be strong enough to be there as a support to them.

Finally landing in Tokyo Oikawa had to take a train on to Miyagi as there were no flights that were going there at the time Oikawa had bought the tickets.

The training ride was drastically long and I made Oikawa's nerves act up even more. Rubbing his sweaty palms he took a deep breath and began to give himself a small pep talk. That turned to be longer than expected as he'd already reached his station mid way his conversation with himself.

Taking a cab Oikawa told the driver the destination. On the way there Oikawa's mind raced panicking thoughts....

'What will Iwaizumi say if he saw him there?'

'Will he get curses sent his way?'

'Would Iwaizumi head butt him or punch him?'

Sighing Oikawa shook his head. He'll just have to listen to his curses from one ear and out the other.

Paying the cab driver Oikawa stood outside the entrance of the hospital. Taking a big breath he took one step after another. Entering through the front door of the hospital the smell of antiseptics with undertones of the artificial fragrance contained in soap scents.

Oikawa looking around him he saw people sitting on the right on chairs some with clipboards filling out forms. Probably new patients and some on the left sat with bandages and walkers waiting for their turn to come.

One child in particular Oikawa's eyes laid on. It was a young boy must've be 10 or 11 at most sitting in the chairs at the left with a oxygen tang on rollers sitting next to him with pipes going in his nose connected to the oxygen tank.

The boy sat there reading a manga completely lost in it. The boys head was bald. Oikawa had an idea of why that must've been but he hoped it wasn't. He couldn't-

"Sir," a lady's voice caught Oikawa'a attention. "May I help you?" She asked in a sweet voice.

A old lady dressed in a pink nurse outfit who was quite short compared to Oikawa stood on his right smiling.

"Are you hurt?" She asked. "Or are you here to see someone?" She continued when Oikawa didn't reply to her first question.

"Yes," Oikawa said. "I'm here to see a patient here under the name of 'Isuzu Iwaizumi' she was admitted-"

"Ah yes she was rushed in the emergency last night." The nurse stated. "The poor child was in so much pain."

Oikawa's heart beat excelled and not in a good way.

"What relationship do you have to her?"

"I'm her uncle." Oikawa stated.

"Uncle?" The nurse asked.

"Yes, I'm her fathers-br-brother." Oikawa gulped.

"Okay," the nurse said as she asked him to follow her to the front desk.

Reaching the front desk Oikawa was handed a lanyard to wear around his neck saying visitor. Then the women directed him to take the elevator to the first floor in room 14.

Oikawa took a deep breath before he clicked the button for the lift to come. It took a minute or two before it came. Some people came out of the elevator but then it was left empty for Oikawa.

'What if Iwaizumi gets mad at me...'

'I can do it!'

'You need to focu-'

The elevator dinged that it had reached floor one. Stepping outside he made his way across the halls looking for the room number 14.

When Oikawa finally found the room he stood outside it. His heart beating a thousand miles a second. It felt like his heart would beat out of his chest. Putting hand on the handle he pressed it down and opened the door.

_________________

Sorry for the cliffhangers I've been doing with the past few chapters :9