The Final Battle

Amelie had to cover Estella's mouth at the sight. Hagrid was carrying Harry's body. The boy lay motionless in the half-giant's arms, his face pale and covered in cuts.

"No," Estella whispered, sobs beginning to fill her throat. "No.."

She was joined by McGonagall's, Hermione's, and Ron's cries.

"Now you fools," Voldemort sneered at the Order, who were badly injured and some barely standing. "I have defeated your precious hero." He strode forward, twirling his hand. "Who is to stand in my way?"

"Me," Neville Longbottom stepped forward, his face coated with tears, but determined.

Voldemort began to laugh, a horrible and guttural sound. Several Death Eaters joined him. "Longbottom?" He snorted.

"Yeah," Neville straightened his back with pride. "But not just me." In what seemed to be a trick of light, he tossed a silver object behind him. Right into the hands of Draco Malfoy.

Draco looked a bit worse for wear. He was covered in blood and his hair was matted and coated with black. However, his expression was steely.

Then chaos erupted. A group of centaurs charged the Death Eaters from behind, giving crazed battle cries. A mass of wizards climbed the outer wall from the outside to offer their support to the Order. And Draco, the most pureblood of Slytherins, cut off Nagini's head.

Estella's eyes widened in realization. The snake was the final horcrux. Suddenly she looked around, unable to see Harry's body. "WHERE IS HE?" she called desperately as Amelie dragged her to the side, trying to protect her from being trampled by a giant.

"Not now, Estella!" Amelie gritted her teeth as she dragged her daughter toward the battle. "It's time."

Estella tried to contain the sobs that were still threatening to burst from her chest. Harry was gone. She closed her eyes for a moment before she focused, raising her wand. "Let's go."

She had to jump over Kreacher, who had somehow rallied the House Elves together. Sending a curse over to the mass of Death Eaters, she sent Rabastan tumbling to the ground. Numb, she made her way across the courtyard, hardly registering what was happening around her. Her focus was on Voldemort.

The dark wizard was currently in a heated battle between McGonagall, Kingsley, and Slughorn. Estella watched in horror as a green light nearly grazed the old woman's chest.

"ENOUGH!" Harry stepped out under the invisibility cloak. His emerald gaze shone with life. "This is between you and me, Tom."

Estella couldn't help the sob of relief that escaped her lips. She didn't take her eyes off his figure. "How?"

Amelie looked equally shocked. "I have no idea."

Estella shook her head, pushing her way forward as Voldemort and Harry began to circle each other. Finally, she burst through the crowd and stumbled between the two.

She raised her wand, feeling the skin across her stomach stretch painfully. The crowd gasped. Swallowing, she looked Voldemort into the eyes. "My turn."

"Estella?" Harry sent her a look of horror. "What are you.."

"You mean she didn't tell you, Potter?" Voldemort smirked as he raised his wand at Estella. "How heartbreaking." He surveyed the faces of the wizards gathered. "Why don't we show them, Estella? Or should I say, Penny Blackwood?"

Murmurs began to run through the crowd as Estella felt her gaze burn. Smoke began to trail from Voldemort's wand as a familiar voice filled the air. Voldemort kept his violent gaze on her, seeming to challenge her to speak.

"BEWARE FOR ANOTHER. A CHILD BORN TO ONE WHO SWORE LOYALTY TO THIS DARKNESS AT ALL COSTS. IN THEM THE ANSWER LIES AND IF THEY CHOOSE THE RIGHT PATH, OUR FOE MAY BE FOREVER VANQUISHED.."

There was a pause as the smoke gathered into a dark cloud, which hovered over Estella's head.

"IF THIS CHILD MAKES THE SACRIFICE, THEY CAN SAVE MANY, FOR THEY HAVE THE POWER OF THE DARK LORD. ONCE THE DARKNESS IN THEM DIES, PEACE CAN BE RESTORED."

Then there was silence.

"Ah," Voldemort took a step forward, turning to address Harry. "Confused? Let me explain," he gestured towards Estella. "My dear Bella was convinced that her daughter would be my greatest asset. Thus, I made the rather.. unfortunate.. decision to place a piece of my power in this child." His lips twisted in a terrible smile. "However, it remains to be seen whether that power will destroy you."

Estella raised her wand. "AVA.."

She was cut off as Voldemort whipped his wand, green light flashing from its tip. She threw herself to the ground, rolling over the gravel. Groaning, she felt the tender skin covering her chest tear. Standing shakily, she felt the blood begin to soak her clothes.

"What's this?" Voldemort sneered, a pleased expression crossing his face. "Looks like Bella did half the work for me."

"Over my dead body." Harry stepped forward. "STUPEFY!" A red stream exploded from his wand, nearly hitting Voldemort before the dark wizard blocked it with a smirk.

"That can be arranged."

Estella sent another curse in Voldemort's direction. Without waiting to see whether it hit, she whipped around. "CRUCIO!" Her eyes gleamed.

The light sped dangerously over the dark wizard's shoulder.

"Good," Voldemort smirked at Estella's shaking form. "Don't bother to fight it, Lestrange."

Estella felt a flood of shame as her red eyes were reflected in his.

"Estella," Harry looked at her urgently. "You can resist it. Just like you told me to."

Estella shook her head, biting her lip furiously.

"Ah Harry," Voldemort turned to face the dark-haired boy. "You should have learned by now when to shut your mouth."

Harry eyed the wizard with rage, his gaze cold. "I do what I want, thanks." He took a step forward. "You know, Tom, you can't hurt them anymore." He gestured to the fighters. "I protected them."

"Don't tell me," Voldemort snarled. "With your precious love."

Harry didn't blink as he kept his wand raised. "Just like my mum did for me."

"Well Potter," Voldemort kept his gaze on Harry. "Let me tell you something."

Estella noticed his pale fingers reaching for a sure position on his wand. "STUPEFY!" she bellowed. The red light burst on impact with a stone barrier, causing huge shards to fall on the dark wizard. Estella closed her eyes as she saw Harry running in her direction. It was too late. She barely noticed the pressure on her head as she crumbled to the ground and rocks rained down on her body. Everything went black.