Mother, Mother, and Daughter

Estella panted as she ran down the Great Hall, throwing curses at every cloaked figure in sight.

"WATCH OUT ESTELLA!"

She dove at the sound of Lupin's voice and a green light soared over her head. She scrambled to her feet panting. "Thanks."

Lupin gave a short nod, thrusting his wand against the wall and causing stone to shatter down.

"You know I'm trying to stay alive here Remus!" Tonks scrunched her nose. "I'd rather not be flattened by a rock, thanks."

"Tonks?" Estella whipped around and deflected a curse from a nearby Death Eater. "You shouldn't be here.."

"Right," the metamorphous ducked as she nearly tripped over an upturned cabinet. "And miss out on the action?"

"Seriously," Estella's eyes flashed with worry as she sent another jinx spiraling and hissed as it missed.

"What," Tonks turned around. "You don't think I can-"

She was cut off as a black dog leapt in front of her, taking the purple curse for itself.

"SIRIUS!" Remus lurched forward as the dog whimpered, forming into Sirius Black.

"Tell your wife to watch herself," Sirius hissed with pain, his eyes closed. Blood had begun to spill from numerous parts of his body. "Always a klutz, that one."

"No," Remus whispered hoarsely, cradling his friend. "You're not leaving."

Sirius cracked his eyes open and laughed weakly. "Still trying to tell me what to do, eh Lupin?"

Remus said nothing, a few tears slipping down his face.

"No," Tonks stepped forward. "We're not letting you go Sirius." She turned to Estella. "Help me."

Estella felt a pang of uncertainty, but moved forward to help the woman, waving her wand over the wounds. They closed only for a moment before bursting again. Tears began to trickle down her cheeks. "I..i. can't."

"Hey." She felt Sirius's hand grab her own. His grey gaze seemed to pierce hers. "I'm sorry," the man wheezed.

"No," Estella shook her head. "Save your strength." She closed her eyes, a quiet rage broiling inside her. Grabbing both of Sirius's arms she let out a groan as she began to mutter healing charms under her breath. After a minute, she opened her eyes.

The cuts still stretched across his body, but they had begun to scab over. Estella ducked as a curse soared over her head.

Remus watched her with an unreadable expression. "Your eyes are red."

Estella shook her head, looking down. "You have to move Sirius. I can't do anything more. He needs the Hospital Wing." She bit her lip, knowing that Reus had begun to connect the dots.

The werewolf sent her a last look before lifting Sirius into his arms, Tonks right behind him. Estella took the rear as they began to run through the castle. She threw back curses without stopping, with no time to see if any actually hit their target. Suddenly, a black rope lashed around her ankle and she was pulled to the ground with a yelp.

"ESTELLA!" Tonks spun around.

"NO," Estella shook her head. "GO!"

With a last look, Tonks sprinted after her husband, who was still dragging Sirius.

Estella hissed as she tried to move her ankle, a sharp pain ricocheting up her leg. It was broken.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Bellatrix appeared out of the dark, her eyes gleaming. "Savor the pain."