Chapter 74: Birthday night

After what was supposed to be a happy day turned in to a very unpleasant day. Iwaizumi sighed loudly as he entered his office and closed the door behind him. Walking over to his coat hanger he took off his white doctors coat and hung it there and took a seat at his chair behind the desk.

Paperwork scattered across his desk. It was a mess he spent around thirty minutes going through the papers making separate stacks of them on his desk. Some were patient reports, some were about Isuzu's condition and others were bills, bills upon bills.

"Ughhh!" Iwaizumi groaned. "I'm so far behind." Iwaizumi put his head in his palms. Shaking his head Iwaizumi grabbed his hair and then let them go.

"I need coffee." Iwaizumi said out loud.

Heading out Iwaizumi headed to the hospital's cafe and grabbed himself a cup of coffee. The cafe's coffee wasn't the best but recently it had become the most delicious thing he'd tasted in a while. Barely having any time on his hands to actually go home and make a meal was way out of the question.

Walking back to his office he took sips of his coffee. On his way back he made contact with a few of his colleges whom were heading home after their shifts.

'What's the time?'

Was a question that Iwaizumi used to ask himself when he was at work and wanted to go home to his daughter but now it's like time doesn't even matter because he needed to use as much as the time he could get at work doing double no almost triple shifts back to back ones exhausting himself to the point he's be barely be able to keep his eyes open but he had to make sacrifices for his daughter cause there was no one else who's going to be doing now.

Reaching his office he saw Suzuki standing outside his office with her back against the wall on her phone.

"There you are!" Suzuki exclaimed walking over to Iwaizumi.

"What're you doing here?" Iwaizumi asked in a monotone tone.

"I can't mange to find a cab," Suzuki said walking over to Iwaizumi. "Drop me back to the hotel?"

"Why can't you find a cab?" Iwaizumi asked.

"It's like almost midnight cabs don't run that late..." Suzuki said.

"Oh.." Iwaizumi's tracking of what time it is of the day has completely gone out of the window.

"You're done with your shift right?" Suzuki asked putting her phone in her bag.

"I thought it was like 10pm or something..." Iwaizumi said checking his phone to look at the time.

"Yeah, so can you drop me?" Suzuki asked.

"I've got a lot of paper work to go through-"

"Look," Suzuki said cutting Iwaizumi off. "I know you hate me and all but can you just put that aside and drop me off?" Suzuki said.

On their way to Suzuki's hotel the ride was silent like only the sound of the air conditioning was there.

"Her hair is falling out..." Suzuki said looking out the window.

"I know..." Iwaizumi replied.

"I can see her ribs..."

"I know..." Iwaizumi gulped.

"She's dying isn't she?" Suzuki asked and Iwaizumi's grip on the steering wheel tightened.

Iwaizumi didn't reply.

"Say something!" Suzuki said a bit loudly turning to face Iwaizumi.

"Tell me she isn't, tell me I'm wrong, tell me-"

"She's not dying," Iwaizumi said.

"That's what you want to hear right?" Iwaizumi said as he parked the car in the underground parking.

"Hajime," Suzuki said as her eyes filled up with tears.

"You have eyes," Iwaizumi said as he turned off the car. "You can see exactly what's happening."

Iwaizumi's eyes started getting glossy making his vision blurry and he used his shoulder to wipe his eye and look up at the car's ceiling.

"You must know there is something-there must be something-something-"

"I'm lost Suzu," Iwaizumi said calling out Suzuki by her nickname. "I don't kn-" Iwaizumi couldn't even complete his sentence there was a lump in his throat and he gulped loudly. "What to do..."

"Come here," Suzuki said as he pulled Iwaizumi towards herself and hugged him over the cars console.

They stayed like that for a few moments as Iwaizumi silently let tears spill. Pulling apart eventually slowly Iwaizumi and Suzuki locked eyes and their noses touched and they rubbed them against one another.

Hot mint mixed with hints of coffee breaths met and before they knew it their lips were on each other's. Slow and steady was the kiss. Theirs lips started working in sync and they kiss started to get hot.

Unbuckling their seatbelts Iwaizumi pulled Suzuki on top of himself as his hands gripped a handful of her brown locks as she tugged on Iwaizumi's bottom lip asking for entrance.

.
.
.
.
.

Clasping her bra back on Suzuki grabbed her dress from under the passenger seat while Iwaizumi buttoned his shirt back.

"You know you fuck pretty straight..." Suzuki said as she pulled her dress on top of her head.

Iwaizumi froze.

"...for a gay guy." Suzuki completed her sentence as she pulled her dress had way down her chest.

"What? You didn't think I knew about you two?" Suzuki asked Iwaizumi as Iwaizumi adverted his eyes from Suzuki.

"I learned about your little relationship after a few years since we'd gotten married." Suzuki said. "I never brought it up because I didn't want to bring up old flames...but I've noticed the way you look at him...and they way he looks at you." Suzuki said as she turned took ten liberty to start buttoning the rest of Iwaizumi's shirt.

"Now straighten up and head back." Suzuki said as she finished up buttoning the last button of Iwaizumi's shirt.

"You know I actually loved you, right?" Iwaizumi spoke.

"I know," Suzuki said as she advert her eye this time.

"But what's not meant to be isn't meant to be."

___________________

Readers: "what's the fuck??"

Me: No comment ✌️

P.s don't forget to vote 🗳