Chapter 73: The big day

"Hurry up uncle Oikawa!" Isuzu said as she motioned for Oikawa to put up the banner.

"It's not sticking," Oikawa said. "Give me more tape."

"Here," Isuzu said as she handed Oikawa another piece of double sided tape.

"I hope daddy doesn't come in yet." Isuzu said turning her head at the door as a slight knock was heard and they both paused.

The door knob twisted and both Isuzu and Oikawa's heartbeat raced.

"Wasn't Suzuki in charge of keeping Iwachan busy??" Oikawa asked in panic.

"Yeah, mom said she was with daddy in his office two minutes ago!!"

The door opened to reveal Makki. Following up behind him was Mattsun and lady Oikawa didn't recognize her but it felt like he'd seen her before.

"Uncle Makki!" Isuzu exclaimed. "You scared us!" Isuzu continued as she walked forward to hug Makki and Mattsun and then she formally shook hands with the lady in purple.

"Oi, what're you doing here?" Mattsun said as his eyes lay on Oikawa.

"I came a da-"

"I thought they-" Mattsun started but Makki elbowed him in the stomach.

"Well, it's great to see you again Oikawa." The lady in purple smiled at Oikawa as she stretched a hand for Oikawa to shake.

"I don't you think you remember me," she chuckled nervously. "But we met briefly at the club..."

"Uh yeah...what club?" Oikawa asked nervously as he shook her hand.

"He was pissed drunk," Makki said. "By the end of the night he could barely even walk back to the car." Makki continued.

"Oh," The lady chuckled and then covered her mouth. "Matty's the same." She continued. "I'm Kou, Mattsun's wife." She re introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you Kou, sorry about uh-"

"It's alright." She smiled.

"Who made the egg sandwiches they are Devine!" Mattsun said as swallowed a bite of the sandwich in his hand.

"Hey!" Isuzu said a bit loudly. "They aren't for eating right now."

"Oops sorry Isuzu." Mattsun apologized.

"You can have that one but no more, okay?" Isuzu said to Mattsun as she walked back to where Oikawa had put up the banner.

"Thanks kiddo." Mattsun said as he finished the sandwich.

"Now honest review," Isuzu said as she turned around to face Makki, Mattsun and Kou. "How does it look?"

"It looks pretty awesome." Makki said.

"I agree with Makki." Mattsun said.

"I think your dad will be very happy." Kou smiled at Isuzu.

"Hehe hope so!" Isuzu said. "Uncle Oikawa did a lot of hard work." Isuzu said turning to face Oikawa.

"Thank you so so so much!" Isuzu hugged Oikawa. She'd actually reached Oikawa's torso this time Oikawa noticed.

"Have you gotten taller Zuzu?" Oikawa asked hugging her back.

"Half a foot last time the doctor checked." Isuzu replied smiling ear to ear.

"Wow that's amazing." Oikawa said as he pulled away from the hug.

"Where's the cake?" Mattsun asked.

"It's over there under the air conditioning." Oikawa pointed on his right.